Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I’d think the colts take barkely at 6. 

I don’t think Denver is satisfied with Keemun long term either. If the right qb is there at 5 I see them taking him. 

Seen a lot of people that think the Colts are primed to move back again in the draft if they don't land Chubb.

If Barkley somehow makes it to us I will probably have a panic attack of pure joy...

Draft Wire's Luke Easterling projects the Patriots to trade up to the seventh pick with the Buccaneers to select Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield in his four-round mock draft.

This site could break if this happens...

We would have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. He has us taking:

1. Will Hernandez

1. Jaire Alexander

2. DaRone Payne

2. Ronnie Harrison

2. Rashaad Penny

That would be a quite a haul and fill out the roster. Interesting take IMO...

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/04/09/2018-nfl-mock-draft-latest-4-round-projections-with-trades/

5 minutes ago, BucShot said:

Colts aren't taking Barkley. Mack looked great for them, and they are desperate for D and OL.

Lol Mack Nd barkely aren’t even in the same class. Ballard would take BPA if he can’t move down again. Colts need basically everything so. 

10 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Lol Mack Nd barkely aren’t even in the same class. Ballard would take BPA if he can’t move down again. Colts need basically everything so. 

I watched quite a bit of Colts last year since my buddy is a Colts fan, and they aren't taking a RB round 1. D or OL all the way.

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

This site could break if this happens...

We would have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. He has us taking:

1. Will Hernandez

1. Jaire Alexander

2. DaRone Payne

2. Ronnie Harrison

2. Rashaad Penny

That would be a quite a haul and fill out the roster. Interesting take IMO...

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/04/09/2018-nfl-mock-draft-latest-4-round-projections-with-trades/

I understand there is a possibility,  but the Pats have a real good chance to go to their 9th Super Bowl this year.  I just can' t see hoodie at his age worrying about replacing the GOAT  at QB for the very long term future, when Brady was the MVP last season, especially with the questions at LT.

51 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I understand there is a possibility,  but the Pats have a real good chance to go to their 9th Super Bowl this year.  I just can' t see hoodie at his age worrying about replacing the GOAT  at QB for the very long term future, when Brady was the MVP last season, especially with the questions at LT.

They've always been able to patchwork/mask their holes though internally. It's part of what makes them the Pats.

Let's not forget, BB (according to reports) was the main advocate in Robert Kraft's ear for not trading Jimmy G. and actually resigning him and possibly dealing off Brady.

That relationship between Brady and BB is fractured...

20 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

They've always been able to patchwork/mask their holes though internally. It's part of what makes them the Pats.

Let's not forget, BB (according to reports) was the main advocate in Robert Kraft's ear for not trading Jimmy G. and actually resigning him and possibly dealing off Brady.

There are all kinds of rumors going around about the Pats.

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

There are all kinds of rumors going around about the Pats.

No doubt, that's why I think you can't just discard the trade up rumors. They're the most unpredictable team year in and out in the draft. They always move up and down over the 3 days...

They'll probably defy everyone and just stay put the whole draft and make every pick at the original spot lol...

39 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Be careful of rumors,   I don't doubt they are going to draft a QB, but for hoodie to burn multiple high draft picks to secure one  just not seeing it.  Rough guess on Pats needs : LT, WR, DE, CB just guessing.  That ESPN story about the fracture really didn't stop the Pats offense from rolling.  Fix that Big 12 defense and their the favorites to come out of the AFC again.  I wouldn't call that story fake news, but its close.  Working that long together there will be strain it s human nature, but Brady and hoodie have demonstrated for many years the ability to work together and succeed.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Be careful of rumors,   I don't doubt they are going to draft a QB, but for hoodie to burn multiple high draft picks to secure one  just not seeing it.  Rough guess on Pats needs : LT, WR, DE, CB just guessing.  That ESPN story about the fracture really didn't stop the Pats offense from rolling.  Fix that Big 12 defense and their the favorites to come out of the AFC again.  I wouldn't call that story fake news, but its close.  Working that long together there will be strain it s human nature, but Brady and hoodie have demonstrated for many years the ability to work together and succeed.

Like I said, they're the most unpredictable team in the draft they love to manipulate picks to move up and down to get guys they target/fixate on for their system.

They don't have a history of simply drafting to fill holes, they target guys they identify no matter if it's a current need or not.

Their only pressing need on paper is the LT spot (they actually have good options at WR-Edelman, Hogan, Matthews and Mitchell and DE-Clayborn, Flowers and Rivers + they just got Jason McCourty from the Browns at CB and have Gilmore locked up opposite)

I was skeptical of the BB/Brady story too when it came out, but a lot of the sources are within the organization and now we're also get reports that Gronk and BB have similar issues, as BB isn't a fan of Gronk going to Brady's trainer either. I think there is some fire to the smoke. Now, that doesn;'t mean that BB and Brady can't keep it going as they have in past. They clearly can. However, I don't think there is any loyalty to each other and I truly believe that if BB was ever given the chance to move Brady in a favorable deal and got clearance from Kraft he would. BB is a guy who's always trying to stay 1 step ahead and looking down the road. 

With all that being said, I'd still say the chances of this trade up scenario are 25% at best. Point I'm trying to make though, is don't simply write it off.

17 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

No doubt, that's why I think you can't just discard the trade up rumors. They're the most unpredictable team year in and out in the draft. They always move up and down over the 3 days...

They'll probably defy everyone and just stay put the whole draft and make every pick at the original spot lol...

Bellichik knows at Brady’s age one hit the wrong way and injury can tank the pats season. AND who’s knows how long Brady has. It happened to Montana and he was dealt. Bellichik was thinking about the future of the pats wanting to keep Jimmy G and dealing Brady but Kraft put an end to that. 

Pats have no future at qb. 

9 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

That's surprising to me. A couple months ago Chubb seemed like the top EDGE, but really only by default. Barkley and Nelson have been one and two overall for the longest time.

The draft process is just too damn long. ?

Archived