Who are your top 5 prospects in the 2018 NFL Draft?

VanS

This is not who you think will go top 5 or even who should go in top 5 based on team needs.  Plain and simple, when we look back at this draft 5 years from now, who will be the 5 best football players? 

Here are my top 5 players in the 2018 NFL Draft:

1. RB Saquon Barkley (Penn St.) - best RB prospect I've ever seen.....reminds me of Fred Taylor with a thicker lower body and more elusiveness
  2. QB Josh Allen (Wyoming) - most physically gifted QB prospect I've ever seen....reminds me of Dan Marino with mobility
  3. WR Antonio Callaway (Florida) - one of the 5 best WR prospects I've seen in the last 10 years....reminds me of late 80s/early 90s superstar Sterling Sharpe
  4. CB Minkah Fitzpatrick (Alabama) - might be the best player Nick Saban has ever coached.....ball-hawk who can also tackle.....reminds me of Rod Woodson
  5. QB Lamar Jackson (Louisville) - arguably the best running QB ever with pretty impressive skills as a passer....reminds me of a taller Michael Vick

Honorable mention:  LB Leighton Vander Esch (Boise St.), S Derwin James (Florida St.), DE Bradley Chubb (NC State)

1. Quinton Nelson OG

2. Saquon Barkley RB

3. Denzel Ward CB

4. Derwin James S

5. Vita Vea NT

*I don't factor in positional importance, thus, no QB's.

With positional importance factored in?

1. Josh Rosen QB

2. Sam Darnold QB

3. Saquon Barkley RB

4. Denzel Ward CB

5. Derwin James FS

7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

All your prospects are generational? Seems excessive.

The talent in this year's draft is amazing.  I believe it'll go down as one of the best in NFL history.  So the top 5 players being generational seems appropriate. 

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

1. Quinton Nelson OG

2. Saquon Barkley RB

3. Denzel Ward CB

4. Derwin James S

5. Vita Vea NT

*I don't factor in positional importance, thus, no QB's.

With positional importance factored in?

1. Josh Rosen QB

2. Sam Darnold QB

3. Saquon Barkley RB

4. Denzel Ward CB

5. Derwin James FS

I just don't see what is special about Denzel Ward.  He's slight of build.  Not a lot of ball production in the way of INTs.  And I don't see elite instincts.

I agree with the rest of the guys you posted.  They all jump off the screen when I watch them play.  Ward simply doesn't.

26 minutes ago, VanS said:

I just don't see what is special about Denzel Ward.  He's slight of build.  Not a lot of ball production in the way of INTs.  And I don't see elite instincts.

I agree with the rest of the guys you posted.  They all jump off the screen when I watch them play.  Ward simply doesn't.

Elite man coverage skills. Plays press man coverage and doesn't give up an inch. Extreme polish for a cornerback. Elite speed and agility. He doesn't have a lot of ball production because he doesn't get targeted very often. Ball production is the most overrated stat in the universe. It's dependant on the QB making a terrible decision. Some of the best corners in NFL history didn't have ball production. He's definitely small, but it didn't really hurt him in college, even when he went up against really big WR's. It's rare to find a collegiate cornerback that plays press man. It's even more rare to find one that is so damn good at it. Plus he's much more physical than most cornerbacks.

1. SaQuon Barkley
2. Quinton Nelson

Those are the only two clear cut, then you have a variety of players on the defensive side of the ball in the mix.

Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Bradley Chubb, Vita Vea, and RoQuan Smith

I think the QBs are once again being overdrafted.

20 minutes ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

1. Saquon Barkley

2. Antonio Callaway

3. Jaire Alexander

4. Tremaine Edmunds

5. Quenton Nelson

Derwin James as honorable mention.

You don't know how happy it makes me to see someone else as high on Antonio Callaway as I am.

Just love his game.

Might have to change my own top 5 rankings cause I only recently started watching Leighton Vander Esch and he's flying up my rankings.  He looks like a special player.  Definitely a top 10 talent in the 2018 draft.

1 Saquon

2 Chubb

3 Edmunds (Based mostly on upside)

4 Nelson (I just can't justify an OG in the top 3, but I'll put him #4 because it's a coin flip after Saquon and Chubb)

5 Whoever ends up being my #1 CB

Basically a crap shoot after the top 2. Nelson is dope, but he's an OG. Townsend is probably the best punter prospect I've scouted (right there with Bryan Anger), but I'm not gonna put him in my top 5 simply because he's a punter. That's why I have Edmunds higher than Nelson, even though Nelson is a much better player. The Cowboys have the best OG in the NFL and still can't make the playoffs. If they had Sean Lee for 16 games, they probably could. That's my reasoning for Edmunds > Nelson. It's a deep draft, but not top heavy at all, unless you like these QB's, and I don't.

8 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

1.Rashaan Evans

2.Ronnie Harrison

3.Minkah Fitzpatrick

4.Anthony Miller

5.Mike Hughes

This is insane. And I like all 5 of those guys...but this is crazy. You should watch college football. It'd help you make the evaluating of the prospects easier.

17 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

So Derwin James is a freakier athlete than Byron Jones?

Yup.

Archived