Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

Hey guys, with the draft fast approaching, I thought it would be beneficial to start a thread where we can put all the team and player rumors surrounding the draft. It keeps it more centralized and easier to keep up.

Can be anything from prospect news, team rumors, etc.

I'll kick it off...

Benjamin Allbright reports that the Bills are trying to trade up into the top ten of this year's draft, presumably to acquire a quarterback. The Bills have both the 21st and 22nd pick in this year's draft, as they acquired Kansas City's first-round pick last spring in the Patrick Mahomes deal.

I would gladly trade back for #21 and #22. We have a lot of needs and there is always good talent in the late teens-early twenties that slips...

Pick seven is ~1,500 points. 21 and 22 would be ~1,580. 

I'd do it. We could secure a pass rusher at a more reasonable spot in the draft and take the best RB available that isn't Barkley.

Something like Key and Michel would be nice. Or any other EDGE we like that's available.

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Hey guys, with the draft fast approaching, I thought it would be beneficial to start a thread where we can put all the team and player rumors surrounding the draft. It keeps it more centralized and easier to keep up.

Can be anything from prospect news, team rumors, etc.

I'll kick it off...

I would gladly trade back for #21 and #22. We have a lot of needs and there is always good talent in the late teens-early twenties that slips...

I think Buffalo makes sense and the possibility is helped by Licht and McDermott knowing each other from the Philly days.  

I would be in favor also.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd do it. We could secure a pass rusher at a more reasonable spot in the draft and take the best RB available that isn't Barkley.

Something like Key and Michel would be nice. Or any other EDGE we like that's available.

Maybe have them throw in Shaq lawson and the two firsts to sweeten the deal? 

In the other Thread "We pick 7th" I posted this and it was said that the Bills would throw Cordy Glenn in? Don't know if you has been play good, but he has been injured in the past 2 season. 

It really depends how many QB go before us. With Cousins likely going to Denver and AJ more than likely going to CLE. It makes it look like there will be one dropping. I have a feeling that Chubb, Barkley, and maybe both Fitz and Qunicy are gone. Then I don't know if I would want anyone else other than them. So I think I would take that trade just throw a little more in.

2 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

In the other Thread "We pick 7th" I posted this and it was said that the Bills would throw Cordy Glenn in? Don't know if you has been play good, but he has been injured in the past 2 season. 

I'd take him in a heartbeat, but don't see them just throwing him in...

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Why not shaq Lawson ? Maybe a change of sceneray. No harm no foul to sweeten the deal. 

It might be tough to get a 23 year old they just took in the first round a couple years ago. No way we'd get both 21 and 22 if we wanted him too.

21st and 22nd for the 7th.. hmm. Back to back picks in the first sounds good. But we'd potentially lose out on a top end prospect but if those 2 picks could pan out then that's a good deal. No guarantee top ten picks will be legit. Just see the first round of the 2013 draft lmao. If we do it I'd like their 3rd or 4th from next year as well. Or a player, Give us KB for a jw3 reunion lol. Jkjk

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I’d love to have Nelson but if we get a call from Buffalo and get 21 and 22 for 7 we would be stupid not to take it. Only way we don’t is if Chubb is miraculously still on the board.

The MMQB's Albert Breer expects UTSA edge rusher Marcus Davenport to be drafted before pick No. 13. "Just watch. The converted receiver from a mid-major school will put on a show in Indianapolis,"

Man, I hope it's not us taking him that early. He's a 2nd round grade in my book. Too raw...

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Man, I hope it's not us taking him that early. He's a 2nd round grade in my book. Too raw...

I wouldn't be as upset about it now as I would have been a month ago. I like his upside. 

Everyone that comes out is raw.

His strength is already pretty good, and he's got the frame to add to it. His handwork is really good if he uses it. Which isn't often enough. But that can be coached out of him by training camp.

I think he has the potential to be really good; like what Michael Johnson flashed once in Cinci. And we now might have the dline coach to get the most out of him.

Archived