Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

23 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

What better way to help a young QB then by giving him a stud RB???  I think I am locked in on Darnold or Mayfield at 1, and Barkley at 4 if he is there.  Let's get a solid vet to start the year at QB, and see what happens.

#1 Sam Darnold

#4 Saquan Barkley

been saying it since the beginning

Trade #33, #64 and #65 to somewhere in the middle of the 1st lets say #18 Seattle

#18 Calvin Ridley

Sam Darnold

Saquan Barkley/Duke Johnson

Josh Gordon/Calvin Ridley/Corey Coleman

David Njoku/Seth DeValve

Now that is a sexy offense right there

8 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

#1 Sam Darnold

#4 Saquan Barkley

Trade #33, #64 and #65 to somewhere in the middle of the 1st lets say #18 Seattle

#18 Calvin Ridley

Sam Darnold

David Njoku/Seth DeValve

Welcome back gramps.

The idea of trading 3 top 65 picks for a scrawny #2 WR makes my head hurt.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Welcome back gramps.

The idea of trading 3 top 65 picks for a scrawny #2 WR makes my head hurt.

Thanks but it will be short lived. Taking a day off from a project. Probably back to it tomorrow and even though Basketball season is winding down with only 1 game left for me my favorite season, Baseball, starts in roughly two weeks and its by far the busiest. I have managed so far to keep Thursday and Friday of draft weekend free but there could always be a game or offer to crack me for Friday.

He might not even make it far enough to trade up for anyway. He is underrated IMO. We have tons of picks. I'd prefer we use them to get as many studs as possible instead of more roster fillers. I'm also not seeing another WR worth a high pick. The gap from Ridley to any other WR is enormous which is probably another reason Ridley won't make it out of the Top 10-12 picks. 

18 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

#1 Sam Darnold

#4 Saquan Barkley

#18 Calvin Ridley

Sam Darnold

David Njoku/Seth DeValve

I would sign off on that for sure.  I think Ridley may be the most talented WR coming out this year.

17 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

#18 Calvin Ridley

On the old NFL draft value chart #18 is worth 900. Whereas #33 #37 and #64 are 580, 530, and 270 respectively. That would put us at 1280. That is 10-13 range. Now not saying I would trade away 3 2nd rounders for a first. I feel that would be a rip off. Especially if we traded them for one of the WRs in this draft. We could easily stay at #33 and get Kirk Washington, Cortland Sutton, etc. Only way I would make this trade is if our #1 left tackle somehow dropped out of the top 10 and we could replace Joe Thomas (if he retired). 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

21 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I would sign off on that for sure.  I think Ridley may be the most talented WR coming out this year.

He is the most talented WR this year but I don’t think he is all that great. Outside of Sutton from SMU thuan WR class is garbage

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

He is the most talented WR this year but I don’t think he is all that great. Outside of Sutton from SMU thuan WR class is garbage

There are a slew of Mohammad Sanu and Jarius Wright types in this class. Iow 2's and 3's that could be more productive than CC, which is precisely what the team needs.

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

How often does a team go 3/3 on picks?

Assuming we do better than we (and the rest of the league) have historically, we’d get 2/3 right.  So, with that, we’d have spent 5 picks and got 2 of them right.

Yall are good with that?  Especially with Dorsey and his “good eye for real football players”?

I’d rather he had all five picks, if not more.  I mean, a real front office, like the studs we have up there now, should be hitting on 75-80% of their picks, no?

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How often does a team go 3/3 on picks?

Assuming we do better than we (and the rest of the league) have historically, we’d get 2/3 right.  So, with that, we’d have spent 5 picks and got 2 of them right.

Yall are good with that?  Especially with Dorsey and his “good eye for real football players”?

I’d rather he had all five picks, if not more.  I mean, a real front office, like the studs we have up there now, should be hitting on 75-80% of their picks, no?

They traded back into the first last year for njoku to have three first round picks...were you cool with that since it was ur boy sashi?

5 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

They traded back into the first last year for njoku to have three first round picks...were you cool with that since it was ur boy sashi?

Did they give up 3 top 65 picks to do so?

I thought you hated what Sashi did, now you want the new guy to do the same thing?

14 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Did they give up 3 top 65 picks to do so?

I thought you hated what Sashi did, now you want the new guy to do the same thing?

Get 'em.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Absolutely, but 33, 64 and 65?  No thanks.

They traded pick 108 last year.

If those three picks amount to a mid first rounder...I'm in...i said I believe ridley is the best wr in this draft...i think he is worthy of a mid first round grade...if we could get away with only trading 63 or 64...and a fourth...even better...

I'm looking at quality over quantity at this point.. You want 11 or 12 MORE rooks?  No thanks

28 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

If those three picks amount to a mid first rounder...I'm in...i said I believe ridley is the best wr in this draft...i think he is worthy of a mid first round grade...if we could get away with only trading 63 or 64...and a fourth...even better...

I'm looking at quality over quantity at this point.. You want 11 or 12 MORE rooks?  No thanks

Aren’t 2nd and 3rd rounders quality?  I think Sashi has spoiled some folks if you think those are throw away picks...

And do we have to use all of those picks to draft players? Can’t we trade for vets or move the picks for future years?

Archived