Jump to content
DoleINGout

03/10/18 Update: 3-Round Mock Draft (with Trades & Free Agency)

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

 

Good feedback. I thought that adding Glenn to the deal with pick 53 would be giving too much up. Originally there was a second, so I'll add that back in. The value is there for Buffalo to give I just didn't put the offer up that should be there.

It's cool...I know that these are tough to do and trying to make everyone happy is impossible.  Hats off for the effort.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Acgott said:

I believe the Giants can’t do that trade without at least both first, both seconds, and next years first. It’s too big of a fall. Glenn has very little trade value especially for the Giants with his injuries and cap hit.

Bith firsts this year, a second this year, Glenn, and a first next year is what I had, with a fourth too this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ny92jefferis said:

It's cool...I know that these are tough to do and trying to make everyone happy is impossible.  Hats off for the effort.

 

The only unhappy ones are a couple of Browns fans because I don't have them drafting a QB this year. And I guess a couple of Giants fans because I didn't include a second round pick in the trade which I will add. ? The Bengals fan on the last page was wondering why there is no tackle and that was an oversight when ainchanged their pick from McGlinchey back to Vita Vea. Not bad I'd say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Bith firsts this year, a second this year, Glenn, and a first next year is what I had, with a fourth too this year.

That should be the bare minimum they should accept, but it still be a terrible decision for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

The only unhappy ones are a couple of Browns fans because I don't have them drafting a QB this year. And I guess a couple of Giants fans because I didn't include a second round pick in the trade which I will add. ? The Bengals fan on the last page was wondering why there is no tackle and that was an oversight when ainchanged their pick from McGlinchey back to Vita Vea. Not bad I'd say.

For me and this is just my opinion.  But even with the additional 2nd rounder the value just isn't there.  Moving from 2 down to 21 is just too far to move down regardless what is given up.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Jets draft picks but you dont have them active enough in FA.  They have the most cap space and the GM has officially said he wants to use it all.  R Jensen is a major target to play C for the Jets.  Add him and 1 more mid range FA and your good

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/17/2018 at 4:37 PM, DoleINGout said:

19. L. Carter - OLB, DAL

50. M. Gesicki - TE, DAL

81. T. McFadden - CB, DAL

I’m really trying to understand this draft. At 19, you have Dallas selecting a guy who is expected to be a 3rd or 4th round pick while leaving better players to fall.

In the third round, you have them drafting a CB, even though they drafted two last year who became starters, and after it’s been announced that Byron Jones is moving back to CB. Meaning, you’re drafting a guy who will never see the field while ignoring the newly created hole at Safety, only to have Derwin James and Ronnie Harrison be drafted later in the first round.

I hate DBs with a passion, but that’s not a likely scenario at all. That, and Dallas has a glaring hole at OG, yet you have Will Hermandez - a man who has already been seen hanging out with other Cowboys offensive linemen - fall past the Cowboys.

Edited by plan9misfit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m really trying to understand this draft. At 19, you have Dallas selecting a guy who is expected to be a 3rd or 4th round pick while leaving better players to fall.

In the third round, you have them drafting a CB, even though they drafted two last year who became starters, and after it’s been announced that Byron Jones is moving back to CB. Meaning, you’re drafting a guy who will never see the field while ignoring the newly created hole at Safety, only to have Derwin James and Ronnie Harrison be drafted later in the first round.

I hate DBs with a passion, but that’s not a likely scenario at all. That, and Dallas has a glaring hole at OG, yet you have Will Hermandez - a man who has already been seen hanging out with other Cowboys offensive linemen - fall past the Cowboys.

Okay, I really appreciate your feedback. Only, I'm trying to understand a couple of things. You think Lorenzo Carter is a third or fourth rounder? His combine all but assured him of being a first round pick in my mind. Perhaps he could fall into the second round, but whatever team gets him will be getting good value for their pick.

 

The other thing I'm trying to understand is what you said about hating DB's but that's not a likely scenario at all. Cowboys drafting a defensive back in the first round you mean, right? Well you may be right that safety is a need, so why complain about one mot being draft then say next sentence that it's unlikely they would draft one at all? I did not know the Cowboys were handing out with Will Hernandez but I think he would be a good pick in the first round, just midly surprising to some. I figured getting a linebacker that can stop the run and rush the passer while maintaining good instincts in coverage was a priority/need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, J_E_T_$ said:

I like the Jets draft picks but you dont have them active enough in FA.  They have the most cap space and the GM has officially said he wants to use it all.  R Jensen is a major target to play C for the Jets.  Add him and 1 more mid range FA and your good

 

Frank Daniels is a better option in the draft than Jensen in free agency, who is from what I understand better suited to play guard than center. As for free agent spending, Malcolm Butler ans EJ Gaines would cost a pretty penny. Now that Suh is a free agent, he could be a target of the division rival Jets to terrorize the Dolphins, Patriots and Bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Okay, I really appreciate your feedback. Only, I'm trying to understand a couple of things. You think Lorenzo Carter is a third or fourth rounder? His combine all but assured him of being a first round pick in my mind. Perhaps he could fall into the second round, but whatever team gets him will be getting good value for their pick.

 

The other thing I'm trying to understand is what you said about hating DB's but that's not a likely scenario at all. Cowboys drafting a defensive back in the first round you mean, right? Well you may be right that safety is a need, so why complain about one mot being draft then say next sentence that it's unlikely they would draft one at all? I did not know the Cowboys were handing out with Will Hernandez but I think he would be a good pick in the first round, just midly surprising to some. I figured getting a linebacker that can stop the run and rush the passer while maintaining good instincts in coverage was a priority/need. 

My point was that Carter is not a first round pick, and you have Dallas passing on higher value players - some of which fill DB needs. And just because I hate DBs doesn’t change the fact that Safety is a need on the team, as is OG. But a middle round LB is not a good idea in the 1st round regardless of who is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pretty atrocious for the Falcons. I don't even know where to begin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2018 at 7:37 PM, DoleINGout said:

*PHI trade Brandon Graham to TB for pick 108

Dude what? GTFOH with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×