03/10/18 Update: 3-Round Mock Draft (with Trades & Free Agency)

DoleINGout

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I've read or beard the same general thing at some point about Poe seeking a mega deal. Essentially the Falcons gave him the platform to showcase his skillset more so he could retain a long term contract that he wanted in 2017. I would be surprised if he gets close to what he was offering but as has been discussed elsewhere in this thread relating to the contracts I put up, my numbers were derived from research I did using Sportrac. I may have added up the annuals wrong on Poe but it seemed like he had a slightly above average year and wants to earn like Suh or Gerald McCoy.

Fair enough and i hope the Falcons are the one that gives him 3 more years at 8 mil a year :)   Lord knows we need him back because if not our DT group is gonna be in a world of hurt if we don't sign another good FA DT besides him and still draft 1 or 2 of them.     Every single Dt we have on the roster is a FA this year besides Grady Jarrett thats a scary thought even more so when Taven Bryan is more of a big DE smaller DT than Grady.  Will be a good addition to rotate with him at UT and DE.  But still need 2 more of them and i would be thrilled if thats Poe back and maybe a guy like B.J. Hill in the 3rd or 4th round. 

I actually like everything for the Browns except Cousins, not because I do not like him but I think there is no way he comes to Cleveland.  If we come out of this draft with Barkley, Fitzpatrick and a FA QB, I will feel the Browns won this draft.  I personally would like to see Tyrod Taylor as a Brown, if not him, Bridgewater or McCarron.  Taylor  is a game manager but he does not throw a lot of picks.  With Barkley in the backfield to hand off to, Njoku at TE and either Gordon of maybe a second rd WR, this team could improve.  Work on the defense starting with Fitzpatrick and we could improve rapidly.

5 hours ago, Wizbane said:

I actually like everything for the Browns except Cousins, not because I do not like him but I think there is no way he comes to Cleveland.  If we come out of this draft with Barkley, Fitzpatrick and a FA QB, I will feel the Browns won this draft.  I personally would like to see Tyrod Taylor as a Brown, if not him, Bridgewater or McCarron.  Taylor  is a game manager but he does not throw a lot of picks.  With Barkley in the backfield to hand off to, Njoku at TE and either Gordon of maybe a second rd WR, this team could improve.  Work on the defense starting with Fitzpatrick and we could improve rapidly.

Not to mention a top tier free agent corner like Trumaine Johnson or Malcolm Butler and maybe Vontae Davis as a smaller signing second corner.

Not a fan of the approach for the Bengals, and it'd not because I don't like Vea as a prospect.  The problem is that we have glaring holes all along the offensive line and at LB.  Since we don't dive into free agency until about day five with the second tier guys, we almost HAVE to come out of the first round with one of those needs filled.  I know we are a BPA team, but the team also factors need into it.  Vea would be beastly next to Atkins, and between him and Billings, I think we'd be set at the spot for years.  But now we'd have to chase need through the next few rounds with lesser guys at OT, C, LB.

And you must be very high on Ragnow to have him at #15.  

21 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Not a fan of the approach for the Bengals, and it'd not because I don't like Vea as a prospect.  The problem is that we have glaring holes all along the offensive line and at LB.  Since we don't dive into free agency until about day five with the second tier guys, we almost HAVE to come out of the first round with one of those needs filled.  I know we are a BPA team, but the team also factors need into it.  Vea would be beastly next to Atkins, and between him and Billings, I think we'd be set at the spot for years.  But now we'd have to chase need through the next few rounds with lesser guys at OT, C, LB.

And you must be very high on Ragnow to have him at #15.  

Ragnow strikes me as versatile enough to get by at any poisiton along the line. Best fit is probably guard but I like his prospects, you're right. I think his frame and personality will appeal to the Cardinals who'll shift their focus to solidifying their offense around their new quarterback. I don't expect them to draft a QB, but if they go offense and don't take Ragnow, then I could see Cortland Sutton being a good pick at 15.

The Bengals will most likely find their linebackers in free agency and day three of the draft. Center I think can be found in the same way. I would expect if Vea is available they would struggle to pass but an offensive tackle would also be ideal.

1 hour ago, zappa13004 said:

Not saying people cant change their mind but considering Brady, Cassel, Mallett, Garoppolo, i do not see the fit with Lamar Jackson ?

Josh McDaniels drafted Tim Tebow in the first round. Anything is in play. Jackson offers legitimate running ability so his athleticsm would become a feature of the Patriots offense even with Brady on the field. Jackson could fill snaps as a runner for the Patriots with the overhaul coming to that position this offseason. Dion Lewis, Rex Burkhead, and Brandon Bolden are free agents and Mike Gillislee is likely to be cut to build cap room.

14 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Fair enough and i hope the Falcons are the one that gives him 3 more years at 8 mil a year :)   Lord knows we need him back because if not our DT group is gonna be in a world of hurt if we don't sign another good FA DT besides him and still draft 1 or 2 of them.     Every single Dt we have on the roster is a FA this year besides Grady Jarrett thats a scary thought even more so when Taven Bryan is more of a big DE smaller DT than Grady.  Will be a good addition to rotate with him at UT and DE.  But still need 2 more of them and i would be thrilled if thats Poe back and maybe a guy like B.J. Hill in the 3rd or 4th round. 

Bryan is in my view capable of providing what Poe did in 2017. Because he is young and building his strength and technique, it's very much within the realm of possibility Thomas Dimitrov uses the deep pool of defensive tackle free agents to add to the rotation.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Josh McDaniels drafted Tim Tebow in the first round. Anything is in play. Jackson offers legitimate running ability so his athleticsm would become a feature of the Patriots offense even with Brady on the field. Jackson could fill snaps as a runner for the Patriots with the overhaul coming to that position this offseason. Dion Lewis, Rex Burkhead, and Brandon Bolden are free agents and Mike Gillislee is likely to be cut to build cap room.

No. I doubt BB would have drafted Tebow. We read McDaniels will (probably ?) have a QB to develop to prepare the future but...No non-sense in your words but i don't buy it, sorry :)

Archived