What will happen when Mike Brown is gone?

Johnny Nix

I doubt there is relocation. She'll make herself team president but not GM. In theory there will be lots of inheritance taxes due which circumscribes how free spending we can be. I suspect Mike Brown has taken care of the tax problems via family trusts and taxes will only be due on distributions to family members. So my first guess is that the team will be better run and likely more successful with Mike Brown gone.

12 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I doubt there is relocation. She'll make herself team president but not GM. In theory there will be lots of inheritance taxes due which circumscribes how free spending we can be. I suspect Mike Brown has taken care of the tax problems via family trusts and taxes will only be due on distributions to family members. So my first guess is that the team will be better run and likely more successful with Mike Brown gone.

Minus some unforeseen event that ends with Mike's passing, I think he will simply pass it on to her, or sell it to her for $1.  That will avoid the tax stuff.

I doubt they leave.  Ever.  As long as the team stays under family control.

5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Minus some unforeseen event that ends with Mike's passing, I think he will simply pass it on to her, or sell it to her for $1.  That will avoid the tax stuff.

I don't think it's that simple.  But in any event, not really relevant the question.

I think the only change you might see is that someone like Duke Tobin would wear more of a GM title.  That's basically what he is now, it'll just come with the extra responsibility of doing staff changes (i.e. the head coach).  Then again, i could see Katie handle that too.

So, probably not much changes on the surface.

One thing i suspect will happen gradually is that the team will become a bit more "modern".  Some of the things Mike is known for being stingy on or reluctant to change on, i think Katie will change to some degree.  Nothing like FA spending, but more in terms of team/fan relations.

Archived