Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

41 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The Iggles have pretty much bullied them into taking Nelson at two anyway. 

I guess so, but Eli is 37.  Only way I can  see them passing on a QB is if Shurmur brings Bridgewater as the QB waiting.  Give Teddy more time to strengthen his knee and stay in a system he is familiar with.  There would probably be a bidding war between Denver and the Jets for 2 overall 

LSU RB Derrius Guice revealed that one team at last week's Scouting Combine asked him if he likes men.

PFT's Mike Florio separately confirmed the question was indeed asked. Guice retold his Combine interview experience: "Some people really try to get in your head, man. ... I’d go in one room and a team would ask me, ‘Do I like men?’ just to see my reaction. They’d try to bring up one of my family members or somebody and tell me, ‘Hey, man, I heard your mom sells herself. How do you feel about that?’"

The 'questions' these scouts/FO's ask these kids are ridiculous and there is absolutely no accountability towards them from the NFL.

It needs to change. It's becoming more of an interrogation/propaganda parade vs. an interview process.

15 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

The Iggles have pretty much bullied them into taking Nelson at two anyway. 

Giants would be stupid to pass up on an opportunity to pass on a QB right now. I don’t buy this at all. Eli hinted that this would probably be his last season and unless they sign his successor in FA, they will go Rosen on draft day imo.

28 minutes ago, indifference said:

Giants would be stupid to pass up on an opportunity to pass on a QB right now. I don’t buy this at all. Eli hinted that this would probably be his last season and unless they sign his successor in FA, they will go Rosen on draft day imo.

They're trying to drum up interest in the pick IMO. Letting teams know they'll be open for business, as they're not tied to the spot..

If they don't get a deal they like, I expect them to take a QB as well...

Colorado RB Phillip Lindsay ran the 40-yard dash in 4.39 seconds at the school pro day on Wednesday. Lindsay (5'7/184) was a player who we would have loved to see at the NFL Scouting Combine last week, but he did not receive an invitation to festivities in Indianapolis. He should have. The diminutive back's 40-yard dash of 4.39 seconds on pro day would have trailed only the dash of Nyheim Hines for a running back in Indianapolis. Even cooling it off by fractions when taking into account that pro day times tend to be faster than combine times, it was still a great run for Lindsay. He also turned in respectable jumps -- particularly given his diminutive frame -- of 35.5 inches (vertical) and 124 inches (broad). On top of all of this, Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline relays that the Colorado standout looked "terrific" in his drill work. His size is going to be an issue for some teams, but this is exactly the kind of pro day showing he needed after the combine snub.

Been intrigued by him before the combine snub, but this just makes me more curious now. I think he has the talent to be a 3rd down back and returner.

Intriguing late round guy...

Washington WR Dante Pettis (ankle) does not plan on going through athletic testing during the school pro day on Saturday. "These drills, there's a certain way to do them to get the fastest time, and it takes a lot of reps to get that technique down," Pettis said, explaining that he has not had enough time to get those reps in. The 6-foot-1, 192-pounder initially sustained his pesky ankle injury back in November. It kept him from testing at the combine. Pettis -- who claims that he can run a 4.37-second 40-yard dash when right -- still wants to run for NFL teams before the draft. While he has no plans to take part in athletic tests this weekend, he'll still be meeting with NFL teams in Seattle. Both the Rams and Buccaneers have already scheduled meetings with Pettis for Saturday.

Don't know anything about him, but apparently he's a blazer...

What about a trade down ? (oh maybe you did discuss it yet ? sorry im not a Buccs fan so i do not read all post related to). B.Chubb will be probably gone and even if a Ward or a Nelson would be a nice add if still there, the Bills looking for a Mayfield or Allen available could be tempting right ? 21&22 you could have Landry or Hubbard and another 1st round talent..

24 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

What about a trade down ? (oh maybe you did discuss it yet ? sorry im not a Buccs fan so i do not read all post related to). B.Chubb will be probably gone and even if a Ward or a Nelson would be a nice add if still there, the Bills looking for a Mayfield or Allen available could be tempting right ? 21&22 you could have Landry or Hubbard and another 1st round talent..

I think about everyone here wants to trade down if Barkley and Chubb are gone.

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

And i know every fan of every team want to trade down ! But this year with Mayfield and Allen/Rosen it would be possible..

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Ain't that the truth. 

Even though I love Vea, I'll admit he's still a reach at #7, same with Davenport. Even with Nelson, he's a need and a great player, but I still struggle with taking a G in the top 10. 

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline relays that quarterbacks coaches for six teams were on hand to watch Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta on Wednesday's pro day.

The Cardinals, Ravens, Panthers, Bengals, Buccaneers and Redskins sent their quarterbacks coaches to Richmond to observe Lauletta. In total, 26 teams sent representatives to the pro day. Pauline hears that the 6-foot-2, 217-pounder "looked very good" in his drill work despite some adverse cold weather. Lauletta's been talked up as a potential Day 2 selection in some corners

Archived