NFL Draft Targets?

DoleINGout

Who are some of the players you think should be the Patriots top targets? Most fans seem to think the defense needs the most TLC. Here are the prospects I think we'll see the Pats target with their first teo picks:

On offense:

Cortland Sutton, Lamar Jackson, Frank Ragnow, James Washington, Sony Michel

On defense:

Harold Landry, Sam Hubbard, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Rashaan Evans, Mike Hughes

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Who are some of the players you think should be the Patriots top targets? Most fans seem to think the defense needs the most TLC. Here are the prospects I think we'll see the Pats target with their first teo picks:

On offense:

On defense:

Who is the qb we're going to target?

13 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

On offense:

On defense:

Lamar Jackson i would love but on D you forgot Josh Jackson, and Isaiah Oliver two CBs that I would love to see in a Pats uni

1 minute ago, Trivium1990 said:

Lamar Jackson i would love but on D you forgot Josh Jackson, and Isaiah Oliver two CBs that I would love to see in a Pats uni

I considered Joshua Jackson but thought he didn't offer enough dynamic ability and strikes me as somewhat hesitant to initiate and engage as a tackler. Good corner but not worth a first round pick for Belichick's team when be could sign an equivalent or slightly better in free agency if wanted.

Leighton Vander Esch should definitely be a target. Reminds me of Tedy Bruschi a little. Jaire Alexander is a lot like Malcolm Butler/Marcus Peters IMO. Stud cornerback who plays the inside well, baits the pass, protects against the long ball, has good size, and plays with a tenacity that is infectious to his teammates. Darius Leonard isn't a bad third round pick either, could develop into a solid linebacker with proper coaching and playing time.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:32 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

My favorite prospect in this draft is Jaylen Samuels out of NC State. The definition of a "swiss army knife". I'd LOVE to see what McDaniels could do with him in our offense.

My favorite prospect is probably Lorenzo Carter. Comes from a 3-4 in college and former Alabama defensive coordinator. Long arms and good intincts. Athletic, a little slight of frame but tall enough to hold muscle. Could be a late first round pick but my hope is the Patriots get McGlinchey at offensive tackle. With the pick from the 49ers trade, Carter could still be available. Quarterback Luke Falk with the Patriots own second round pick would be ideal to me as well. Stands in the pocket and seems to go through progressions in a way like Brady.

edit: just looked up Luke Falk and I like him even more

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cougcenter.com/platform/amp/2018/2/24/17047584/washington-state-cougars-luke-falk-tom-brady

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2018 at 9:35 AM, DoleINGout said:

My favorite prospect is probably Lorenzo Carter. Comes from a 3-4 in college and former Alabama defensive coordinator. Long arms and good intincts. Athletic, a little slight of frame but tall enough to hold muscle. Could be a late first round pick but my hope is the Patriots get McGlinchey at offensive tackle. With the pick from the 49ers trade, Carter could still be available. Quarterback Luke Falk with the Patriots own second round pick would be ideal to me as well. Stands in the pocket and seems to go through progressions in a way like Brady.

edit: just looked up Luke Falk and I like him even more

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cougcenter.com/platform/amp/2018/2/24/17047584/washington-state-cougars-luke-falk-tom-brady

Not surprised by anything in the combine except Griffin running sub 4.4. Wow. And- Sam Hubbard did a little better than could have hoped at 3 cone drill. Otherwise. ...

Edit: Oh yeah and Carter is now on the map so he is gone. Cowboys at latest should get him in first. Really a top 10 prospect.

On 2/19/2018 at 9:13 PM, DoleINGout said:

I put Lamar Jackson, QB from Louisville. Won the Heisman Trophy for the 2016 season and was a finalist for 2017.

If he falls to the second round,  I hope we're all over him. Just a gut feeling that he's going to be a special, special player.

44 minutes ago, LD696 said:

Vander Esch at 31? SPARQ says yes, tape - not sure. 2/43 may be possible, but I feel 2/63 would be late.

Good shot at being a first rounder. 2/43 might be a good pick but I think he will be gone by then.

Archived