The 13 hr Work Day Mother of Mockers

KodiakThunder

Cuts:

-Usual Suspects

Resigns:

-usual Suspects

Free Agency:

Kurt Cousins, QB- 5 years 175 mil (35 mil per year, 100 mil guaranteed over 1st 3 years, 5 mil guaranteed on the final 2)

Allen Robinson, WR, 5 years 55 mil (11 mil per year, 25 mil guaranteed)

Ezekiel Ansah, DE, 4 years 32 mil (8 mil per year, 12 mil guaranteed)

Justin Bethel, CB, 3 years 27 mil (9 mil per year)

Weston Richburg, OC, 4 years 20 mil (5 mil per year)

Michael Scofield, OG, 3 years 12 mil (4 mil a year)

72 mil in cap used. Most Contracts front loaded included Robinson, Cousins and Ansah to free up space after year 3 of these deals)

NFL Draft:

1.       Cleveland- Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

2.       NYG- Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

3.       Indianapolis- Saiqon Barkley, RB, Penn St.

4.       Cleveland- Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame

5.       Denver Broncos- Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

**NYJ trade 1st to Washington for #13, 2nd, 5th and 2019 2nd**

6.       Washington (via NYJ)- Bradley Chubb, DE/OLB, Georgia

7.       Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

8.       Chicago Bears- Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama

9.       Oakland- Courtland Sutton, WR, Southern Methodist

10.   S.F. 49ers- Derwin James, S, Fla. St.

11.   Miami Dolphins- Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia

12.   Cincinnati Bengals- Sam Darnell, QB, USC

13.   NYJ (via Wash)- Tremaine Edmunds, DE/OLB, Va. Tech

Round 2- Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio St.

Round 2 (via Wash) Ronald Jones II, RB, USC

Round 2 (via Sea) Auden Tate, WR, Fla St.

Round 3- Mike Gesicki, TE, Fla

Round 4- Colton Davis, CB, Auburn

Round 5- Poona Ford, DT, Texas,

Round 5 (via Wash) Wyatt Teller, OG, Va. Tech

Round 6- Logan Woodside, QB, Toledo

Round 7- Kemoko Turay, DE/OLB, Rutgers

My main issue isn't with the Jets draft, even though Ward won't be there like Bobby said,  there's just some very weird picks in the 1st round projection, lol.  Nelson to the Browns when they have two of the best guards in the league,  Chubb to the Redskins with Kerrigan and Smith, Orlando to the Bucs doesn't fit given he's a future RT and Dotson is a very good RT, etc.

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

My main issue isn't with the Jets draft, even though Ward won't be there like Bobby said,  there's just some very weird picks in the 1st round projection, lol.  Nelson to the Browns when they have two of the best guards in the league,  Chubb to the Redskins with Kerrigan and Smith, Orlando to the Bucs doesn't fit given he's a future RT and Dotson is a very good RT, etc.

I used NFL.coms team needs and a mix of CBS and Walterfootball for the dragt prospect rankings. Theres a ton of differing opinions on where guys belong.

1 hour ago, KodiakThunder said:

I used NFL.coms team needs and a mix of CBS and Walterfootball for the dragt prospect rankings. Theres a ton of differing opinions on where guys belong.

That's really weird that they stated that though.  The Browns is the really odd one.  They literally have two top ten guards on that team.

9 hours ago, Cory Longville said:

I feel uncomfortable giving Robinson a 5 year deal coming off an ACL. I think I would only think about signing him to a one year prove it deal like the Eagles did with Alshon

I would definitely give A rob this deal.  Actually i think he is going to get more than this.  He is then only legit #1 WR in FA this year.  ACL's aren't what they used to be, guys come back from them all the time.

However, this FA is fairly unrealistic.  A-Rob, and Ansah probably aren't going to make it to the market, and both will certainly get more money than you have them getting, especially Ansah.  Guy is a double digit sack guy on the FA market and you think he gets around what we are paying Winters??  Melvin Ingram is getting 16 mill per year and has 9 less sacks in 4 more games in his career than Ansah.  And his contract was signed a year ago, things are only going up.

I love Edmunds, but there is really no way Ward makes it to the 2nd round.  Almost every mock i have seen has him going top 13, many top 10.  I'm cool with the rest of the draft.

• 2 weeks later...

I DONT THINK Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio St. WILL FALL TO THE 2ND ROUND AND THEN PASS CLEVELAND.  THEY ARE DESPERATE FOR CB AND HE IS TOP 2 THIS YEAR.  IF YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN, ILL SEND YOU A COKE CAUSE HE IS GONNA BE A STUD

Archived