Badgers0821 1st 2018 Mock (1 Round)

badgers0821

Like the trade for the 49ers, but the pick is sort of meh. People are of the opinion that we need a receiver much more than I think is the case. Goodwin was very, very good last year, and Garcon is still on the roster and was playing at a high level before we IR'd him just for the heck of it. Trent Taylor is good in the slot. It's just not a position we will put that kind of importance on given how bad the cornerback, pass rushing, and interior line situation is. I do think that we will add a receiver, but I think we are looking more at a depth type target more so than a premiere player. 

Hernandez / Wynn, Key / Davenport / Landry, Evans all would probably make more sense in the immediate future. 

On February 22, 2018 at 12:47 PM, Forge said:

Like the trade for the 49ers, but the pick is sort of meh. People are of the opinion that we need a receiver much more than I think is the case. Goodwin was very, very good last year, and Garcon is still on the roster and was playing at a high level before we IR'd him just for the heck of it. Trent Taylor is good in the slot. It's just not a position we will put that kind of importance on given how bad the cornerback, pass rushing, and interior line situation is. I do think that we will add a receiver, but I think we are looking more at a depth type target more so than a premiere player. 

Hernandez / Wynn, Key / Davenport / Landry, Evans all would probably make more sense in the immediate future. 

I understand where you are coming from but at some point they will have to put some weapons around Garapollo.  Although Goodwin played well stat-wise he is not even a "good" WR by NFL standards, Kittle was their best weapon and he is really just above average.  It's unrealistic to think they can score consistently on offense with what they have.  Now if they go out and sign a few guys that would change things.

4 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

I understand where you are coming from but at some point they will have to put some weapons around Garapollo.  Although Goodwin played well stat-wise he is not even a "good" WR by NFL standards, Kittle was their best weapon and he is really just above average.  It's unrealistic to think they can score consistently on offense with what they have.  Now if they go out and sign a few guys that would change things.

He actually was pretty good last year. Not a world beater, but good, even by NFL standards. He has going up against teams top corners after Garcon went down, and that's when he did his most damage. I think he's a fine 2. Wide receiver just isn't dire enough at this point. It could be upgraded for sure, I just don't think it's a priority. The corner situation is atrocious. The linebacker position is kind of  ugly  without foster. Pass rush is really bad. We need something at running back.

And kittle really wasn't the best weapon. He was fine, but a lot of niner fans were actually disappointed and don't think he'll be much more than a nice piece. 

Honestly, I'm expecting defense again this year early on. I think shanny will grab an rb somewhere, maybe a depth receiver, but I think he's going to trust his scheme to put up points. Nothing to support that, of course, just my own opinion

Archived