03/10/18 Update: 3-Round Mock Draft (with Trades & Free Agency)

DoleINGout

@MikeT14Talib still costs money and he can flip between corner and safety. Su'a Cravens might come back tol which could help. Oh yeah and re-signing Ryan Grant. Only so much cap space for the Redskins plus draft picks. The one traded for Talib is a fourth. Not a day one or two pick.

16 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Well is AJ McCarron better to you? I realize offensive line is a need, probably more than QB, but the I've seen links of Teddy Bridgewater, Kirk Cousins, AJ McCarron to the Broncos and trading block for Trevor Siemian so far. For the draft, Vance Joseph said at the combine that Josh Rosen is "a really good player". The Broncos seem like they are making quarterback their first priority. I believe with the way free agents will land, and with how the Broncos have been somewhat conservative in free agency under John Elway, we'll see the Broncos choose or be left with choosing the draft route for finding their guy in Josh Rosen and in order to do that they will most likely trade up which will require draft stock this year or heavily from the future.

Either McCarron or Bridgewater...but mostly importantly stay at 5 and go BPA non-QB....hopefully Nelson.

The only rookies that I would want are White, Lauletta and Woodside

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Clayborn is a horrible free agent signing for us. Donald and Brockers start at ends we need a NT not another end to rotate.

Yeah that was lazy. I keep changing my mind on Clayborn. But really nothing else to comment on? Just that?

3 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

Either McCarron or Bridgewater...but mostly importantly stay at 5 and go BPA non-QB....hopefully Nelson.

The only rookies that I would want are White, Lauletta and Woodside

McCarron Im pretty sure will sign with the Broncos or Browns but I am not convinced they won't draft a QB with their first even though Nelson might be a safer pick than Rosen who I believe they want.

52 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Yeah that was lazy. I keep changing my mind on Clayborn. But really nothing else to comment on? Just that?

Only thing I see is Rams have cleared off cap space and Wade loves NRC. Don't see the Rams not making a big push to bring him back for the slot along with Joyner. Watkins is up in the air but I think the Rams will push to resign Joyner and NRC.

11 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Signing Cousins is perfect. Gore doesn't make sense at all with Cook and Murray.

DT and RT are the right positions to focus on early in the draft.

Thinking was McKinnon is leaving to the Giants and Gore would be the third back on the depth chart to replace him in passing situations mostly when Cook isn't in on those. Gore is trying to win a Super Bowl and missed his shot with the Colts so I see him joining a team like this for one year.

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Why would the jets draft Chubb and than draft another edge a couple picks later? 

Because then the Jets would have a viable stash of players who can do that. I don't view it as a situation where the Jets draft one and they're done. They need depth to rush the passer. Kony Ealy might re-sign but that's not a smartest infestmemt in my opinion. Even so, Leonard Williams and Steve McLendon are the main defensive linemen left. Unrein in free agency will be paid to fill in for Wilkerson, and Chubb will operate between the role Ealy was in and standing up akin to Calvin Pace. Mata'afa is a little more of an outside linebacker in the Jets defense with a primary role or defending the run and rushing the passer. The Jets are losing a few linebackers in free agency and returning one from injured reserve while the other, Jordan Jenkins, is all that remains. So, to invest into fromt seven like this I see the Jets doing mainly because it will be their biggest need after free agency.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Thinking was McKinnon is leaving to the Giants and Gore would be the third back on the depth chart to replace him in passing situations mostly when Cook isn't in on those. Gore is trying to win a Super Bowl and missed his shot with the Colts so I see him joining a team like this for one year.

Because then the Jets would have a viable stash of players who can do that. I don't view it as a situation where the Jets draft one and they're done. They need depth to rush the passer. Kony Ealy might re-sign but that's not a smartest infestmemt in my opinion. Even so, Leonard Williams and Steve McLendon are the main defensive linemen left. Unrein in free agency will be paid to fill in for Wilkerson, and Chubb will operate between the role Ealy was in and standing up akin to Calvin Pace. Mata'afa is a little more of an outside linebacker in the Jets defense with a primary role or defending the run and rushing the passer. The Jets are losing a few linebackers in free agency and returning one from injured reserve while the other, Jordan Jenkins, is all that remains. So, to invest into fromt seven like this I see the Jets doing mainly because it will be their biggest need after free agency.

The jets have out young Calvin pace edge setter in Jenkins already. He’s great at what he does. What’s missing is a sack artist on the other side. Chubb would fill that. Therefor adding another OLB is pointless with how many needs the jets have.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The jets have out young Calvin pace edge setter in Jenkins already. He’s great at what he does. What’s missing is a sack artist on the other side. Chubb would fill that. Therefor adding another OLB is pointless with how many needs the jets have.

I will cerainly recomsider the pick going forward. The other part is value on the draft board with who's available. Maybe there is someone else you think the Jets will like better in the second round. I know receiver is a position some people could see being a target early on. I believe Mata'afa is a top 50 prospect this year and adding him to Chubb and the rest of the front seven should solidify that part of the roster indefinitely as a strength to build around. Whereas the Jets receivers are already solid to me. One through four are solid, plus with Kerryn Johnson in the draft, the running backs are solid, ASJ re-signed and tight end becomes much less of a priority. The main needs for the Jets at that point in the second round is center and corner. There are plenty of defensive backs available in the third round and several center/interior linemen in the third round that are good value. Pass rush in this draft is limited to a handful of guys who can hold up against the run as well. For me, value. ::edit:: Never mind abot center being a pick there because I forgot Frank Daniels was their earlier pick. Really the only other option at 49 is a corner. Who would that be?

19 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I will cerainly recomsider the pick going forward. The other part is value on the draft board with who's available. Maybe there is someone else you think the Jets will like better in the second round. I know receiver is a position some people could see being a target early on. I believe Mata'afa is a top 50 prospect this year and adding him to Chubb and the rest of the front seven should solidify that part of the roster indefinitely as a strength to build around. Whereas the Jets receivers are already solid to me. One through four are solid, plus with Kerryn Johnson in the draft, the running backs are solid, ASJ re-signed and tight end becomes much less of a priority. The main needs for the Jets at that point in the second round is center and corner. There are plenty of defensive backs available in the third round and several center/interior linemen in the third round that are good value. Pass rush in this draft is limited to a handful of guys who can hold up against the run as well. For me, value. ::edit:: Never mind abot center being a pick there because I forgot Frank Daniels was their earlier pick. Really the only other option at 49 is a corner. Who would that be?

Wide receiver is a need. Enunwa has major neck surgery so his career is in doubt and Anderson is due for a suspension and another incident with him and he’s gone.

39 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think MN drafts McKinnon's replacement plus I'd expect Cook to be the third down RB because of his ability as a receiver and blocker.

1 hour ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Bad draft for the Browns taking a RB at #1 is terrible positional value, Allen is also terrible, and to add insult to injury you have Darnold still available 

I'm pretty sure Cleveland will be taking Saquon Barkley first overall. I could see Baker Mayfield as a possibility but less likely. Sam Darnold was my projection three weeks ago, but I think they fell in love with Josh Allen.

Archived