NFL Draft Targets?

DoleINGout

These are the five prospects on defense and offense I would be most excited to see drafted:

1. Rashaan Evans

2. Justin Reid

3. Harold Landry

4. Roquan Smith

5. Lorenzo Carter

1. Connor Williams

2. Mason Rudolph

3. Baker Mayfield

4. Sony Michel

5. Hayden Hurst

Obviously, these picks won’t all be correct because Nick Caserio and Bill are much better team builders than I. But with the draft next weekend, I’m amped and ready to discuss some of my M&M’s in the trail-mix of draft prospects. I wanted to project some trades, but I’ll stick with the original Patriots’ picks. If nothing else, there’s some guys here maybe you haven’t heard of and could intrigue you. Food for thought.

23Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State

We need help on defense. And since we’re staying the obvious, Vander Esch is pretty good on that side of the ball. I don’t know what his ceiling is, but his floor is at least as a ten year starter. I’m drooling over the idea of him paired with Hightower.

31- Justin Reid, DB, Stanford

Reid is a versatile player who gives his all on every snap, whether that be diagnosing plays or disrupting them. Safety is not an immediate need, but it’s an important position and he will step up when called upon. He can compete as a corner as well, so Belichick can get some use out of this stud. Going back to back on defense with our first two picks is a major possibility and I’d have no problem with that happening.

43- Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina

Hurst is the eldest prospect at his position, but his skills are refined enough for him to be one of the first tight ends off the board. Apart from the Gronkowski “drama” & speculation, we need a legitimate backup- or starter and Hurst is more than capable.

63- Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State

Left tackle is important, but I feel the need is overblown. LaAdrian Waddle performed pretty swell as the right tackle last season, and honestly, I think he can play well enough to keep Brady on his feet. Of course, Tony Garcia is a mystery. His health issues are known but it seems that he’s making great progress. Rankin has the arm-length and strength to play on the left or right side, and Coach Scarr should fall in love.

95- Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State

Running back is a crowded position for the 2018 season, but competition brings out the best of everybody. Ballage has surprising burst and speed, and will compliment Ivan Fear’s group pretty dang well.

198- Hercules Mata’afa, DE/LB, Washington State

Hercules played defensive tackle although he’s seriously undersized; albeit he played very well. His high motor and intensity will help him convert to some sort of edge position.

210- Kyle Allen, QB, Houston

Quarterback is a position every one will keep an eye on with New England. We could opt to take a passer much sooner than this, but why invest a high draft pick when we are competing now? I’d rather invest time in prospect and the team could feel the same. Allen looks the part of an NFL quarterback, possession great arm strength. He needs to sharpen up on his decision-making and make better reads. He will have the chance to sit and learn, which will benefit him greatly. Allen is very, very intriguing. I prefer him over late rounders such as Mike White, Logan Woodside, etc.

219- Kemoko Turay, DE, Rutgers 

Rutgers, of course. Turay has a lot of untapped potential and can be coached up to be a great edge rusher. He had a great showing at the Senior Bowl.

Priority UDFA’s

Darrel Williams, RB, LSU

Nyles Morgan, LB, Notre Dame 

Dylan Cantrell, WR, Texas Tech 

Bruce Hector, DT, South Florida

Mike Love, DE, South Florida

Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn

Khalid Hill, FB, Michigan

Sione Teuhema, LB, Southeast Louisiana 

8 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

43- Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina

Hurst is the eldest prospect at his position, but his skills are refined enough for him to be one of the first tight ends off the board. Apart from the Gronkowski “drama” & speculation, we need a legitimate backup- or starter and Hurst is more than capable.

Dolphins pick at 42, and I think Hurst is a very likely target for them (but what do I know).

I actually think there’s a strong chance we don’t see a QB in the first two or three rounds. Bill isn’t the type of guy that gets into a buyer’s market like this year’s QB class has. 

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I actually think there’s a strong chance we don’t see a QB in the first two or three rounds. Bill isn’t the type of guy that gets into a buyer’s market like this year’s QB class has. 

Usually when there's this much smoke BB goes the other way lol

13 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

No thanks. Dudes arm makes Chad Pennington's arm look like a rocket. 

I like Lauletta but his arm is concerning his floor seems pretty high.

In general it seems like after the 1st round QBs it is a lot of mediocre arms.  Benkert flashed some ability and has the arm but I'm not a believer.  I'm starting to think the best route is to trade for future first and try  and get the QB next yr which I like Lock and Finely at this point.  Woodside, Litton, McGough and Kanoff are probably the obvious late round PFAs to look at

Also one player I think BB will really like is Genard Avery.  Guy needs some fix up on his technique as a rusher but he is so rangy and takes good angles.  Built really well.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Usually when there's this much smoke BB goes the other way lol

Yeah...although it’s hard to be mad this time around. Getting 4 guys in the first two rounds that’ll see the field presumably right away would be huge. 

I’d actually get behind a trade up if one of the QBs fall to 8-9, as long as it doesn’t involve next year’s first.

1: Best Case

2: Second Option/Third

0: Worst Case

QB

1: Mason Rudolph

2: Mike White/Lamar Jackson

0: Josh Allen

RB

1: Kerryon Johnson

2: Sony Michel/Mark Walton

0: Akrum Wadley

WR

1: Braxton Berrios

2: James Washington/Allen Lazard

0: D.J. Chark

TE

1: Dalton Schultz

2: Durham Smythe/Mark Andrews

0: Dallas Goedert

OT

1: Mike McGlinchey

2: Connor Williams/Kolton Miller

0: Orlando Brown

IOL

1: Frank Ragnow

2: Braden Smith/Billy Price

0: James Daniels

DE

1: De'Shawn Hand

2: R.J. McIntosh/Rasheem Green

0: Taven Bryan

DT

1: Vita Vea

2: Maurice Hurst/Harrison Phillips

0: Nathan Shepherd

OLB

1: Harold Landry

2: Lorenzo Carter/Dorance Armstrong

0: Arden Key

ILB

1: Rashaan Evans

2: Jerome Baker/Fred Warner

0: Josey Jewell

CB

1: Keion Crossen

2: Donte Jackson/Anthony Averett

0: Kelvin Toliver II

S

1: Justin Reid

2: Armani Watts/Kazir White

0: Ronnie Harrison

More to come..

QB:

1: Josh Rosen

2: Lamar Jackson/Mason Rudolph 

0: Kyle Lauletta.

RB:

1: Sony Michel

2: John Kelly/ Chase Edmonds

0: Derrius Guice 

WR:

1: Christian Kirk

2: James Washington/Allen Lazard

0: D.J. Chark

TE:

1: Mike Gesicki

2: Jaylen Samuels/Mark Andrews

0: Hayden Hurst

OT:

1: Mike McGlinchey

2: Connor Williams/Brian O'Neil

0: Kolton Miller

@1ForTheThumb I too had Guice as my worst case scenario at RB( relative to value), but I think Wadley offers less.

I like the Jaylen Samuels selection but I wasn't sure where to put him. At RB I like him a lot but I couldn't decide on taking Walton or Michel out. As a tight end, I would definitely consider putting him in.

Kolton Miller I can't settle on. I liked him pre-hype. Then I got into a mindset he was overrated, unfortunately. Then as I out my kist together, I remembered that I liked Miller for some reason and put him as my third best case scenario. If it weren't for what Dante Scarrnechia did with Nate Solder then I may have left Miller off the list.

Archived