Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

23 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Barkley going at four would suck. But I'd be happy with Nelson at seven. Then hopefully we can trade back a little in the second and take Penny. We could use the additional pick to trade up for a CB/S in the third.

It never gets old watching video of Nelson putting a guy on the ground  and give him another shove to keep the guy down as he tries to get back up.  Nelson-Jensen-Marpet ?

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline referred to LSU RB Derrius Guice's Wednesday pro day as "uneven."

"I’m told Guice did nothing to move the needle in his favor today and documented off the field issues are weighing heavily on his draft grade," Pauline writes, adding that there are teams that "do not hold a positive view of Guice." The analyst notes that some squads view the 5-foot-10, 224-pounder as a "loose cannon." The notion of "off-field issues" is a late-surfacing one in public, with The Scouting Academy's Dan Hatman relaying in late March that "it sounds like off-field will be more of an issue for Guice than I originally thought." The story now takes a turn for the odd 

Weird, he's never been arrested or in trouble at LSU that I can remember. Must be an attitude issue...

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Weird, he's never been arrested or in trouble at LSU that I can remember. Must be an attitude issue...

Could be legit or we are definitely in smoke screen season.  I dont question Guice s effort on the field ..He runs hard and plays hurt.

Speaking of Jordan Howard, as we've been discussing him as a potential trade target:

CBS Sports' Chris Trapasso compared RB Royce Freeman to Chicago Bears RB Jordan Howard.

Trapasso says their main similarities are being "Big, powerful, with deceptive agility." He also mentions that "both don't appear to be moving overly fast through the second level yet would-be tacklers slip off them due to the tremendous amount of momentum they create with deceptive speed at their size.

"

Washington WR Dante Pettis was graded the top punt returner among the members of the 2018 NFL Draft class. Not a big surprise here. Pettis has returned more punts (8) for touchdowns than any player in college football history, and he average over 19 yards per return in the 2017 season. He didn't have a big year as a wide receiver, but he scored 14 touchdowns as a junior in 2016, so the ability is there as well. Still, his ability to make plays in special teams gives Pettis the best chance to make an immediate impact as a rookie.

I really like him. I think he's going to be a target for us as well in the middle rounds...

19 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

ANYONE get a sense that we could entertain offers for Desean Jackson to say New England for a late 2? They lost cooks and Godwin is ascending. 

No, they've always been able to find diamonds in the rough at WR cast off by other teams. Plus, they still have Chris Hogan and Julian Edelman.

I think it's more likely they draft a WR...

Archived