53 Man Predictions with practice Squad

INbengalfan

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

So we had 2 5ths, 2 6ths and 2 7ths.  And only ONE of the six made it.  Evans.  

We need to take advantage of comp picks plus a deep roster and trade up for quality when the opportunity presents itself.  17 % in the last three rounds looks bad.

They only had one 7th round pick actually. So that means its 20 percent, which is still bad when you look at it, but realistically it would of been 3 out of 5 at best.

Schreck wasn't going to make the team anyway, but he will be stashed on IR so he's basically still a Bengals.

Wilson not making it seems to look bad at first because they traded up for him, but he was injured for the majority of training camp and preseason, so its not a big shock he didn't make the team.

Dielham bothers me the most, because I was thinking they would just deactivate him every game, but he was outplayed by other guys which forced there hand to cut him.

Elliott also stings, although it was sort of bad luck for him because Bullock just so happened to become mr automatic in the preseason and camp.

If they manage to stash Wilson, Dielham, and Elliott on the practice squad, then it makes things all better. 

1 hour ago, MrCincinnati said:

They only had one 7th round pick actually. So that means its 20 percent, which is still bad when you look at it, but realistically it would of been 3 out of 5 at best.

Schreck wasn't going to make the team anyway, but he will be stashed on IR so he's basically still a Bengals.

Wilson not making it seems to look bad at first because they traded up for him, but he was injured for the majority of training camp and preseason, so its not a big shock he didn't make the team.

Dielham bothers me the most, because I was thinking they would just deactivate him every game, but he was outplayed by other guys which forced there hand to cut him.

Elliott also stings, although it was sort of bad luck for him because Bullock just so happened to become mr automatic in the preseason and camp.

If they manage to stash Wilson, Dielham, and Elliott on the practice squad, then it makes things all better. 

I think all three will get there.  Hopefully no one claims Elliott, so he's here if Bullock gets a case of the yips

8 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I feel like Carter is just there as a n brainer cut when one of the the guys gets available.

I don't know.  I feel like Carter making it is a sign that Uzomah is going to IR as well.  Driskell gets moved and Wilson gets re-signed.  Then when Uzomah clears his spot, we bring back a ninth DL.

17 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

So we had 2 5ths, 2 6ths and 2 7ths.  And only ONE of the six made it.  Evans.  

We need to take advantage of comp picks plus a deep roster and trade up for quality when the opportunity presents itself.  17 % in the last three rounds looks bad.

I'm not going to complain.  This might be the best draft in Bengals history (yes I'm going there).  

Lawson, Willis, Evans, Ross, and Mixon all have pro bowl potential.  Yes, I am getting ahead of myself but all of those guys sans Ross (which is funny since he was our highest pick) completely balled out this preseason.  Malone and Glasglow are not bad players either. I'm glad we kept all of our picks and I get the quality argument, but having more 'chances' to get it right on picks helps as well.  It's why we can take chances on medical red flag players like Lawson who have incredible ceilings...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm not going to complain.  This might be the best draft in Bengals history (yes I'm going there).  

Lawson, Willis, Evans, Ross, and Mixon all have pro bowl potential.  Yes, I am getting ahead of myself but all of those guys sans Ross (which is funny since he was our highest pick) completely balled out this preseason.  Malone and Glasglow are not bad players either. I'm glad we kept all of our picks and I get the quality argument, but having more 'chances' to get it right on picks helps as well.  It's why we can take chances on medical red flag players like Lawson who have incredible ceilings...

I'm with you in that regard.  Not bashing the draft.  Just saying that a team with a roster this deep, with only a few glaring holes, doesn't need to be drafting that many later round guys.  package those picks and move up for quality earlier in the draft.

On 9/2/2017 at 11:33 AM, TheVillain112 said:

Bullock over Elliott.  Geez, we whiffed on that draft pick.  Guess Zane Gonzalez should have been the pick...

It says more about Bullock than Elliott, IMO.  Elliott was good, Bullock was just incredible.

This is kind of off topic, but is Mixon going to be returning kicks for you guys?  I know he did some at Oklahoma, but wasn't sure if you guys were planning on using him like that.  I have a fantasy league that's 1pt/10 return yards, so I'm hoping to cash in on that as much as possible.

1 minute ago, Duffman57 said:

This is kind of off topic, but is Mixon going to be returning kicks for you guys?  I know he did some at Oklahoma, but wasn't sure if you guys were planning on using him like that.  I have a fantasy league that's 1pt/10 return yards, so I'm hoping to cash in on that as much as possible.

No it'll primarily be Alex Erickson. 

Archived