Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

55 minutes ago, indifference said:

Chubb is an animal. He dominated that FSU game and instantly became a fan while watching. Plays the run well and he knows how to get after the QB. He is a Joey Bosa type DE prospect. We’re getting at least 8 sacks with him alone. I’d trade ONE additional day two pick and one day two pick for pick 5 but thats it. 

Chubb

and get a RB with the other pick... maybe Licht works a trade up into the third to get a player he wants. Chubb, McCoy, and Curry would allow us to drop 8 back to play coverage. Or we kick Curry inside and put Spence on the edge. DL would be filthy.

that sounds good and all , but i think we are exaggerating a little on how good the DLine would be even then, its a rookie , an old DE and 1 proven guy in McCoy, and a bum guy with shoulder injuries in spence

the eagles DLine is filthy , because they have like 5 guys that can get 6+ sacks

but i get it, anything would be better than what we had last year

4 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-monday-mailbag-3-19-trade-ups-trade-backs-and-licht-on-a-leash/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I really don’t think Fitzpatrick is an option at No. 7 for the Bucs from some of the rumblings we’ve heard. I do think Derwin James is in play, and also Vita Vea at No. 7”

I've heard the same, in fact I've heard it's basically 60/40 that teams prefer James over Fitzpatrick.

However, it's all chatter at this point in the draft process. teams are always leaking false info to influence their board...

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Chubb is an animal. He dominated that FSU game and instantly became a fan while watching. Plays the run well and he knows how to get after the QB. He is a Joey Bosa type DE prospect. We’re getting at least 8 sacks with him alone. I’d trade ONE additional day two pick and one day two pick for pick 5 but thats it. 

Which therein lies the problem, I don't think that gets it done...

I think most of us would be willing to trade a 2nd round pick and maybe a 4th or 5th round pick in order to move up and secure Chubb, who is every bit the franchise DE he's hyped to be IMO...

However, I don't think the Colts move off of 5 and pass on him for just for the extra guaranteed 2nd rounder and basically a lottery ticket pick in a 4th or 5th...

The more and more I go back and watch DE Jeff Holland, the more and more I like what i see.

He's a little undersized, but man can he bend the edge and he has some natural pass rush moves. Hard to teach that ability to get to the QB naturally...

I'd take a hard look at him in the 3-4th...

Austin Allen, QB, Arkansas (WOR)

Toth, Brett, OT, Army (EW)

Austin Corbett, OT/C, Nevada (WOR)

Steven Dunbar, WR, Houston (EW)

Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama (WOR)

Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma (SR)

Joshua Frazier, DT/3-4DE, Alabama (WOR)

Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State (SR)

Derrius Guice, RB, LSU (WOR)

DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State (PRO)

Natrell Jamerson, S, Wisconsin (PRO)

Jamar King, DT, Alabama (WOR)

Christian LaCouture, DT/3-4DE, LSU (SR)

Elijah Marks, WR, Northern Arizona (PRO)

Joseph Noteboom, OT, TCU (SR)

Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (PRO)

Dante Pettis, WR, Washington (PRO)

Kentavius Street, DE, N.C. State (EW)

Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma (EW)

Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (SR)

Tracy Walker, S, La.-Lafayette (EW)

Mark Walton, RB, Miami (WOR)

Justin Watson, WR, Pennsylvania (EW)

Everyone we've contacted so far, per walterfootball. Doesn't seem to be updated for FSU's pro day yet.

12 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

QUESTIon. The Steelers are in dire need of a LB with shazier potentially retiring. 

Do you think they would trade a second round pick for one of our 3 starters? 

Doubt it. They run a 3-4 scheme and Shazier was more of a hybrid type-"Moneybacker".

We don't really employ that guy. I guess David would be the closest thing.

I think they'd rather just keep the pick and fill that need via the draft with a handpicked guy. There are some good hybrid types out there this year...

Archived