03/10/18 Update: 3-Round Mock Draft (with Trades & Free Agency)

DoleINGout

1 minute ago, BrownsDog23 said:

As I’ve said before taking a RB is TERRIBLE positional value, Chubb would be a luxury pick as the Browns already have two good young DEs.

And yes your first sentence is the biggest read why IMO that this is worst scenario I’ve seen. In the 17 plus years that the Browns have been back they haven’t had anything close to a franchise QB and now have the #1 pick in a draft where thier are 3 guys who have the potential to change that. The Browns walking away from this draft with none of them would be a epic fail 

The Browns have their first competent quarterback in those 17 plus years. Tyrod Taylor was just the resilient quarterback of the Buffalo Bills who made the playoffs for the first time in 17 plus years. The Browns have their quarterback for two or three years, (if they decide not to pick one up in the top 4 this year). Barkley will be the first overall pick, regardless of our opinions on positional value. The Browns picking Chubb potentially makes the Browns an upper echelon defense. As soon as Danny Shelton was traded, people mentioned Emmanuel Ogbah moving inside. I think you're being too sensitive to the needs at quarterback this year, (especially now that Taylor is there), and it's clouded your judgement.

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

The Browns have their first competent quarterback in those 17 plus years. Tyrod Taylor was just the resilient quarterback of the Buffalo Bills who made the playoffs for the first time in 17 plus years. The Browns have their quarterback for two or three years, (if they decide not to pick one up in the top 4 this year). Barkley will be the first overall pick, regardless of our opinions on positional value. The Browns picking Chubb potentially makes the Browns an upper echelon defense. As soon as Danny Shelton was traded, people mentioned Emmanuel Ogbah moving inside. I think you're being too sensitive to the needs at quarterback this year, (especially now that Taylor is there), and it's clouded your judgement.

It’s not just my opinion our GM John Dorsey has a history of not putting significant value into the RB position, he’s never been part of a team that drafted a RB in the 1st round so i doubt he’s going to take 1 without the 1st pick in the draft. Also I think your missing the big picture here. The are prime position to land a franchise QB and to throw away that opportunity to be a mediocre team 7 to 9 win teamfor the next couple of seasons makes no sense to me. 

Again considering thier history and the position the position they’re in any scenario where the Browns don’t land a potential franchise QB is a failure IMO

12 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

@BrownsDog23 I'm not saying you're wrong about the quarterback. I just think you're being too harsh on the chances of the team being really competitive with their alternative options at 4, (to picking a QB). I think it is close-minded to call this projected off-season the worst.

What is your idea of being really competitive, because the way I see it in your scenario the Browns win anywhere from 5 to 9 games, don’t make the playoffs, and when next years draft comes around they won’t be in position to land a potential franchise QB without giving up tons of draft capital to move up.

Id rather be bad next season and have a potential franchise QB on the bench being groomed to take over the next season 

4 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

It’s not just my opinion our GM John Dorsey has a history of not putting significant value into the RB position, he’s never been part of a team that drafted a RB in the 1st round so i doubt he’s going to take 1 without the 1st pick in the draft. Also I think your missing the big picture here. The are prime position to land a franchise QB and to throw away that opportunity to be a mediocre team 7 to 9 win teamfor the next couple of seasons makes no sense to me. 

Again considering thier history and the position the position they’re in any scenario where the Browns don’t land a potential franchise QB is a failure IMO

Fair enough, I'm not saying you're wrong by any means. I would be surprised at this point if Barkley isn't the first overall pick. I disagree that it is a failure to turn around from 1-31 the last two seasons to win 8, 9, 10 games the next three seasons.

11 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

What is your idea of being really competitive, because the way I see it in your scenario the Browns win anywhere from 5 to 9 games, don’t make the playoffs, and when next years draft comes around they won’t be in position to land a potential franchise QB without giving up tons of draft capital to move up.

Id rather be bad next season and have a potential franchise QB on the bench being groomed to take over the next season 

The rest of the team would be stacked which to me is the bigger picure, not just one position, (QB). The Browns can afford to invest draft capital into a future quarterback to be groomed when the rest of the team, (even the starter Tyrod Taylor at quarterback), are set. This years prospects aren't looking like any Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wentz level prospects to me.

My one caveat is that Baker Mayfield would be the pick at quarterback for Cleveland. If he's there at 4, they'd take him, but I'm pretty sure the Bills are loaded to trade up for a QB, (their guy Sam Darnold), and the Jets are primed to select a QB at 6. With those two AFC East teams going for a qyarterback high, I think the Dolphins will trade up to 2 or 3 to get their guy Baker Mayfield. But if that doesn't happen and Mayfield sits at 4, he will be the pick.

edit: And to me the Browns with this roster assembled is a playoff contender starting this season because the AFC North looks vulnerable. Once in the playoffs in the AFC, it is anybodies guess what will happen with a great defense, (a la 2017 Jaguars), and a fading Patriots team.

17 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

*NYG trade pick 2 to BUF for picks 21, 22, 121, Cordy Glenn & 2019 1st Round Pick

Still terrible value for the Giants. 2600=2052+Glenn? That’s treating Glenn as a high second.for a player that’s has played less than 50% of the games past 2 seasons. A cap number of 14M? Where are the Giants getting all this money?

As a Giants fan, I'm not a fan of the trade you made.  Value just isn't there. Another round of firing would be in order.

Scrolling down the list at all the names that we passed up and then landed a rb and a qb at 21 / 22 when we could of had the top player at those positions in the 2nd.  Just doesn't make sense.

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

No guarentee anymore with Tyrod Taylor I think.

I disagree, it was always inevitable that the Browns would be looking for a QB by trade or as a free agent, it was also necessary for them to secure a QB with one of their high picks.  This was known well before the trades.  The only difference is the age of the QB they've secured and frankly I don't view him as the long term starter that they're looking for. 

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Still terrible value for the Giants. 2600=2052+Glenn? That’s treating Glenn as a high second.for a player that’s has played less than 50% of the games past 2 seasons. A cap number of 14M? Where are the Giants getting all this money?

55 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

As a Giants fan, I'm not a fan of the trade you made.  Value just isn't there. Another round of firing would be in order.

Scrolling down the list at all the names that we passed up and then landed a rb and a qb at 21 / 22 when we could of had the top player at those positions in the 2nd.  Just doesn't make sense.

Good feedback. I thought that adding Glenn to the deal with pick 53 would be giving too much up. Originally there was a second, so I'll add that back in. The value is there for Buffalo to give I just didn't put the offer up that should be there.

27 minutes ago, The OUTLAW said:

I disagree, it was always inevitable that the Browns would be looking for a QB by trade or as a free agent, it was also necessary for them to secure a QB with one of their high picks.  This was known well before the trades.  The only difference is the age of the QB they've secured and frankly I don't view him as the long term starter that they're looking for. 

I agree it was inevitable the Browns would look for a bridge QB, good point, but Taylor is a little better than that.

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Good feedback. I thought that adding Glenn to the deal with pick 53 would be giving too much up. Originally there was a second, so I'll add that back in. The value is there for Buffalo to give I just didn't put the offer up that should be there.

I believe the Giants can’t do that trade without at least both first, both seconds, and next years first. It’s too big of a fall. Glenn has very little trade value especially for the Giants with his injuries and cap hit.

Archived