• Da'Ron Payne [ DT ] Alabama
    • Lamar Jackson [ QB ] Louisville
    • Josh Allen [ QB ] Wyoming
    • Josh Jackson [ CB ] Iowa
    • Isaiah Wynn [ G/T ] Georgia
    • Rashaan Evans [ ILB ] Alabama
    • Taven Bryan [ DT ] Florida

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/19/2018 at 09:24 PM

PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR VOTING:

• Each poll will last 24 hours 
  • There are two polls, one to cast your first choice, one to cast your second preference
  • The player with the most votes from BOTH polls, will be declared the pick
  • There will be no run-offs
  • If you vote for the same player in both polls, your vote(s) will be disqualified

Before complaining about poll options, refer to this thread:-

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/7055-consensus-mock-rules-and-feedback-thread/

Dolphins Needs from https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-nfl-team-needs-041500466--spt.html

Offensive Line: Laremy Tunsil surprisingly struggled in his transition from guard to left tackle. Injuries cost RT Ja’Wuan James 17 games over the past three seasons. James is now entering a contract year. Both guard positions are perennial liabilities in Miami, and nothing changed there in 2017. 

Pass Catcher: One hallmark of coach Adam Gase’s offense is a mismatch-creating pass-catching tight end, a role Julius Thomas so unsuccessfully filled last season that he is considered a lock to be released. The Dolphins’ need for a chain-moving presence is enhanced by Jarvis Landry’s potential free-agent exit, although the team seems high on Jakeem Grant as a slot receiver prospect. Jimmy Graham, Trey Burton, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, and Tyler Eifert are the top tight ends on the free-agent market. 

Quarterback: I could have gone a number of ways here. Cornerback help, a running back to pair with Kenyan Drake, and defensive line reinforcements should be included on EVP Mike Tannenbaum’s to-do list. Quarterback is the most important position in pro sports, however, and Miami’s quarterback future is murky. Both Jay Cutler and Matt Moore are free agents, and neither is a short- or long-term solution. How will Ryan Tannehill’s knee bounce back after he missed all of 2017? Unless they have the utmost confidence in Tannehill, a quarterback should be in play at the Dolphins’ No. 11 overall pick. 

Results:-

1.Cleveland - Sam Darnold [QB] USC

2.NY Giants - Josh Rosen [QB] UCLA

3.Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb [DE] NC State

4.Cleveland(From Houston) - Saquon Barkley [RB] Penn St.

5.Denver - Quenton Nelson [OG] Notre Dame

6.NY Jets - Baker Mayfield [ QB ] Oklahoma

7.Tampa Bay - Minkah Fitzpatrick [ FS ] Alabama

8.Chicago - Denzel Ward [ CB ] Ohio St.

9.San Francisco - Tremaine Edmunds [ ILB ] Va. Tech

10.Oakland - Roquan Smith [ ILB ] Georgia

11.Miami

12.Cincinnati

13.Washington

14.Green Bay

15.Arizona

16.Baltimore

17.LA Chargers

18.Seattle

19.Dallas

20.Detroit

21.Buffalo

22.Buffalo

23.LA Rams

24.Carolina

25.Tennessee

26.Atlanta

27.New Orleans

28.Pittsburgh

29.Jacksonville

30.Minnesota

31.New England

32.Philadelphia

Yikes this is a nightmare for Miami.

I went with Marcus Davenport. They need some young blood on that DL, as I expect Suh and Wake to be gone or at least significantly less productive than they've been. They got Charles Harris last year, but he's more of a pure finesse rusher. Adding Davenport gives them a nasty bull rusher opposite Harris.

Vita Vea was my next pick. Having Vea and Godchaux in the middle of that defense would be pretty nice.

It's a little too high for Rashaan Evans in my opinion.

Josh Jackson was considered, but I'd imagine they are going to prioritize youthing up their DL.

48 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yikes this is a nightmare for Miami.

Agreed, this is a bad spot for them. I went Wynn/Guice. Too early for Wynn but if they're sticking with Tannehill, they need to keep him upright and give him a running game. They could add another pass rushers in the 2nd/3rd round. Harris had some promising moments as a rookie.

Not a terrible spot for Miami, actually.

I picked Brown and Vea. I just picked the 2 I thought were least likely to bust.

If T. Bryan could play base 4-3 DE, I'd go with him.

Not sure if Davenport can set the edge.That's why I didn't pick him.

I went with Josh Allen. I think his upside is too great, and this makes a lot of sense. Tannehill has never inspired anything from me, and he's touching 30. Not sure why he's suddenly going to get better. They can get away from his contract pretty easily this off season and free up much needed room. Or they can keep him on a year, maybe build value in a trade and give Allen a year to sit and watch. Allen has his warts, but nobody can deny his potential, and pairing him with Gase could be huge in his development. The team has enough issues that prepping for the next run is maybe not the worst idea

3 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Thought about Derwin but theyre pretty set at safety.   Rashaan Evans would be nice, but probably a reach at this point.

I went with Derwin James. The Dolphins are set at SS with Reshad Jones but FS is another story. TJ McDonald is a way better SS than FS and he will be gone after 2018. James can play either spots. 

I like Evans, too, but I agree he is a better value in a trade down.

If Josh Allen is still on the board when Miami picks the first question in the room has to be: "Do we pick Allen?"

I would be one happy Dolphins fan if they answered yes and picked Allen.

Tannehill has been injured for a very long time and they had to give up 10 million for Cutler to try and salvage the season after Tannehill's reinjury. These 10 million might be the reason why Miami can't afford to resign one of their best draft picks of the new millenium and has to let Jarvis Landry walk this offseason. If you also consider the unfortunately real risk that Tannehill might get injured again or not come back as good as he used to be and the importance of backup quarterbacks in the last NFL season having a good backup qb could be vital for the Dolphin's next season.

I think that Allen should at least develop into a good backup qb. In addition to that with Tannehill coming back he has the chance to refine his game in the first, maybe also second season under Coach Gase's tutelage. After that - the Fins might have their hands on quite the qb. As an added bonus Allen was coached by the same coach as Wentz, for whom I do envy the Eagles a lot. So, if the football gods are kind enough to drop a exciting qb prospect in your lap, why not thank them and accept their gift?

---------------------------------------------------------------

In case the Dolphins say no to Allen I'd like them to pick Derwin James and move TJ McDonald to Linebacker to improve the coverage there.

Davenport would also be a good pick considering Cameron Wake's age.

Archived