Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

But he IS the prototype, physically. And the potential is there. And if they're serious about Tygod being the starter next year, Allen would make sense. But who knows.

I just wanna have the draft already. ?

Agree about I'm ready for the draft.  I want all the QBs taken early.

Per walterfootball:

Two of those teams that are in the running back market are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins. In speaking to sources at both of those teams, they like Chubb and Penny. If they miss out on Michel and Guice they still have good options available in those two. Chubb and Penny are options for each team's second-rounder. Jones is also in play for Washington.

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Per walterfootball:

Two of those teams that are in the running back market are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins. In speaking to sources at both of those teams, they like Chubb and Penny. If they miss out on Michel and Guice they still have good options available in those two. Chubb and Penny are options for each team's second-rounder. Jones is also in play for Washington.

I m good with either, but I find it funny Penny gets critiqued for coming from a running offense and is a product of the system.  That s the draft in general, it s all in the eye of the beholder.

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m good with either, but I find it funny Penny gets critiqued for coming from a running offense and is a product of the system.  That s the draft in general, it s all in the eye of the beholder.

I haven’t heard that about Penny. The knock that I have heard on him is he is a slow learner. They said not to expect him to come in and be a starter. Expect 7-15 touches from him a game early on. Penny is in my top 3 for RBs and I think he would be a perfect compliment to Barber. 

Another guy I really like in the middle rounds is John Kelly from Tennessee. I think he is really underrated. Love the way he runs and I think if we choose to address some other positions early on we could take Kelly in the 4th and still resign Charles Sims after the draft 

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

So it's Sam Darnold. Or it's Josh Allen. Or Baker Mayfield.

Sounds like it's down to Mayfield or Darnold...

A source he "trusts" who is "very well-connected" and "very often right" told MMQB's Peter King the Browns won't take Wyoming QB Josh Allen with the No. 1 overall pick.

On his GM Street podcast, The Ringer's Mike Lombardi suggested Georgia RB Sony Michel could slip in the draft for medical reasons.

"There's a lot of teams telling me there's a medical concern here, so he could slip a little bit," said Lombardi, a longtime NFL executive who most recently worked for the Patriots. "His medical grade is a little iffy." Lombardi admitted he doesn't know exactly what the medical issue is

Listened to a live podcast with Trevor from PR.  He believes from intel within the organization, Licht is unlikely to trade down from 7 because he believes he will get a shot at one of his top 5 on the draft board who he believes could be Pro Bowlers.

Chubb

Nelson

Barkley 

James Vea

Stay tuned.

56 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Listened to a live podcast with Trevor from PR.  He believes from intel within the organization, Licht is unlikely to trade down from 7 because he believes he will get a shot at one of his top 5 on the draft board who he believes could be Pro Bowlers.

Chubb

Nelson

Barkley 

James Vea

Stay tuned.

If this is indeed the case and what happens, I bet Licht burns a 1st or 2nd next year to make a move for a 3rd player in the first 2 rounds of this years draft. It’s literally win or go home for him and this staff. 

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Chubb

Nelson

Barkley 

James Vea

Stay tuned.

PR's love for Vea knows no bounds. icon_lol.gif

I'll be pretty upset if we take a DT in the first round. Especially in the top 10. And especially Vea.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

PR's love for Vea knows no bounds. icon_lol.gif

I'll be pretty upset if we take a DT in the first round. Especially in the top 10. And especially Vea.

The few leaks that do come out of OBP usually Stroud or PR get those crumbs.  The big 3 is obvious, but the James hype has really ramped up the last few weeks and confirmed by these 2.  Only PR has pimped Vea so I'm assuming he s probably option 5.  

Archived