Texans to release Brian Cushing

ET80

Cushing will free up roughly $7.5mm in cap space, bringing the Texans cap room to roughly $65mm. 

Given the lack of a 1st and 2nd round pick, and needs along the OL and secondary, the Texans are likely to be big spenders during FA. This also frees up money to extend OLB Jadevion Clowney, who is due a big extension.

Good riddance to the cheater.

Good linebacker. I always liked him as a player when I saw him early in his career. It's unfortunate he got involved with PEDs, but I still think he was good regardless. Too bad his two knee injuries essentially derailed his career the last few seasons. At least that is what I was told. Maybe he calls it a career.

47 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

He's been kinda an enigma to me his whole career. At times he would look fantastic and at times he would be really really bad. And added to that, the cheating stuff.

Injuries really took a toll on him. He was never the same after Matt Slausen chop blocked him in 2012, tearing his ACL. 

8 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Texans are going to regret paying Clowney whatever ridiculous contract they end up giving him....

Agree to disagree. I don't think it'll be as big as people assume it'll be (the first two years we're basically write off seasons, so his durability will be in question) and his impact in non pass rushing situations can't be ignored - I think he's led the league in TFLs the past two seasons, so the lack of sacks is more or less offset by the impact in the run game.

8 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

He'll latch on with the titans. 

I can only wish. 

17 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

He'll latch on with the titans. 

Texans are going to regret paying Clowney whatever ridiculous contract they end up giving him....

For some reason, I agree. Injury prone, and hasn't shown a semblance of improvement in his game since coming into the league. He flashes like he did in College based on physical gifts alone, but at a much slower rate against NFL caliber players....

22 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

For some reason, I agree. Injury prone, and hasn't shown a semblance of improvement in his game since coming into the league. He flashes like he did in College based on physical gifts alone, but at a much slower rate against NFL caliber players....

he was AN ANIMAL THIS YEAR.

Archived