DB:

Ronnie Harrison

Armani Watts

Donte Johnson

Marcus Allen

Deshon Elliot

Jesse Bates III

Justin Reid

Which 5 players are the most likely to be picked by the Patriots? Regardless of position, need, round. I'll start.

1. Brian O'Neill, LT

2. Sam Hubbard, OLB

3. Donte Jackson, CB

4. Kyle Lauletta, QB

5. Durham Smythe, TE

Honerable Mentions: Anthony Averett (Alabama), DaeSean Hamilton (Penn State), Mark Andrews (Oklahoma), Mike Gesicki (Penn State), Kemoko Turay (Rutgers), Allen Lazard (Iowa State)

Guys I would be ecstatic if drafted: Lorenzo Carter (Georgia), Calton Davis (Auburn), RJ McIntosh (Miami), Braden Smith (Auburn), Mason Rudolph (Oklahoma State)

On 3/19/2018 at 9:06 AM, Deadpulse said:

Im going with

1. OT

2. DE

3. ILB

4. CB

5. RB

6. WR

7. TE

Curious why you have CB so high? I think TE is probably our #4 need. I'm cool with interchanging the top 3. But Gilmore, McCourty, Rowe, C. Jones, J. Jones, etc. is a formidable group.

With Gronkowski's injury history and Allen bringing nothing to the table as a receiver, I could really see the Patriots going TE early.

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Curious why you have CB so high? I think TE is probably our #4 need. I'm cool with interchanging the top 3. But Gilmore, McCourty, Rowe, C. Jones, J. Jones, etc. is a formidable group.

With Gronkowski's injury history and Allen bringing nothing to the table as a receiver, I could really see the Patriots going TE early.

I dont see TE as a hard need as long as Gronk is playing. Sure, we need to prepare for his eventual departure but its a position that can be plugged in early and still produce. CB strikes me as one in which you'd like to have a rookie play a limited role to start IE have him play behind Rowe and Jason for a year before seeing significant playing time. Its less about the strength of the need now and more about the position and the transition to the nfl. 

Belichick's been at like 4 or 5 pro-days in the last 4 days. Definitely sounds like someone thinking about walking away from football.

I dread the day Belichick is no longer running the ship here. The man has won 5 SB's, probably has the most job security of all of sports and still is never satisfied. The dude will die on a football field.

4 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Belichick's been at like 4 or 5 pro-days in the last 4 days. Definitely sounds like someone thinking about walking away from football.

I dread the day Belichick is no longer running the ship here. The man has won 5 SB's, probably has the most job security of all of sports and still is never satisfied. The dude will die on a football field.

Eh, Bill just wants to take in the experience of this process one final year...

Archived