Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

24 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Yeah this is completely rediculous and I don’t think it will change. We are more likely to sign Le’Veon Bell to $20M per than draft Sony Michel in the 2nd and let him and Barber do work as our backs in 2018.

We'll probably take a guy in the fourth or fifth and roll with Barber/Quizz/whatever FA we bring in. The rookie will probably be one of our inactives on Sundays.

41 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Yeah this is completely rediculous and I don’t think it will change. We are more likely to sign Le’Veon Bell to $20M per than draft Sony Michel in the 2nd and let him and Barber do work as our backs in 2018.

None of those words came out of Koetters mouth. licht was looking to move up for Dalvin Cook last year so there was interest in fresh legs. 

This is a misleading title. I normally like the joes insight but this article is grasping. 

He would have benched barber for Quiz Rodgers or chuck sims when things were going south with Martin. 

10 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

None of those words came out of Koetters mouth. licht was looking to move up for Dalvin Cook last year so there was interest in fresh legs. 

This is a misleading title. I normally like the joes insight but this article is grasping. 

He would have benched barber for Quiz Rodgers or chuck sims when things were going south with Martin. 

Koetter does have a history of opting for veteran RBs over younger guys. He likes his pass blockers.

Barber only got reps last year because we ran out of options. I really do believe that. 

On the Rotoworld Football Podcast, Josh Norris believes it is in the realm of possibility that Georgia's Sony Michel ultimately becomes the 2018 NFL Draft's best RB. Norris loves Michel's combination of balance on contact, evasion in tight and open space, speed to create big plays and vision with the ball in his hands. In fact, all of those traits can pop up in a single run and Michel's game against Vanderbilt can be presented as evidence. Michel's major hold back is his fumble rate, as he puts the ball on the ground once every 54.6 touches. 

Not buying it. Barkley is head and shoulders the best in class and Michel's fumble issues are of real concern...

He's fumbled at a rate higher than anyone over the recent past coming out...

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Arizona could be a prime candidate. 

We would need the broncos to land Cousins in FA to entice a team to move up to 7 like the cardinals. 

I would be all for this. I can see Chubb, Barkley, Nelson all gone before ours. 

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Ideally, I would rather see the Bucs trade back with the Cards and pick up an extra 2nd and Day 3 pick.  Buffalo is tempting, but I would rather not move that far back.

I agree with this. Moving back enough spots to still land James, Davenport, or Jackson are ideal. Maybe even take Guice at 13. I feel he’s a top 20 pick. 

Archived