Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s a bit short, but his feet are legit.  I’m guessing low 4.3 guy too.  

His type of athleticism is something we’ve been lacking for a while.

Yep and he’s REALLY good with ball skills. Giggity

On 2/26/2018 at 2:19 AM, brownie man said:

Isaiah Oliver is my number 1 corner in this draft

He reminds me of Marshon Lattimore I think he's going to be a stud

My dream scenerio is is Darnold/Barkely at #1 and #4 and then trade back up into the 1st round like last year around picks in the mid-20s and grab Oliver. QB/RB/CB check check check.

Hes really good, but Im not saying he is better than Ward/Jackson or even Hughes. I think all 3 of them will go top 20.

Watching an interview with Mike Silver at the Combine. Hue's mouthpiece and confidant isn't he?

He seemed to suggest talk of trading the first pick is nothing more than gossip. But the 4th pick is more likely in play.

The guy say by the side of him came out with that lame azz 'Barkley at 1, whichever QB is left at 4' narrative. And I noticed Silver quietly shake his head like nahhh that's not happening.

The other guy then tried to say the Browns will probably see all the QBs as the same because they're all pretty much the same (so dumb). Silver responded with a few sentences that basically said he doesn't see a situation where Darnold has enough flaws to not be ahead of the other QBs.

Take it for what it's worth, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hue has had some D&Ms with Silver recently.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

The other guy then tried to say the Browns will probably see all the QBs as the same because they're all pretty much the same (so dumb). Silver responded with a few sentences that basically said he doesn't see a situation where Darnold has enough flaws to not be ahead of the other QBs.

Any GM who actually has that opinion should be immediately banned from working in the NFL again and become an assistant manager at Waffle House.

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

Any GM who actually has that opinion should be immediately banned from working in the NFL again and become an assistant manager at Waffle House.

This isn’t a real thing in the nfl, literally zero percent chance of it.

What would be better is any talking head who suggests such nonsense should never be put in front of a mic or camera again.

12 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

My dream scenerio is is Darnold/Barkely at #1 and #4 and then trade back up into the 1st round like last year around picks in the mid-20s and grab Oliver. QB/RB/CB check check check.

Hes really good, but Im not saying he is better than Ward/Jackson or even Hughes. I think all 3 of them will go top 20.

I think my dream would involve either trading down from 4 (I don't think Barkley is slipping past Indy) or trading back up from first pick in the second.  My hope is that we can grab Connor Williams.  He had a leg injury that really limited his lateral movement this year, but freshmen year up until the beginning of this year, he was phenomenal and a true LT.  I want to let other teams pass on him because of his injury and take who was an elite LT because its looking more like we are going to lose Joe sooner than later.

Best case for him, you give him a year to let his leg heal, redshirt him, let Joe finish his career, then take over LT from him next year.

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This isn’t a real thing in the nfl, literally zero percent chance of it.

What would be better is any talking head who suggests such nonsense should never be put in front of a mic or camera again.

That would be great. I'm convinced they get paid to say dumb things.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Controversial.

Everyone (networks) wants a Skip Bayless or Screamin A. Smith, someone who makes controversial statements and get people talking and I hate it.

Howard Stern was the Gold Standard/Father of this.

I remember a very detailed survey that said the average Stern LOVER spent an hour a day listening to him/watching him, but the average Stern hater spent 2 and a half hours a day listening to him/watching him.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Howard Stern was the Gold Standard/Father of this.

Yes.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I remember a very detailed survey that said the average Stern LOVER spent an hour a day listening to him/watching him, but the average Stern hater spent 2 and a half hours a day listening to him/watching him.

That was a line from his movie lol.

I don't understand why everyone is so enamored with Sam Darnold over Josh Rosen. Rosen to me represents the best QB prospect to come out since Andrew Luck. The only thing that concerns me slightly with Rosen is the injuries, but it seems to me easy to explain in that his O-Line wasn't exactly stellar. Rosen is the type of QB that is well suited for the NFL. He is your prototypical big pocket passer with a quick release, accuracy, and football intelligence. Darnold is a guy that seems to me a bit overrated. The turnovers are maddening and I don't think they get remarkably better when he comes to the NFL. Give me the typical successful NFL QB mold rather than the flashy can throw on the run guy. My ideal scenario is Josh Rosen at #1 and Saquon Barkley at #4. So, everyone convince me why I am crazy for thinking Rosen should be the guy.

9 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

I don't understand why everyone is so enamored with Sam Darnold over Josh Rosen.

Younger, Stronger Arm, zero red flags medically, attitude, or work ethic.

Rosen to me represents the best QB prospect to come out since Andrew Luck.

Except he didn't win any games and has major concussion issues, and there are some questions about his coachability/attitude, and the comments a few months ago about being put in the right situation, even if it was lower in the draft.

The only thing that concerns me slightly with Rosen is the injuries, but it seems to me easy to explain in that his O-Line wasn't exactly stellar.

Darnold's OL was just as bad if not worse this year.

Rosen is the type of QB that is well suited for the NFL. He is your prototypical big pocket passer with a quick release, accuracy, and football intelligence.

I actually like Rosen, and if you could guarantee me that his concussion issues wouldn't resurface and his attitude was solid, I'd love him just fine as well.

Darnold is a guy that seems to me a bit overrated. The turnovers are maddening and I don't think they get remarkably better when he comes to the NFL.

People said the same thing about Matt Ryan, Jameis Winston, Peyton Manning, DeShaun Watson, and Ben Roethlisberger.

Give me the typical successful NFL QB mold rather than the flashy can throw on the run guy.

Give me the guy that can do both in Sam Darnold.

My ideal scenario is Josh Rosen at #1 and Saquon Barkley at #4.

I wouldn't hate that, but that's not my ideal.

So, everyone convince me why I am crazy for thinking Rosen should be the guy.

See above.

4 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

I don't understand why everyone is so enamored with Sam Darnold over Josh Rosen. Rosen to me represents the best QB prospect to come out since Andrew Luck. The only thing that concerns me slightly with Rosen is the injuries, but it seems to me easy to explain in that his O-Line wasn't exactly stellar. Rosen is the type of QB that is well suited for the NFL. He is your prototypical big pocket passer with a quick release, accuracy, and football intelligence. Darnold is a guy that seems to me a bit overrated. The turnovers are maddening and I don't think they get remarkably better when he comes to the NFL. Give me the typical successful NFL QB mold rather than the flashy can throw on the run guy. My ideal scenario is Josh Rosen at #1 and Saquon Barkley at #4. So, everyone convince me why I am crazy for thinking Rosen should be the guy.

Rosen - 26 INT in 30 games.

Darnold - 22 INT in 24 games.

Fumble numbers make Darnold's turnover rate worse.

I agree that Rosen is a prototype pocket passer with a classic throwing motion, accuracy and good football IQ. He's not perfect though. His pocket presence is overrated in my opinion. He has a blind spot to sensing backside pressure at times. He can't really move or extend a play when the pocket collapses, which it will, for the Cleveland Browns. He's not Tom Brady. He's much more Eli Manning. He makes some very bad decisions too, regardless of the fact he throws a pretty ball. I've seen him picked off throwinng across his body against Memphis. Pick six in the endzone against USC. Airmailing a deep ball against Colorado for the easy pick by the deep safety. I've seen him throw a pick whilst being spincycled in a sack, just shovelling the ball to the nearest D-lineman.

Character concerns are another reason, but everyone is aware of that.

Sam Darnold... he's more proficient in the pocket than people think. Though he can be tricked by coverages at this point and a lot of his picks were in the middle of the field. He needs to get better there. He has elite first step blitz avoidance and overall fantastic rush evasion skill. Can make any throw, it's not like his arm isn't good enough. Sideline throws vs Ohio State, numerous sideline bucket throws to JuJu in 2016, check the Penn State bowl game 4th quarter whilst taking a shot. Can thread the needle from the pocket (Rose Bowl winner, vs Arizona State this year). We all know what he can do outside of the pocket. Great ability to escape the pocket, keep his eyes downfield and make the throw. Adds a run element on third and fourth downs, where he can use his legs to pick up the first. Well suited to the RPO era we are starting to find ourselves in; like a PG he gets the ball down quick, scans the field and rips a mean slant. Built to take hits and has no college injury history. Cool, composed demeanour and no character concerns.

Archived