NFL Draft Targets?

DoleINGout

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

So with 23, I think that opens up a lot of doors for us. 

At LB, Leighton Vander Esch and Rashaan Evans may be available. Harold Landry if he manages to fall.

At OL, Connor Williams and Mike McGlinchey are in play. Some of the guards too sans Nelson, but I doubt that that’s on the table unless NE believes Shaq is definitely out the door next year. 

Itd give us a shot at either Jackson or Alexander. 

Possibly Payne or Vea. 

What’re your thoughts on #23 and #31 now?

I have a bold prediction that I want to be able to write down but this would be a huge shock to everyone, but I think Minkah Fitzpatrick will be available in the late teens. I think his lack of true position might hurt him and think he's gonna fall to around 17th/18th Overall.

If so, should we trade up for him? 

9 hours ago, TomRalph said:

I have a bold prediction that I want to be able to write down but this would be a huge shock to everyone, but I think Minkah Fitzpatrick will be available in the late teens. I think his lack of true position might hurt him and think he's gonna fall to around 17th/18th Overall.

Depends on the price. I could see him playing that LB/S hybrid that always gets talked about. He would be an awful deep safety IMO but he is a good tackler (as long as he doesnt run himself out of position) and can blitz well in the box. 

9 hours ago, TomRalph said:

It wouldn't be a terrible move of course getting a prospect like Fitz, but it's not the top priority either IMO.

What would you guys think about this?

* What do you guys think about this IF these guys are available at those spots.

23- Connor Williams, OT, Texas

30- Arden Key, EDGE, USC

43- DJ Moore, WR, Maryland

69- Marcus Allen, S, Penn State

95- Darius Leonard, LB, S. Carolina State

I projected a trade. NYG trade pick 69 and QB Davis Webb for pick 63. New York will have their franchise QB after this draft I’m assuming, and it won’t be Webb, he gets a new home in Foxboro where McDaniels can prep the big-armed QB to take over in coming years. The reason for moving Webb, is simply lack of need on New York’s part and only being six spots, that was taken from a reference from the Kony Ealy trade.

2 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Not against Williams at all, but he’s not the first guy I’d like at 23.

30- Arden Key, EDGE, USC

Watched more of Arden Key the last few weeks, and I’m not impressed. I think a similar player with more versatility and less question marks is Josh Sweat.

EDIT: Rephrase here: Key’s 2016 is impressive, I just don’t believe he reclaims that - and even if he does, I’m not sure that he translates to the NFL very well.

Good pick here but I don’t see him being available at 43 at all. 

I like him if his role is a LB-S hybrid.

I’m a fan of Leonard here.

I projected a trade. NYG trade pick 69 and QB Davis Webb for pick 63. New York will have their franchise QB after this draft I’m assuming, and it won’t be Webb, he gets a new home in Foxboro where McDaniels can prep the big-armed QB to take over in coming years. The reason for moving Webb, is simply lack of need on New York’s part and only being six spots, that was taken from a reference from the Kony Ealy trade.

Don’t really see NYG moving a second year player for 6 spots in the draft, especially given their QB situation.

Not sure if this has been said, but I really think all this "Patriots are getting ammo to trade up to draft a QB" is a smokescreen. Teams in our division are really positioning themselves to take a QB in the 1st (Jets, Bills) and this adds a little bit of pressure. Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen...those guys are all going top ten. I really don't think the Patriots package 23 and 31 + to be in play for one of those names. Maybe if someone starts to fall that they really like, but I doubt it. I think they have a someone they'll target in the 2nd.

Personally (and what I believe they'll do) is use at least 3/4 of their 1sts and 2nds. They pretty much punted on last years draft class. I believe they only had 4 selections. 2 of which got hurt (Rivers, Garcia), 1 was cut and 1 contributed. Factor in a weak draft class (thus far) and picks being stripped from deflategate; this team really needs an infusion of young talent. Adding 4 players in the 1st two rounds could do wonders, IMO.

8 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

30- Arden Key, EDGE, USC

I think four of those five players will not be avilable at those picks. Arden Key I think is a borderline first round pick which bufuddles me. I would think more of Key than i did of Dominique Easly when he was picked, but that's not saying much.

MY hopefuls

Texas A&M WR Christian Kirk 2016 Highlights ᴴᴰ - YouTube

Rashaan Evans Complete 2017 Season Compilation | Alabama LB - YouTube

Justin Jackson Highlights || "J Man" || Northwestern - YouTube

Duke Ejiofor Official Highlights | Wake Forest DE - YouTube

Jaire Alexander 2016 Highlights || BEST CB IN COLLEGE - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1HGHiaNsl4 NFL Draft Geek Film Room - Kolton Miller - YouTube

NFL DRAFT HIGHLIGHTS: Martinas Rankin, OT -- Mississippi State - HERO Sports

Jaylen Samuels Shines as a “Tight End” at the NFL Combine - Pack Insider

Here is what I would like.

23rd --- Jaire Alexander  or Rashaan Evans

31st---- trade or christian Kirk

43---- Martinas Rankin or Kolton Miller

69 --- trade to get  all other favorites--  Jaylen Samuals, Duke Ejiofor , Justin Jackson

I would not touch, IMO bust.

Mason Rudolph -- Spread offense

Mark Andrews --- Sooner hype, Slow can't block watch his tape you will see

Oh I almost forgot. I would only select a QB in the later rounds because I would sign Johnny Football for nothing.  I wouldn't be surprised if BB didn't takes a  QB until  the 6th/7th round or none at all.

IMO BB has three years to get the next QB. In todays football many QB start in there 1or 2 year.

I want Mason Rudolph but I'm not convinced he or Lorenzo Carter will be picked. I think Rashaan Evans is the guy everyone wants to go to the Patriots. He would have to be taken at 23 if available. If Evans is gone, I could see Duke Dawson being the pick. Kolton Miller seems to be on their radar and he is inteiguing but unexciting since you can expect just about everyone who starts to be coached up. Honestly, this is such a great draft of prospects for the Patriots that they could go a bunch of ways and come away with good players. I think most teams will walk away with multiple starters from this draft. Rashaan Evans is my bet for the Patriots to draft though, more than anybody else.

If I were drafting, I really like Tyquan Lewis a lot but there is no chance he is picked unless he is somehow kicking around at the end of the sixth round.

Archived