Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

24 minutes ago, indifference said:

I would be disappointed. 

I wouldn’t be disappointed partially because I Love Derwin and think he is going to be great. However I’m secretly hoping that Chubb, Nelson, and Barkley are gone before 7 so we don’t have to make that decision.

the only criticism I have about Nelson is foot speed.  Watching the combine drill lining up at tackle and having a good kick step he doesnt have.  Not surprising he didnt run a 40 because it probably wasnt going to be good.  His technique, strength and compete are exceptional.   As a comparison, Marpet is the superior athlete and it shows especially when being asked to pull and block in space.  In tight, Nelson is exceptional.

I would be slightly disappointed if he was bypassed for James.  Getting Conte to the bench does ease the pain.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

the only criticism I have about Nelson is foot speed.  Watching the combine drill lining up at tackle and having a good kick step he doesnt have.  Not surprising he didnt run a 40 because it probably wasnt going to be good.  His technique, strength and compete are exceptional.   As a comparison, Marpet is the superior athlete and it shows especially when being asked to pull and block in space.  In tight, Nelson is exceptional.

I would be slightly disappointed if he was bypassed for James.  Getting Conte to the bench does ease the pain.

Nelson may not ever be asked to pull and that’s fine. He can pass block well and he dominates at the POA. Elite OL are hard to find. So are DBs but games are won in the trenches. Agreed here.

Archived