Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Rosen hell no.

chubb the be at 33 hell no.

Rosen is the safest of all the QBs in my opinion picture perfect mechanics and footwork. Strong arm then given credit for. And nick Chubb showed out this weekend truly impressive. Had he not gotten injured.hed be a top 10 pick most likely 

IMO It's a guarantee QBs go 1, 2, 3, and 4 if Kirk Cousins goes to the Vikings.

Teams NEVER wait around to take their QBs in years where top QBs are available.

I laugh ridiculously when I see people saying the Giants, a team/organization that never expects to be this high in the draft again for 10 yrs, is going to pass on a top QB in a QB rich draft when their QB is well into the back 9.

The Colts and Chris Ballard are desperate for quantity of talent & Ballard comes from the Dorsey school of "get a RB latet." Someone will make them an offer they cant refuse especially because they could get a huge offer from say the Jets to go from 3 to 6 and still get their nonQB impact player.

We'll likely do the same and trade down 1 spot with the Broncos or 2 spots with tje Jets by pressuring them into thinking some other team (Dolphins, Cardinals, etc) is coming up to 4 for the final QB1. This will especially be true if we pass on Sam Darnold at 1.

If I had to guess, the top 6 selections will be.

1. Browns - Mayfield // Darnold

2. Giants - Darnold // Allen

3. Jets - Rosen // Rosen

4. Broncos - Allen // Mayfield

5. Colts - Barkley // Chubb

6. Browns - Chubb // Barkley

^^^^^^^ QBs coming off the board the first 4 picks is a guarantee imo.

My Kai Nacua pick this year that I called back in December was Dane Cruikshank FS, Arizona. Beyond being a great athlete he's a FS not afraid to hit, he plays with urgency, and has natutal instincts to range playmake in the passing game.

He's my FS1. However, based on my overall rankings my FS1 doesn't go until the 4th round.

He's our guy late round and he's going to do big things in the NFL immediately.

28 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

My Kai Nacua pick this year that I called back in December was Dane Cruikshank FS, Arizona. Beyond being a great athlete he's a FS not afraid to hit, he plays with urgency, and has natutal instincts to range playmake in the passing game.

He's my FS1. However, based on my overall rankings my FS1 doesn't go until the 4th round.

He's our guy late round and he's going to do big things in the NFL immediately.

So you're predicting 2018 Steelers active roster after being snatched off our practice squad.

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

I gotta think QBs go 1-2 somehow

Kirk Cousins can only sign one place

stay at 4 and draft Barkley or Chubb

thats where I'm at right now

So, if Denver or the Jets don't solve their QB position, you don't think we could slide back one (or two spots) and pick up another premium pick(s) and still get one of those two young men?

Heck, Denver might roll the dice one more year with Siemien, plugging Nelson in at LG.  If we dealt with the Jets, then we might have our choice of the two.  

Of course Indianapolis might beat us to the punch and slide back, being content with either Chubb or Barkley falling to them.

Denver is going to take Josh Allen, if we don't, in my opinion.

Elway was at the Bowl game where Allen went off with his rocket arm. He's not Paxton Lynch or Brock Osweiller, who are uncoordinated giraffes with a questionable love for the game. He's a prime specimen of a QB in terms of size, athleticism and arm talent (physically, excluding the accuracy element). 

I think Elway will have enough confidence in himself that he'll believe he can personally nurture Allen and make it pay off in a year. They're from the same sort of neck of the woods too, aren't they? And have an ungodly arm in common.

18 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

So, if Denver or the Jets don't solve their QB position, you don't think we could slide back one (or two spots) and pick up another premium pick(s) and still get one of those two young men?

Heck, Denver might roll the dice one more year with Siemien, plugging Nelson in at LG.  If we dealt with the Jets, then we might have our choice of the two.  

Of course Indianapolis might beat us to the punch and slide back, being content with either Chubb or Barkley falling to them.

I meant to put stay at four take either or trade down a slot or two unless you want to guarantee you get one or the other because if you trade to 6 Denver could screw yo

15 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Rosen is the safest of all the QBs in my opinion picture perfect mechanics and footwork. Strong arm then given credit for. And nick Chubb showed out this weekend truly impressive. Had he not gotten injured.hed be a top 10 pick most likely 

Agree with all of this except the top 10 pick Nick Chubb. He was a 2nd round pick before his injury. He's still a 2nd round pick at best. Top 10 picks are for special talents. Chubb is not a special talent. I like Chubb a lot and would be fine with him in the 2nd round if we miss out on Barkley, but let's not get crazy with the pre-injury hype. He was never going to time well enough to warrant a top 10 selection.

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

IMO It's a guarantee QBs go 1, 2, 3, and 4 if Kirk Cousins goes to the Vikings.

Teams NEVER wait around to take their QBs in years where top QBs are available.

I laugh ridiculously when I see people saying the Giants, a team/organization that never expects to be this high in the draft again for 10 yrs, is going to pass on a top QB in a QB rich draft when their QB is well into the back 9.

The Colts and Chris Ballard are desperate for quantity of talent & Ballard comes from the Dorsey school of "get a RB latet." Someone will make them an offer they cant refuse especially because they could get a huge offer from say the Jets to go from 3 to 6 and still get their nonQB impact player.

We'll likely do the same and trade down 1 spot with the Broncos or 2 spots with tje Jets by pressuring them into thinking some other team (Dolphins, Cardinals, etc) is coming up to 4 for the final QB1. This will especially be true if we pass on Sam Darnold at 1.

If I had to guess, the top 6 selections will be.

1. Browns - Mayfield // Darnold

2. Giants - Darnold // Allen

3. Jets - Rosen // Rosen

4. Broncos - Allen // Mayfield

5. Colts - Barkley // Chubb

6. Browns - Chubb // Barkley

^^^^^^^ QBs coming off the board the first 4 picks is a guarantee imo.

I'd be furious if we traded down with Barkley on the board at #4. Getting our QB1 and Barkley is a dream come true. No way we screw that one up.

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

What about instead of Minkah or Chubb

I told you we got Derwin James and a 2019 first round pick after a trade down?

I’d be fine with that if we could convince James to play that angel roll and embrace it. To me he has that personality we’re he would hate that roll and become a distraction 

Archived