Padres sign 1B Eric Hosmer

flyguy1609

10 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

in all seriousness, what is he? is he a 3 win player like he has been half his career, or is he almost a  negative win player like hes been the other half?

IMO somewhere in between. If they wanted to give him a short term deal to see if he potentially is a late bloomer, sure but man 8 years in that park. Sheesh.

29 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

in all seriousness, what is he? is he a 3 win player like he has been half his career, or is he almost a  negative win player like hes been the other half?

If he's a 3 win player than this is probably market... high end of market.  If he's a negative win player is a massive overpay.  But instead of him getting something in between he got the high end of the market for a team that doesn't really need him and wont contend.  Say what you will about Boras but he does his job.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

IMO somewhere in between. If they wanted to give him a short term deal to see if he potentially is a late bloomer, sure but man 8 years in that park. Sheesh.

if im not mistaken, petco is going to play a little better for him than kauffman.

10 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

He's a statcast darling who needs to get the ball in the air more.

I'm skeptical about a guy who's already netted 8 figures in his career and has 7 years MLB experience being super willing to change the approach that got him here. But I don't know him and the Padres do.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's a statcast darling who needs to get the ball in the air more.

I'm skeptical about a guy who's already netted 8 figures in his career and has 7 years MLB experience being super willing to change the approach that got him here. But I don't know him and the Padres do.

That's a tremendous understatement.

Archived