Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

The Colts are probably the team best positioned to trade back and completely muck things up for us.

We need more picks, but if Nelson is the only one of the ‘big 3’ still on the board, we’re in no man’s land. We either take him at #7, reach for James, or take Ward/ Fitzpatrick. No one is trading up to #7 for a guard, except maybe Chicago.

29 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

The Colts are probably the team best positioned to trade back and completely muck things up for us.

We need more picks, but if Nelson is the only one of the ‘big 3’ still on the board, we’re in no man’s land. We either take him at #7, reach for James, or take Ward/ Fitzpatrick. No one is trading up to #7 for a guard, except maybe Chicago.

Lot of rumors teams are very high on Mike McGlinchey, as he's viewed as a plug and play (and one of the few in the draft). Lot of people think teams could look to move into the top 10 for him...

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Lot of rumors teams are very high on Mike McGlinchey, as he's viewed as a plug and play (and one of the few in the draft). Lot of people think teams could look to move into the top 10 for him...

I read somewhere that McGlinchey and Kolton Miller are both probably gonna go a lot higher than folks are projecting. This class is weak at OT and apparently teams are gonna want to take the two or three that can start sooner rather than later.

I've read a couple times that McGlinchey is in play for Cleveland at four. But who knows.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I read somewhere that McGlinchey and Kolton Miller are both probably gonna go a lot higher than folks are projecting. This class is weak at OT and apparently teams are gonna want to take the two or three that can start sooner rather than later.

I've read a couple times that McGlinchey is in play for Cleveland at four. But who knows.

Strikes me as a huge reach, especially in a draft where they’re guaranteed to have a shot at one of the best 3 prospects (assuming they go QB at 1).

Auctioning the pick for a QB, or even Chubb would seem to be a better option than reaching for an LT with that level of talent left on the board.

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

Strikes me as a huge reach, especially in a draft where they’re guaranteed to have a shot at one of the best 3 prospects (assuming they go QB at 1).

Auctioning the pick for a QB, or even Chubb would seem to be a better option than reaching for an LT with that level of talent left on the board.

I'd think he'd be more in play if they move down. But I dunno. Guys fall and get drafted a lot higher than anyone expects every year.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd think he'd be more in play if they move down. But I dunno. Guys fall and get drafted a lot higher than anyone expects every year.

Very true.

We’re also well into silly season where the writers seem to get fed up writing the same stuff and go a bit wild trying to differentiate themselves.

Case in point, the mock draft the day of the 2010 draft that had us taking Brian Price at #3 (Suh and McCoy went 1&2).

16 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Something I hadn't really considered.

IMO, Barkley is well worth it. He's the best RB prospect to come along in a while (since Gurley IMO). I think he's going to be an star.

I'd gladly pay for that and the revenue he'll create for my team based on that star power. Plus, remember that 1st round picks you also get the option to pick-up the 5th year vs. and 2nd round pick that you'd be looking to pay they're 2nd deal in year 5...

Archived