Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

37 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's surprising to me. A couple months ago Chubb seemed like the top EDGE, but really only by default. Barkley and Nelson have been one and two overall for the longest time.

The draft process is just too damn long. ?

Ben has been adamant that Barkley shouldnt be drafted  in the top 5.  The QB pool has depth, but no consensus top guy.  

I believe Roquan Smith, James, and the LTs are going to go quicker then the mock drafts indicate.  

19 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I’d probably say barkely in the top top 7 ?

guice and Michel picks 20-32. Detroit could take one of them. 

I could see Cleveland trading up for one.

I've read a couple times that there's expected to be a rush on RBs early day two. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Buffalo is my guess. Hey that gives us a shot at Nelson or Barkley. 

Miami's been checking out QBs lately too. And don't forget Arizona. Maybe New England? 

Fingers crossed for a QB frenzy at the top of the draft.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Oof. Y'all complained when I mocked him at 22. Imagine taking him at seven. ?

0% chance of this happening IMO. If we liked him that much, we could easily slide back into the early teens, get an extra couple picks and still get him.

Taking him at #7 would be asinine IMO.

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Oof. Y'all complained when I mocked him at 22. Imagine taking him at seven. ?

I agree with a statement you made the other day. This draft process is too darn long. It’s the last two weeks before the draft. All this smoke. 

I think licht not having two picks on day two is bothering him. I believe he’s had multiple discussions about trading down. 

Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman reports "the Patriots are the team most interested" in Louisville QB Lamar Jackson.

Freeman adds Jackson's "popularity" is "rapidly" increasing around the league, and the quarterback has impressed teams "with his intelligence and football acumen." Based on the buzz, Jackson appears to be a lock for the first round, and it does not seem likely he falls to New England at No. 23 overall. With four of the first 63 picks, however, the Patriots have the ammo to move up if they so choose. 

I m starting to believe Darnold and Mayfield are the top 2 QBs in this class.  What kind of rush will there be for Rosen and Allen?  IMO, if Giants stay at 2, not for a QB, Chubb will go.  Only other team I see Barkley possibly going to before the Bucs is the Browns at 4.  If Indy stays at 6, I cant imagine not going oline.  Protect the returning from injury franchise QB above all else.  

Archived