Should the Bills Trade Up For a QB?

bigbadbuff23835

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Could the Bills could make this move up in 2 separate steps ?

If either the Broncos or JETS land Cousins, then you target that team and trade the (2) Buffalo firsts to move up to either #5 or #6.

Now you have the right bait to attract one of the teams in the top 3 to get your QB.

The Cousins-winner is likely to be more willing to trade back than the non-Cousins winner and the Top 3 teams might view a move back to #5, # 6 more favorably than dropping all the way to 21+ 22 in round 1.

If Jets get Cousins the Bills would need to get to 4 because Denver is taking Rosen. 

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like someone once brewed up this brilliant idea before...

The internet would crash from all the memes

I would say no cuz youre not gonna be able to get Rosen or Darnold. I personally wouldnt touch Josh Allen, especially without a decent bridge QB so he can be developed for a lil while.

As a Steeler fan I say no. But I'm in the luxury of my favorite team having a QB so my mentality is different. For Buffalo, they have needed a QB for a very long time. It comes down to how confident they are about one of the top QBs and what it would cost them.  But even then this team needs a QB if they ever want to compete in their division. 

If they don't get one in FA, they need to get one in the draft and that SF pick is probably the best chance to do so.

I think they have to trade up; it's now or never imo and this is one of the deeper QB drafts in a while + next years isn't too great.

Scenario if they don't trade up / select a QB :

Pick a non QB with #20 and #21, sign a veteran QB to start, go 8-8, draft at 16th overall and either reach for a QB @ 16 or wait another full year to draft your guy. I don't see the new organization waiting until 2020 to draft their guy.

All rumors/signs point to interest in Josh Rosen but it depends if they're able to move up and get him.

Archived