03/10/18 Update: 3-Round Mock Draft (with Trades & Free Agency)

DoleINGout

15 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

1) Jags wont let Allen Robinson walk for nothing. u dont let 23 year old Number 1 wrs walk for nothing.  he will be at worst franchise tagged. 

2) the Jags wont sign Paul Richardson because there is no reason to sign Richardson who probably would cost the same as resigning lee.  

3) i get the idea of picking a Pass catching TE but im not entirely sure if hes worth the pick when we can Nab a Stud RT like McGlinchey or Orlando Brown and have a great Tackle Tandem for a few years at the least.   i dont think Coughlin values Pass Catching TEs very much especially ones who primarily were lined up as a WR vs being inline. the only real pass catching TE that i recall was shockey and he was there cuz he was drafted in 2002 and Coughlin got there in 2004. 

Jags could tag and trade or tag and not match but receive draft picks depending on the tat designation type. At the least they will get a compensatory pick next year if he signs elsewhere in free agency or somehow finds himself on a new team like I do here. In that case, Paul Richardson makes plenty of sense and is two years recovered from his ACL repair surgery. The Jaguars will find Richardson to be an upgrade over Lee and a safer investment than Allen Robinson in the next year at the least.

Towards the end of Tom Coughlin's run with the Giants, he began to use the tight end as a feature rather than as an afterthought. I think Andrews will greatly enhance the Jaguars offense by giving Bortles a reliable target. It deviates from what we would expect in a Coughlin overseen football team, however the Jaguars could really benefit by having Andrews and they really won't need to invest as much in a tackle where the impact wouldn't be as clear at this stage.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Jags could tag and trade or tag and not match but receive draft picks depending on the tat designation type. At the least they will get a compensatory pick next year if he signs elsewhere in free agency or somehow finds himself on a new team like I do here. In that case, Paul Richardson makes plenty of sense and is two years recovered from his ACL repair surgery. The Jaguars will find Richardson to be an upgrade over Lee and a safer investment than Allen Robinson in the next year at the least.

Towards the end of Tom Coughlin's run with the Giants, he began to use the tight end as a feature rather than as an afterthought. I think Andrews will greatly enhance the Jaguars offense by giving Bortles a reliable target. It deviates from what we would expect in a Coughlin overseen football team, however the Jaguars could really benefit by having Andrews and they really won't need to invest as much in a tackle where the impact wouldn't be as clear at this stage.

Giving the jags a TE but having them Significantly Downgrade the WR Corps(Allen Robinson is 5 times the WR Richardson is) makes 0 sense.  the Idea for the jags Offseason is to Add More weapons and improve the trenches not Let your Best WR By a Significant Margin walk or leave and sign Paul Richardson who is arguebly no better then our 2 Young WRs in Keelan Cole and Dede Westbrook. 

adding a WR whos been in the league 4 years and has still yet to cross 50 Catches in a season makes 0 Sense.  

You want the jags offense to be Enhanced how about Keeping their Best WR, we've had since Jimmy Smith/Keenan McCardell(aka the 90s) whos very much in his prime.  adding a fully healed Arob to the jags offense(he was injured early week 1) would enhance the jags offense.   the jags have the Cap Space to keep him.  the jags certainly dont have a Player that can replace A-ROB on offense.  

i think giving Bortles and Fournette a Stud Linemen(keep in mind our LG and RG are very meh and our RT is turning 33) will help more short-term and long-term when we can add a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round like a Gesicki, Hurst, Thomas, Shultz, Goedert, Fumagali ect.....

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

Giving the jags a TE but having them Significantly Downgrade the WR Corps(Allen Robinson is 5 times the WR Richardson is) makes 0 sense.  the Idea for the jags Offseason is to Add More weapons and improve the trenches not Let your Best WR By a Significant Margin walk or leave and sign Paul Richardson who is arguebly no better then our 2 Young WRs in Keelan Cole and Dede Westbrook. 

adding a WR whos been in the league 4 years and has still yet to cross 50 Catches in a season makes 0 Sense.  

You want the jags offense to be Enhanced how about Keeping their Best WR, we've had since Jimmy Smith/Keenan McCardell(aka the 90s) whos very much in his prime.  adding a fully healed Arob to the jags offense(he was injured early week 1) would enhance the jags offense.   the jags have the Cap Space to keep him.  the jags certainly dont have a Player that can replace A-ROB on offense.  

i think giving Bortles and Fournette a Stud Linemen(keep in mind our LG and RG are very meh and our RT is turning 33) will help more short-term and long-term when we can add a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round like a Gesicki, Hurst, Thomas, Shultz, Goedert, Fumagali ect.....

McGlinchey would be a great pick at 29 and most other teams in the first round. Very well could get a tight end in the second round but I think Andrews is ready and helps right away and does improve the offense that has functioned without that dimension thus far. But I agree that McGlinchey is a can't miss pick. I go with my feelings though too and I think Andrews is something they wouldn't pass up at 29 unless someone else fell far they wanted.

Robinson is very young and there is a good chance he is back. However, in the first year recovering from an ACL tear the player is usually not 100%. It's usually in the second year you see a guy return to form. The ONLY exception I can think of has been Adrian Peterson. And then since that triumphant return he slowed down and hasn't aged well since. Robinson I would bet is okay this season but because he digs in so hard and uses a lot of lower body strength between routes and YAC I think he will be affected by it during some stretch of the regular season. Richarson is an improvement over Lee and in 2017, Robinson was out all year like you said so actually, the offense would theoretically be enhanced by adding a better receiver than Lee and a great security blanet at tight end in Mark Andrews.

Dude this draft is the falcons worst nightmare after the edit.  

N. Fairley, Falcons    This dude might not even be in the nfl next year and his heart condition is down right frightening.  He missed the entire 2017 because of it and i wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole right now.  

Then we take a WR in round 1 over a DT or OG which is our 2 biggest needs this entire offseason.   Theirs no way Thomas Dimitroff could mess up this upcoming offseason than making those 2 moves and not bringing back any of our good players.

Im seriously interested in trying to understand why the Falcons would pass on any of

30. M. Hurst - DT, MIN

31. M. McGlinchey - OT, NE

Taven Bryan or Isaiah Wynn    when we realistically didn't address any of those positions in FA over a #3 or 4 wr?

5 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Dude this draft is the falcons worst nightmare after the edit.  

N. Fairley, Falcons    This dude might not even be in the nfl next year and his heart condition is down right frightening.  He missed the entire 2017 because of it and i wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole right now.  

Then we take a WR in round 1 over a DT or OG which is our 2 biggest needs this entire offseason.   Theirs no way Thomas Dimitroff could mess up this upcoming offseason than making those 2 moves and not bringing back any of our good players.

Im seriously interested in trying to understand why the Falcons would pass on any of

30. M. Hurst - DT, MIN

31. M. McGlinchey - OT, NE

Taven Bryan or Isaiah Wynn    when we realistically didn't address any of those positions in FA over a #3 or 4 wr?

Fair criticisms. I don't know if McGlinchey fills the need at OG or Bryan as a run defender at DT but Hurst and Wynn make a lot of sense. I think initially Hurst was the pick I settled on and then I remembered thinking someone said the Falcons needed Nnadi, Hill or a run stopper which I figured could be had in the second round easily as opposed to a playmaker on offense to take pressure off Julio. I'd probably mock pick Wynn to ATL instead of Washington.

Fixed it to make Wynn the pick and Beau Allen the signing at DT instead of Nick Fairley -- another option I had strongly considered. Allen is good enough to start, looking to get into a small rotation where he can play a majority of snaps since signing with the Eagles last year, and has the aggressive mentality to fit in with the defensive coaching in ATL. Great under the radar Dimitrov signing IMO. Meanwhile, Wynn can play tackle or slide in to guard most likely if need be.

Bryan would be my 1st choice because we also need a SDE/DT  Thats one of our bigger needs as well because we are losing Adrian Clayborne this year also to free agency.  Who was our sack leader last year and main run defender at DE. Although 6 of his 9.5 Sacks came in 1 game against the cowboys.   You will see Taven Bryan in ALOT of Falcons fans personal mocks.   Still even though i don't like going OG in the 1st over a DT it's not a bad pick and one i could see in the real draft and Wynn is a solid player in general.    Beau Allen is a young solid player and a good player to add to the rotation i would say.   No complaints with him at all and is a very nice pickup we can probably get for cheap leaving us money to use elsewhere also.  

I would look at a player like B.J. Hill in round 3 if there as well to add to the DT rotation that would be a nice grab.   Overall though those 2 are a much better duo than the 2 we had and i appreciate you taking the time to listen to the criticism and debate on it. 

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Bryan would be my 1st choice because we also need a SDE/DT  Thats one of our bigger needs as well because we are losing Adrian Clayborne this year also to free agency.  Who was our sack leader last year and main run defender at DE. Although 6 of his 9.5 Sacks came in 1 game against the cowboys.   You will see Taven Bryan in ALOT of Falcons fans personal mocks.   Still even though i don't like going OG in the 1st over a DT it's not a bad pick and one i could see in the real draft and Wynn is a solid player in general.    Beau Allen is a young solid player and a good player to add to the rotation i would say.   No complaints with him at all and is a very nice pickup we can probably get for cheap leaving us money to use elsewhere also.  

I would look at a player like B.J. Hill in round 3 if there as well to add to the DT rotation that would be a nice grab.   Overall though those 2 are a much better duo than the 2 we had and i appreciate you taking the time to listen to the criticism and debate on it. 

How do you think Jake Matthews figures into the future plans of Atlanta if Isaiah Wynn is the selection?

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

How do you think Jake Matthews figures into the future plans of Atlanta if Isaiah Wynn is the selection?

Would have no factor in it at all because Wynn isn't a OT at the next level :)    We would be taking Wynn to be our OG at RG and complete our O-line.  

8 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Why does he belong in Cleveland? Unless he just wants him to slip to the second round which is possible...

His dad played there.  Don;'t know if you remember or are too young to remember, but his dad is the guy that got hit by the penalty flag in the eye and had to have surgery.  They stopped using BBs to weigh them after that.

8 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

His dad played there.  Don;'t know if you remember or are too young to remember, but his dad is the guy that got hit by the penalty flag in the eye and had to have surgery.  They stopped using BBs to weigh them after that.

Oh yeah, that rings a bell. I must have seen it on NFL films.

Archived