03/10/18 Update: 3-Round Mock Draft (with Trades & Free Agency)

DoleINGout

17 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I love the signings of Cousins and Trumaine Johnson. I agree with @BleedTheClock that LB and DT are fairly deep positions on the Browns as is. As far as other players/positions to target, free safeties such as Lamarcus Joyner and Tre Boston are popular recommendations in the Browns forum. Also, at least one WR is a big need. Maybe sign one and draft one, one with size and the other as a deep threat with speed/good hands. Signing a mid-level TE to be TE2 to David Njoku, though I don't see a huge signing there. 

I appreciate the added incite. The Browns are a very interesting team to watch right now.

5 hours ago, KJtheWicked said:

No. Why would Pittsburgh let their star RB go to their arch rival(and 4/44M isn’t even close) and draft a replacement with their 1st pick, and not even use the money saved to upgrade the defense? Bell isn’t going anywhere, and they need Defense. 

There is nothing that says they don't spend money to improve their defense. I only listed a some of the free agents that are supposed to be the best but there are plenty of other quality players that could help the Steelers that I didn't include.

As for Bell, he held out last uear and it won't go down again under the tag. I predict that if he goes to free agency, he signs with the Patriots.

Taven Bryan is a really good pick for the Falcons in round 1. 

Now as far as FA goes
Gabriel probably won't be back as he didn't really do well under Sark in this offense.   I would probably look elsewhere maybe to spend our cap space instead of resigning him.  I think Sark will bring him into SF for a little more than what we offered him honestly.   But i say if they can sign him for what we offered then go for it.

Now as far as Poe goes i hope thats not 3 yrs 18 mil total because theirs no way we won't bring him back for that price to ATL.  He said he loved it here in our scheme and we were happy to pay him 8 mil a year this year and he was worth it.   He will ask for like 10 to 12 a year in this coming contract and if the Falcons could get him for even 3 yrs 21 to 24 mil we would resign him much less for 3 yrs 18 mil that would be a steal and we would 100% have to resign him because we don't have any DT's on the roster besides Grady Jarrett making Poe a priority signing over any position right now.

Also i don't see Justin Pugh in your draft or on the FA list with us needing a OG pretty badly would you be against us getting Pugh as our big time FA this offseason and shore up our OL for the next few years for our SB run window under Ryans last contract.   This would actually allow us to get a younger good WR in round 2 to 4 instead of bringing back Gabriel who has said didn't do well in Sarks scheme this year.

5 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Taven Bryan is a really good pick for the Falcons in round 1. 

Now as far as FA goes
Gabriel probably won't be back as he didn't really do well under Sark in this offense.   I would probably look elsewhere maybe to spend our cap space instead of resigning him.  I think Sark will bring him into SF for a little more than what we offered him honestly.   But i say if they can sign him for what we offered then go for it.

Now as far as Poe goes i hope thats not 3 yrs 18 mil total because theirs no way we won't bring him back for that price to ATL.  He said he loved it here in our scheme and we were happy to pay him 8 mil a year this year and he was worth it.   He will ask for like 10 to 12 a year in this coming contract and if the Falcons could get him for even 3 yrs 21 to 24 mil we would resign him much less for 3 yrs 18 mil that would be a steal and we would 100% have to resign him because we don't have any DT's on the roster besides Grady Jarrett making Poe a priority signing over any position right now.

Also i don't see Justin Pugh in your draft or on the FA list with us needing a OG pretty badly would you be against us getting Pugh as our big time FA this offseason and shore up our OL for the next few years for our SB run window under Ryans last contract.   This would actually allow us to get a younger good WR in round 2 to 4 instead of bringing back Gabriel who has said didn't do well in Sarks scheme this year.

That's a good point about Gabriel fitting in with San Francisco. I could see that but I also had Danny Amendola in mind as an option for the 49ers. Either way, he's a viable deep threat in the slot so I would think he could carve out a bigger role if re-signed. They could use reciever depth behind Jones because Sanu is pretty hot or cold prior to last season. Pugh I am less familiar with from a performance stand point. I saw his stats on Sportrac being fairly low and quite honestly based on that I had a hard time imagining which franchise would want to, in my opinion- over spend. I remember when he was drafted in the first round by thr Giants and there being a mixed reaction because he wasn't athletic enough at tackle but had limited or no experience at guard either. Basically his saving grace seemed like if moved inside he could use his size and compensate while letting his skill set develop. I'm not sure it jas advanced that far but because he plays a prized position and the free agents aren't aplenty along the offensive line this year, I could see why he might get a bigger than usuala contract. That, and the expanding cap each year. So, with your suggestion, I think Atlanta would be a welcome home to Pugh. If I were to post another one of these prediction threads again then I would consider adding that to it. FYI, not much else will change -- when I make a prediction I usually believe in it enough to not change over a months time. I would only do another mock draft after these guys actually sign in March.

9 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/avery-williamson-14562/market-value/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/josh-kline-12892/market-value/

I'll reiterate what I posted earlier to you. If you can, look past the number and focus on where I have the players signing then you might get something more out of what I posted. That, I would think, is more imperative for a discussion. Predicting where someone goes in free agency or the draft is the purpose of creating mock draft I thought. As opposed to what you've contributed here. Instead of putting your effort into scoffing at a couple made up contracts, try to actually come up with some other insightful remarks first. Otherwise, your contribution is just a waste. Thanks anyways.

Ok but these contracts that were “made up” are apart of these mocks. If you don’t like any criticism about it, don’t post the contract numbers. It’s that simple. I’m going critique the Bucs giving a below average OG 10m/year. Same with giving a one-dimensional LB 9m/year. I don’t think a Buccaneers fan has commented yet but I’m sure they’d give the same reaction about Kline. I wouldn’t go off what spotrac says but it’s easy to see why you’d use them. If we’re ignoring contracts for a 2nd, resigning a one-dimensional LB and then drafting Evans at 25 is a joke.... What’s the point? The Titans drafted a 5th round rookie last year to replace Williamson on passing downs. That should tell you all you need to know about how the Titans feel about Avery. Wesley Woodyard is aging but played like a top 10 LB last year. I’m not against drafting an ILB at 25(although Evans is overrated) but drafting Evans and resigning Avery(especially at that contract that can’t be ignored) is horrible business wise.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Ok but these contracts that were “made up” are apart of these mocks. If you don’t like any criticism about it, don’t post the contract numbers. It’s that simple. I’m going critique the Bucs giving a below average OG 10m/year. Same with giving a one-dimensional LB 9m/year. I don’t think a Buccaneers fan has commented yet but I’m sure they’d give the same reaction about Kline. I wouldn’t go off what spotrac says but it’s easy to see why you’d use them. If we’re ignoring contracts for a 2nd, resigning a one-dimensional LB and then drafting Evans at 25 is a joke.... What’s the point? The Titans drafted a 5th round rookie last year to replace Williamson on passing downs. That should tell you all you need to know about how the Titans feel about Avery. Wesley Woodyard is aging but played like a top 10 LB last year. I’m not against drafting an ILB at 25(although Evans is overrated) but drafting Evans and resigning Avery(especially at that contract that can’t be ignored) is horrible business wise.

You're criticism invited as long as its somewhat contructive and comprehensive. Your original post was trolling.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

You're criticism invited as long as its somewhat contructive and comprehensive. Your original post was trolling.

No it wasn’t trolling. I’ve been this site a hell of a lot longer than you have so trolling isn’t exactly something I do.... The contracts(who you say to ignore) were horrible for those two players. That’s not trolling whether you want people to ignore the numbers or not.

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

As for LeVeon Bell, if he leaves like I predicted, then I think Pittsburgh would take Guice at the end of the first. That’s a huge if though and a wild prediction. So, perhaps more realistically right now we will see Bell get a monster seven year contract or longer and remain in Pittsburgh where he will continue to not win behind the “rivalry” with the Patriots. If they went defense regardless of Bell staying or going, then there are still a few edge rushers available at 29 that are projected first round talents.

Why would Bell accept less money from NE than he was offered in Pittsburgh?  Does not make sense.  Why wouldn't SF throw $15M per year at him if he is a FA?  Or the Jets or Cleveland?

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Well what about the draft picks? One is a free safety.

Justin Reid at #64 seems around where he may go in the draft, and he obviously had shown ability to go along with his NFL bloodlines. If we don't spend big on a free safety in free agency, I expect us to grab one in the draft. There is a small debate going on as to whether we are looking for a box defender hitting SS type (Minkah/Derwin)--Peppers played FS this year but seemed out of position-- or a coverage/free safety type (Justin Reid). Most seem to favor drafting or signing a free safety. Some of us like this guy Kai Nacua to play free safety. He's already on the team, though. 

16 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Okay, but how realistic is the rest? I figure with that much cap space Cleveland has, they can spend afford to add several high caliber players and push for post season right away. Which players would Cleveland realistically target with the money I allocated to Richardson and Bradham?

As far as the depth, can't have too much on the defensive line IMO if you plan to contend. Linebackers do seem solid, but could be improved. If I could change one thing about this from your advice it would be the signing of Bradham. He may go back to Philly in all liklihood. Thanks for taking the time to respond, jist wish you'd have commented on the rest of the Browns moves.

The Browns will likely throw a significant amount of money around in free agency.

I think we target at QB (McCarron/Cousins)

I think we target at WR (Landry/Robinson)

I think we target 2 DB's (Butler/Fuller/Amukamara/Colvin/Trumaine/Gaines)

I love the idea of having depth on your DL, but we have too much right now on the interior. We could use a 3rd pass rusher in here (Ansah, Ford?), but that's not a burning need that I expect us to address in free agency. I guarantee you we won't bring in an interior defensive lineman in here.

Draft picks were fine considering what we acquired in FA (Cousins), but I don't like Fitzpatrick that much. Given the board, he'd be a fine selection. If we get Cousins, I'd like to move both of those 1st round picks back a little bit and see what we can get, but trades are impossible to predict so it's fine.

7 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

That's a good point about Gabriel fitting in with San Francisco. I could see that but I also had Danny Amendola in mind as an option for the 49ers. Either way, he's a viable deep threat in the slot so I would think he could carve out a bigger role if re-signed. They could use reciever depth behind Jones because Sanu is pretty hot or cold prior to last season. Pugh I am less familiar with from a performance stand point. I saw his stats on Sportrac being fairly low and quite honestly based on that I had a hard time imagining which franchise would want to, in my opinion- over spend. I remember when he was drafted in the first round by thr Giants and there being a mixed reaction because he wasn't athletic enough at tackle but had limited or no experience at guard either. Basically his saving grace seemed like if moved inside he could use his size and compensate while letting his skill set develop. I'm not sure it jas advanced that far but because he plays a prized position and the free agents aren't aplenty along the offensive line this year, I could see why he might get a bigger than usuala contract. That, and the expanding cap each year. So, with your suggestion, I think Atlanta would be a welcome home to Pugh. If I were to post another one of these prediction threads again then I would consider adding that to it. FYI, not much else will change -- when I make a prediction I usually believe in it enough to not change over a months time. I would only do another mock draft after these guys actually sign in March.

Makes sense and thank you for taking it into consideration and im not fully against Gabriel being back as i know we need depth i just hope he can do better than he did last year for us.  The main reason i said Gabriel to san fran is Shannahan has brought gabriel in every place he has went so far with the browns and the Falcons and he has showed out every time under Shanny. But as said if he can somehow figure something out here he is a solid player that we could def. use at the WR position.

What was your thoughts on Poe though why would he be taking such a downgrade on Pay compared to what we gave him last year at 8 mil on a 1 year deal.  From what the talk is around here from i guess you would say inside analysts the Falcons might not be able to keep him because him and his agent are wanting like 11 to 12 a year.  While the Falcons are hoping to resign him at around 8 again for 3 or 4 years but saying we prob. can't get him for that which means he ends up walking to a team offering 11 to 12 which would suck because some team can pay that easier than us and he done well here :(

6 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

No it wasn’t trolling. I’ve been this site a hell of a lot longer than you have so trolling isn’t exactly something I do.... The contracts(who you say to ignore) were horrible for those two players. That’s not trolling whether you want people to ignore the numbers or not.

I've been visiting thjs site since 2005 or 2006 and started posting shortly after so ai'd be surprised. Trolling isn't limited to just here FYI. Trolling is a form of communication you'll get all over the internet. You were being a troll. Might not be something you think you do but you did it here and I'm just going to ignore it from you.

As for ignoring the contract scenarios that I attached, (only because I thought it would be more fun and substantial than just listing where I think free agents will land), my suggestion to you was to constructive with your criticisms instead of, well, "Lol are you serious Avery Williamson? Edit: Omfg Kline... wtf?!"

You've managed to add negativity and entertainment for trolls by being one yourself so good job, mission accomplished.

Now, for actual football conversation, you said you think Evans is an overrated linebacker, doesn't make sense if Avery returns, and you don't seem to think he is a good pick regardless. Well, with Vrabel there I think he would covet a bigger linebacker that fundamentally is sound and comes from a strong background. I'm not sure what the Titans base defense will be but coming from Houston and from playing 3-4 OLB with the Steelers, Patriots, and Chiefs, I would think Evans is in the mold of what Vrabel js used to. Evans has more of those base principles and technique than a 2017 fifth round passing down linebacker and Wesley Woodyard, another undersized backer.

Archived