03/10/18 Update: 3-Round Mock Draft (with Trades & Free Agency)

DoleINGout

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

@FalconFan13 I tell you what , I still project Michael Bennett to land with Atlanta if he isn't traded in tandem with Sherman to Oakland. Rather than the trade to the Falcons, I think he will be cut and signed.

DE:

M. Bennett, Falcons

58. J. Jones - OT, ATL

And other changes, I'm swapping the two Cowboys players where they're drafted. Lorenzo Carter in the first at 19 and Hayden Hurst in the second at 50.

Big dog don't change it just cause i don't like it :D  Just let me moan a little and get over it sometimes.  Actually i gave it some serious though after we talked about it and im not fully against him being a Falcon even though i still think he dirty as all get out.  But he is cheaper than i originally thought cap wise.  Still don't think i could bring myself to do a 2nd rounder for a 32 yr old player.  But i think if we gave something like our 3rd  and got back their 4th i wouldn't be totally against it.   To drop say 30 spots from 90 to 120 thats close to 100 points in value and = to a late 3rd round pick.   I think them getting a late 3rd round value for a guy who is 32 making 8+ mil and who doesn't want to be there it seems is pretty decent value for him still. 

As far as Jamarco Jones goes i don't really know much about him yet at all as we don't have a need for a OT but whats your opinion on him going to a  OG spot at the next level.  Does his game go well there or is he more of a legit OT prospect.  I like taking good OT's and making them OG's if all they lack is quickness for the speed rushers.  Alot of times it seems they do well at OG where their not in space as much.    But any info on him that you know about him i would love to heat about.  

16 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Eagles trade Nick for only future picks really doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would they do that? We need draft picks this year. We'll probably have 12 next year with comp picks. 

It's never a bad strategy to stock up on early round draft picks. One next year and one the year after. Compensatory picks for the Eagles with come both years ahead with the amount of free agents leaving their team but not too many of them will be as high as the middle of the third round or second round.

14 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Big dog don't change it just cause i don't like it :D  Just let me moan a little and get over it sometimes.  Actually i gave it some serious though after we talked about it and im not fully against him being a Falcon even though i still think he dirty as all get out.  But he is cheaper than i originally thought cap wise.  Still don't think i could bring myself to do a 2nd rounder for a 32 yr old player.  But i think if we gave something like our 3rd  and got back their 4th i wouldn't be totally against it.   To drop say 30 spots from 90 to 120 thats close to 100 points in value and = to a late 3rd round pick.   I think them getting a late 3rd round value for a guy who is 32 making 8+ mil and who doesn't want to be there it seems is pretty decent value for him still. 

As far as Jamarco Jones goes i don't really know much about him yet at all as we don't have a need for a OT but whats your opinion on him going to a  OG spot at the next level.  Does his game go well there or is he more of a legit OT prospect.  I like taking good OT's and making them OG's if all they lack is quickness for the speed rushers.  Alot of times it seems they do well at OG where their not in space as much.    But any info on him that you know about him i would love to heat about.  

It seems we both we a little convinced by each others arguments because I thought about it and figured Bennett was expensive at his age. However, it does seem to me like they should be able to get some value in a trade for Bennett and your trade scenario seems to work.

I do not change things in my mock draft unless I become convinced they will happen. I believe in my predictions for teams pretty strongly, but my knowledge changes and expands by the day. I start with a premise to put someone somewhere and if I learn something that confirms or denies that idea then I change my predictions accordingly.

53 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I'd prefer hernandez to ragnow but its solid for the jags.

Cool. Hernandez seems like a good prospect with some experience snapping at center but his size is why I hesitate to put him over Ragnow who played both positions against strong competition well, (LG better than C), and is larger overall.

5 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Blaine Gabbert and a trade up for Josh Rosen?? We need O-Line bad....big no on this

Well is AJ McCarron better to you? I realize offensive line is a need, probably more than QB, but the I've seen links of Teddy Bridgewater, Kirk Cousins, AJ McCarron to the Broncos and trading block for Trevor Siemian so far. For the draft, Vance Joseph said at the combine that Josh Rosen is "a really good player". The Broncos seem like they are making quarterback their first priority. I believe with the way free agents will land, and with how the Broncos have been somewhat conservative in free agency under John Elway, we'll see the Broncos choose or be left with choosing the draft route for finding their guy in Josh Rosen and in order to do that they will most likely trade up which will require draft stock this year or heavily from the future.

9 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

It seems we both we a little convinced by each others arguments because I thought about it and figured Bennett was expensive at his age. However, it does seem to me like they should be able to get some value in a trade for Bennett and your trade scenario seems to work.

I do not change things in my mock draft unless I become convinced they will happen. I believe in my predictions for teams pretty strongly, but my knowledge changes and expands by the day. I start with a premise to put someone somewhere and if I learn something that confirms or denies that idea then I change my predictions accordingly.

Thats whats up bro thats the sign of a dang good mocker when you stand by your guys you like but are also willing to debate and be open to improving it if someone makes sense and knows their team well enough to show you what might be better.  Keep the mocks coming and i look forward to discussing them with you alot more every year :D

13 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Cool. Hernandez seems like a good prospect with some experience snapping at center but his size is why I hesitate to put him over Ragnow who played both positions against strong competition well, (LG better than C), and is larger overall.

6 foot 2 327 pounds isn't big enough? Imo jags don't need a center because we have an arguable top 10 center in Brandon Linder.

Your gonna knock Hernandez cuz he played against smaller competition but don't forget the fact he's been a 2× all-american. Lets not forget he showed out when he played bigger teams like Oklahoma.   He's big enough, athletic, strong and pretty nasty. 

13 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

6 foot 2 327 pounds isn't big enough? Imo jags don't need a center because we have an arguable top 10 center in Brandon Linder.

Your gonna knock Hernandez cuz he played against smaller competition but don't forget the fact he's been a 2× all-american. Lets not forget he showed out when he played bigger teams like Oklahoma.   He's big enough, athletic, strong and pretty nasty. 

I think he is just as good a pick as Ragnow because both can play LG and C. Ragnow is just bigger and played consistently against stronger competition. I think the two are interchangeable for the Jags at 29. I could see Coughlin going for Hernandez because he reminds him of Chris Snee, (LG with Giants before), or going with Ragnow because he is consistent and big, (which the Giants tended to prefer under Coughlin).

This would be a disaster offseason for the redskins. Already a pick down, we trade another for the expensive talib. Then we reach on a QB and get a RB when two others that are probably better go later. Meh. 

edit: plus we sit out of FA?

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This would be a disaster offseason for the redskins. Already a pick down, we trade another for the expensive talib. Then we reach on a QB and get a RB when two others that are probably better go later. Meh. 

edit: plus we sit out of FA?

Trent Murphy, Spencer Long, Dontari Poe is a big one, Zach Brown, Aqid Talib

Archived