Pre-Combine Mock

Armsteeld2

29 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

@Steeler Hitman Hercules game tapes are like highlight tapes.  Dude is super disruptive.

So why do you have him projected as a fifth round pick? Is he an unknown or was he hurt something? It seems like he should be projected to go higher. He has my interest based on what you are saying.  Just curious though.

1 hour ago, Steeler Hitman said:

So why do you have him projected as a fifth round pick? Is he an unknown or was he hurt something? It seems like he should be projected to go higher. He has my interest based on what you are saying.  Just curious though.

Hercules will be gone before the 4th round.  He played DT but will have to move to DE or off ball LB.  Since he is so good at taking on OL, I feel he can be really good at rushing the passer.  As stated earlier, his combine and pro day numbers could elevate him to the 1st round.  In my mock, I honestly cheated *blushing*

I feel the Steelers won’t go all defense 1st 3 rounds...even though the defense needs it. 

Whether it’s a RT project to take over for Gilbert in year or 2...another WR...a RB if they let go of Bell...or even a OG project to replace Foster next year.

Like your picks though...liking Elliot the more I read on him,

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I feel the Steelers won’t go all defense 1st 3 rounds...even though the defense needs it. 

Whether it’s a RT project to take over for Gilbert in year or 2...another WR...a RB if they let go of Bell...or even a OG project to replace Foster next year.

Like your picks though...liking Elliot the more I read on him,

Regarding a RT or G, we still are developing Jerald Hawkins and Matt Feiler.  I love me some Hawkins but he hasn't impressed me yet.  Feiler showed some promise last year at G.

37 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Regarding a RT or G, we still are developing Jerald Hawkins and Matt Feiler.  I love me some Hawkins but he hasn't impressed me yet.  Feiler showed some promise last year at G.

Oh I’m aware of them but just don’t know the staff feels about Hawkins...I know Finney is FA next year as well...should be interesting.

I'd love the first three picks. Still be pretty happy after four.

Just my opinion, but your other picks I think could all be UDFAs (except maybe M.Carter, who I really like).

I think we need another corner. And an outside receiver.

Still, I like the double dips at LB and S.

Archived