03/10/18 Update: 3-Round Mock Draft (with Trades & Free Agency)

DoleINGout

9 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Makes sense and thank you for taking it into consideration and im not fully against Gabriel being back as i know we need depth i just hope he can do better than he did last year for us.  The main reason i said Gabriel to san fran is Shannahan has brought gabriel in every place he has went so far with the browns and the Falcons and he has showed out every time under Shanny. But as said if he can somehow figure something out here he is a solid player that we could def. use at the WR position.

What was your thoughts on Poe though why would he be taking such a downgrade on Pay compared to what we gave him last year at 8 mil on a 1 year deal.  From what the talk is around here from i guess you would say inside analysts the Falcons might not be able to keep him because him and his agent are wanting like 11 to 12 a year.  While the Falcons are hoping to resign him at around 8 again for 3 or 4 years but saying we prob. can't get him for that which means he ends up walking to a team offering 11 to 12 which would suck because some team can pay that easier than us and he done well here :(

I've read or beard the same general thing at some point about Poe seeking a mega deal. Essentially the Falcons gave him the platform to showcase his skillset more so he could retain a long term contract that he wanted in 2017. I would be surprised if he gets close to what he was offering but as has been discussed elsewhere in this thread relating to the contracts I put up, my numbers were derived from research I did using Sportrac. I may have added up the annuals wrong on Poe but it seemed like he had a slightly above average year and wants to earn like Suh or Gerald McCoy.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

The Browns will likely throw a significant amount of money around in free agency.

I think we target at QB (McCarron/Cousins)

I think we target at WR (Landry/Robinson)

I think we target 2 DB's (Butler/Fuller/Amukamara/Colvin/Trumaine/Gaines)

I love the idea of having depth on your DL, but we have too much right now on the interior. We could use a 3rd pass rusher in here (Ansah, Ford?), but that's not a burning need that I expect us to address in free agency. I guarantee you we won't bring in an interior defensive lineman in here.

Draft picks were fine considering what we acquired in FA (Cousins), but I don't like Fitzpatrick that much. Given the board, he'd be a fine selection. If we get Cousins, I'd like to move both of those 1st round picks back a little bit and see what we can get, but trades are impossible to predict so it's fine.

Side note: I find it interesting you neglected to include Malcolm Butler in your list of defensive backs. I'll take yours and the other Browns fans word on the interior defensive line. I updated that to have Richardson going to Minnesota instead.

I think that it's ideal for any team to get more picks be receiving full value from trading down. The trouble is in finding a team that actually wants to trade up. I'm not sure who would in my mock draft. Fitzpatrick is project to go pretty high at fourth overall but it seems like he is a safe pick in the secondary. Regardless, the Browns would look a lot better with all of those additions on paper.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Side note: I find it interesting you neglected to include Malcolm Butler in your list of defensive backs. I'll take yours and the other Browns fans word on the interior defensive line. I updated that to have Richardson going to Minnesota instead.

I think that it's ideal for any team to get more picks be receiving full value from trading down. The trouble is in finding a team that actually wants to trade up. I'm not sure who would in my mock draft. Fitzpatrick is project to go pretty high at fourth overall but it seems like he is a safe pick in the secondary. Regardless, the Browns would look a lot better with all of those additions on paper.

Butler is literally the first guy I put on the list of DB's.

And there will be a million teams trying to trade up this year given that there are 4 QB's that are seemingly top tier QB prospects. The Jets, Broncos, Cardinals, Dolphins, Cardinals, Ravens, and Bills could all make a move to get up into the top 5 and take a quarterback. Kirk Cousins can only go to one of these teams and I'd be willing to bet the others are going to try and trade up. Plus there are teams with old QB's that might try and make a move like the Saints and Steelers. If there was ever a year where teams will try and trade up, it's this year.

That being said, projecting trades in mock drafts are annoying.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is solid, but he doesn't do anything so well that it warrants a top 5 pick in my opinion. He's more of a 10-20 range guy.

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

Why would Bell accept less money from NE than he was offered in Pittsburgh?  Does not make sense.  Why wouldn't SF throw $15M per year at him if he is a FA?  Or the Jets or Cleveland?

I think Bell wants to win the Super Bowl given his somewhat sarcastic comments about the Jets not offering him enough to play there; not enough in terms of money or talent around him. SF, Cleveland and teams with a lot of cap space I think will find plenty of other players to spend on that won't need tobe courted as much as Bell will have to be to go somewhere that hasn't won a lot of games.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Butler is literally the first guy I put on the list of DB's.

And there will be a million teams trying to trade up this year given that there are 4 QB's that are seemingly top tier QB prospects. The Jets, Broncos, Cardinals, Dolphins, Cardinals, Ravens, and Bills could all make a move to get up into the top 5 and take a quarterback. Kirk Cousins can only go to one of these teams and I'd be willing to bet the others are going to try and trade up. Plus there are teams with old QB's that might try and make a move like the Saints and Steelers. If there was ever a year where teams will try and trade up, it's this year.

That being said, projecting trades in mock drafts are annoying.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is solid, but he doesn't do anything so well that it warrants a top 5 pick in my opinion. He's more of a 10-20 range guy.

My bad, I skimmed over Butler for some reason, must have thought I read Johnson's name since be is usually at the top of CB lists this year. That makes more sense though, Butler could definitely fit in there. I had him going there but then changed it last minute and sent him to SF. I agree about mock trades being annoying. They can be fun but I figured that there have already been a few trades from last year affecting the first round this year so it would maybe decrease the liklihood. I think that thereis incentive to trade up for a QB but there's not consensus of the order or who if any are even clearly better than the rest so I think if the veterans sign where I have them going, those teams picking in the top 6 will be pretty much content with the guy who falls to them.

26 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think Bell wants to win the Super Bowl given his somewhat sarcastic comments about the Jets not offering him enough to play there; not enough in terms of money or talent around him. SF, Cleveland and teams with a lot of cap space I think will find plenty of other players to spend on that won't need tobe courted as much as Bell will have to be to go somewhere that hasn't won a lot of games.

You are saying that he turns down more money, even at Pittsburgh? Why would you think that?  He wants $15M per year but is willing to take less?  Everything he has done makes it about money.  He will go to the highest paying team.  No one gets a discount with him.  

32 minutes ago, jebrick said:

You are saying that he turns down more money, even at Pittsburgh? Why would you think that?  He wants $15M per year but is willing to take less?  Everything he has done makes it about money.  He will go to the highest paying team.  No one gets a discount with him.  

I would be surprised if he goes to SF, Indy, New York, Cleveland. I think it's the Steelers or Patriots because the Patriots are always the favorites to play in the Super Bowl and the Steelers for obvious reasons.

Archived