Should the Bills Trade Up For a QB?

bigbadbuff23835

4 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Step 1: Get LaMar Jackson with he inevitably falls into the 2nd round because GM's view him as a Wide Receiver and not a QB

Step 2: Let him sit for a couple years behind Tyrod and learn the system while he bulks up and works on his mechanics

Step 3: Unleash the beast.

You really like inaccurate Qb’s lol.

I’d take the risk on Jackson in the second, not the first.

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

You really like inaccurate Qb’s lol.

I’d take the risk on Jackson in the second, not the first.

I also really like playmakers, and I'll take Jackson's inaccuracies as a passer with 2 years working with NFL coaches to fix them in that offense, with Shady and probably a rebuffed OL and WR group, over a statue pocket passer with the same group.

8 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I also really like playmakers, and I'll take Jackson's inaccuracies as a passer with 2 years working with NFL coaches to fix them in that offense, with Shady and probably a rebuffed OL and WR group, over a statue pocket passer with the same group.

Shady won’t be around in your scenario by the time that he’s ready. And i don’t want a statue by any means but i don’t want a run first guy either

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Why are the greatest offenses of all time led by pocket passers and not inaccurate “playmakers”?

The arrogance of nfl coaches thinking they can fix inaccurate college Qbs gets people fired 

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Step 1: Get LaMar Jackson with he inevitably falls into the 2nd round because GM's view him as a Wide Receiver and not a QB

Step 2: Let him sit for a couple years behind Tyrod and learn the system while he bulks up and works on his mechanics

Step 3: Unleash the beast.

Highly doubt he's falling that far.  I don't get why GM's would view him as a WR when his adjusted completion percentage is higher than Darnold's and Allen's.

I think it would cost them more than the 4 picks you are offering to get one of the top 3 QBs. You would probably have to throw in another high pick or package of picks next year as well. Moving up from the 22nd spot to the top 5 would be prohibitively expensive. And unless there is an Andrew Luck waiting to get drafted I just dont see it.  If the Bills guy (if they have a "their guy") drops to 8 or later, sure... pull the trigger. If you see your guy, and you have confidence in him, pull the trigger. 

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Why are the greatest offenses of all time led by pocket passers and not inaccurate “playmakers”?

The arrogance of nfl coaches thinking they can fix inaccurate college Qbs gets people fired 

The greatest offenses of all-time are lead by the greatest QB's of all-time, for the most part. You're not getting one of those in this draft if you're Buffalo.

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Highly doubt he's falling that far.  I don't get why GM's would view him as a WR when his adjusted completion percentage is higher than Darnold's and Allen's.

I guess we'll see. 

12 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

I think it would cost them more than the 4 picks you are offering to get one of the top 3 QBs. You would probably have to throw in another high pick or package of picks next year as well. Moving up from the 22nd spot to the top 5 would be prohibitively expensive. And unless there is an Andrew Luck waiting to get drafted I just dont see it.  If the Bills guy (if they have a "their guy") drops to 8 or later, sure... pull the trigger. If you see your guy, and you have confidence in him, pull the trigger. 

This pretty well sums up the situation for the Bills. There is absolutely no way they can afford a trade up to secure any of the top 2 QB's and will have to wait till they see what is left after the top 12-15 picks and then possibly make a move. I will not be shocked if it is Jackson!!!

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That was my thought as well. Although trading for Foles is an interesting wrinkle as the trade would cost less than a trade up 

Reports are that the Bills LOVE Josh Rosen. The Bills beat writer thinks that's their guy and I've seen rumors about how great the Bills view him. If it is, im all for selling the house to get your guy.

Trade:

#20 overall pick, #21 overall pick (KC's) + 2019 1st round pick + one of the Bills 2nd rounders

for

#1 pick or #2 pick (Cleveland or NYG)

5 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Reports are that the Bills LOVE Josh Rosen. The Bills beat writer thinks that's their guy and I've seen rumors about how great the Bills view him. If it is, im all for selling the house to get your guy.

Trade:

#20 overall pick, #21 overall pick (KC's) + 2019 1st round pick + one of the Bills 2nd rounders

for

Bills would also need to trade their other 2nd rounder pick and that probably isn't enough. Its too far of a climb for them.

16 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Trade:

for

y'all would be better off trading a 2nd for Foles and using those 2 first round picks to sure up the offensive line. 

Could the Bills could make this move up in 2 separate steps ?

If either the Broncos or JETS land Cousins, then you target that team and trade the (2) Buffalo firsts to move up to either #5 or #6.

Now you have the right bait to attract one of the teams in the top 3 to get your QB.

The Cousins-winner is likely to be more willing to trade back than the non-Cousins winner and the Top 3 teams might view a move back to #5, # 6 more favorably than dropping all the way to 21+ 22 in round 1.

23 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Could the Bills could make this move up in 2 separate steps ?

If either the Broncos or JETS land Cousins, then you target that team and trade the (2) Buffalo firsts to move up to either #5 or #6.

Now you have the right bait to attract one of the teams in the top 3 to get your QB.

The Cousins-winner is likely to be more willing to trade back than the non-Cousins winner and the Top 3 teams might view a move back to #5, # 6 more favorably than dropping all the way to 21+ 22 in round 1.

I like the thought but i feel like you are banking on 2 things you probably shouldn’t:

1. Whoever lands Cousins will be willing to take a loss essentially in trade value

and

2. That 1 of the 4 teams would be willing to deal after you made the 1st move 

Whoever gets Cousins likely doesn’t have alot of money left for free agency either this year or the future so they will want as much out of their draft picks. Maybe that means they will choose quantity over quality. Also if Buffalo trades up and then no one above them wants to deal they are either “stuck” or have to pay out the nose even moreso

Archived