Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

Saints coach Sean Payton told the MMQB's Peter King that Penn State RB Saquon Barkley is the best RB prospect he's seen in 25 years.

Not that I care about Sean Payton, but he does have a good track record for drafting and developing RBs.

I've seen his sentiments echoed too by other evaluates. I give us a 5% chance of Barkley falling into our laps...

57 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

IMO, latest Barkley goes is to the Jets at 6.  I think the Jets offer Cousins the most guaranteed money, we 'll see if he takes it

I think Cleveland takes Darnold at one and trades up to two and takes Barkley. They've got the oline(ish) to try and pull a Dallas.

Then Chubb to the Colts and Rosen to the Giants. Nelson to the Broncos at five. The Jets could go Mayfield or anyone, really, at six. Then we'll take Davenport if the Jets don't.

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think Cleveland takes Darnold at one and trades up to two and takes Barkley. They've got the oline(ish) to try and pull a Dallas.

Then Chubb to the Colts and Rosen to the Giants. Nelson to the Broncos at five. The Jets could go Mayfield or anyone, really, at six. Then we'll take Davenport if the Jets don't.

Wow, you think Cleveland trades up with Dorsey s 1st draft.  Not writing you 're wrong, just very interesting.  I m probably completely off base, but for the Bucs I see a couple of can't miss prospects and then a whole bunch of the next level.  For me that list consists of Barkley and Nelson.  After that, I look at Davenport, Landry, Vea, Payne, James, Fitzpatrick, Ward, and Hubbard as the next group which I would be extremely happy with a trade back to get one of these prospects.  I really hope licht can acquire an extra 2nd or 3rd for this draft.

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Wow, you think Cleveland trades up with Dorsey s 1st draft.  Not writing you 're wrong, just very interesting.  I m probably completely off base, but for the Bucs I see a couple of can't miss prospects and then a whole bunch of the next level.  For me that list consists of Barkley and Nelson.  After that, I look at Davenport, Landry, Vea, Payne, James, Fitzpatrick, Ward, and Hubbard as the next group which I would be extremely happy with a trade back to get one of these prospects.  I really hope licht can acquire an extra 2nd or 3rd for this draft.

Completely agree on the trade back. Unless we draft Chubb, Barkley or Nelson at 7, we need to trade back. Someone will give something half decent.

I really like Nelson, but even if he is on the board and we can get say Buffalo’s 2 1sts, id take that instead of drafting Nelson. There are a lot of good OL in this draft.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

If they really want to have Barkley, they better take him at #1. I'm not sure he makes it outside the top 3...

I'd take Barley at 1 and then if I'm truly focused on a rookie QB, I take whoever falls to me at #4 between Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield...

I think the Browns are going to get McCarron though, so that may alter their entire draft strategy once FA opens...

If Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson are gone at 7. Licht needs to trade back but not too far where we miss out on other good prospects. I’m cool with Landry, Vita, Fitzpatrick, Ward, Jackson or James. Just draft good football players period. FA we need to make the most out of it bc there’s no telling how the draft plays out.

34 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If they really want to have Barkley, they better take him at #1. I'm not sure he makes it outside the top 3...

I'd take Barley at 1 and then if I'm truly focused on a rookie QB, I take whoever falls to me at #4 between Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield...

I think the Browns are going to get McCarron though, so that may alter their entire draft strategy once FA opens...

If you like a QB enough to take him at four, just take him at one. Don't get cute and risk missing out on him.

Orlando Brown had an epic combine...not in a good way:

Oklahoma T Orlando Brown produced a composite score in the zero percentile for his efforts in the NFL Scouting Combine.We should probably say "efforts" here. Brown (6'7/345) had a historically bad combine, especially when you consider that he came into the event as one of the top tackle prospects in this class. 

His draft stock plummeted with this. Went from a possible top 10 pick to middle round pick probably right now.

With that said, he's much better player than what the numbers shows. I'd take a hard look at him in the 3rd round...

Archived