Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

10 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Browns sent scouts to watch Litton - Marshall QB at Marshall's pro day.

they also sent a scout to watch Isaiah Oliver at Colorado's pro day.

Litton would be a 3rd day option. 

Litton has skills, fits the big mobile QB with arm talent. I'm happy for the Oliver things as well

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As long as we draft a LEGIT FRANCHISE QB at #1 overall, I'll let @LETSGOBROWNIES do whatever he wants with Pick #4, meaning that we won't get Barkley, but will any of us really care if we get our guy at QB?

I’d be getting to work on making the 2019 draft as bountiful as the 2018 draft ;)

And no, if we get our QB idgaf what else they do.

14 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Darnold or bust for me.

ok well maybe there’s some wiggle room but not really.

Rosen - will be more than fine with that after five minutes. I’ve bought into us having a big QB that can also move and do damage outside the pocket, but I’ll buy into Rosen’s refined game pretty quickly.

Allen - will hurt a lot but I’ll talk myself into it. It’s as boom or bust a number one pick as you can make.

Mayfield - would be disastrous for me personally. You can quote me and hold it against me when he proves me wrong... I’ll be more than happy if that’s the case because it will mean he’s a success for us. I think he’s in for a rude awakening and has little to no realisation of just how different the game will be in pros when he has to operate in something resembling a muddy pocket.

My quess is that you are right because the browns must feel pretty strong about a rookie qb beacause they would not sign Alex smith to along term deal

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be getting to work on making the 2019 draft as bountiful as the 2018 draft ;)

And no, if we get our QB idgaf what else they do.

Yep. If we don't get 100% value for that #4 pick, I'm drafting Fitzpatrick, Barkley, or "reaching" on the best CB in the draft in Denzel Ward, who will almost assuredly go Top 10 anyway.

In my opinion, you’ve got this in the top 10:

- Perennial All-Pro RB (Barkley)

- Perennial All-Pro Guard (Nelson)

- Pro Bowl LB with potential to be All-Pro (Edmunds)

- Pro Bowl CB with potential to be All-Pro (Ward)

- And a couple of DBs with blue chip qualities, even if we don’t know their position (Fitzpatrick and James)

Now let’s apply two trade proposals to our 4th pick. Both different in style, but both as conceivable.

1. Small trade with DEN/NYJ to ensure their QB. E.g. #4 for #6 and 2019 1st.

2. Big trade with ARI/BUF to ensure their QB. E.g. #4 for #21, #22, 2nd, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd.

Now we have three stand out options at this point:

1. Reject all trades. Take best player at 4.

2. Accept small trade. Take one of the best players from list above that is still there, be happy and roll with the extra 2019 1st. Hope for NYJ’s rookie QB to play and struggle leading to a great 2019 pick (ala Houston).

3. Accept big trade. Accept that all those in the list above will be gone. Be happy with the monster haul and get to work on picking quality at 21 and 22 etc. Hope for Buffalo’s rookie QB to play and struggle leading to a great 2019 pick (ala Houston).

Which option stands out to you?

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

- And a couple of DBs with blue chip qualities, even if we don’t know their position (Fitzpatrick and James)

Now let’s apply two trade proposals to our 4th pick. Both different in style, but both as conceivable.

2. Big trade with ARI/BUF to ensure their QB. E.g. #4 for #21, #22, 2nd, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd.

2. Accept small trade. Take one of the best players from list above that is still there, be happy and roll with the extra 2019 1st. Hope for NYJ’s rookie QB to play and struggle leading to a great 2019 pick (ala Houston).

3. Accept big trade. Accept that all those in the list above will be gone. Be happy with the monster haul and get to work on picking quality at 21 and 22 etc. Hope for Buffalo’s rookie QB to play and struggle leading to a great 2019 pick (ala Houston).

I'm doing #2.

If the Jets/Broncos are stupid enough to give us a #1 NEXT year and a swap back 1-2 spots, I get:

*A 2019 first rounder

*Still one of the guys I would have taken at #4 anyway, and a legitimate "blue chipper"

The Haul is intriguing, but I'm never a "show me what's behind door #3" person, because I don't know who I'm getting THIS YEAR OR NEXT YEAR. I'd rather have 1 blue chipper THIS YEAR AND a #1 next year than 2 other low level 1st rounders AND a 1 next year.

Throw in Denver/the Jets could still suck badly ala what we'd be hoping with the Bills and we have no way of knowing which pick will be more valuable.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm doing #2.

If the Jets/Broncos are stupid enough to give us a #1 NEXT year and a swap back 1-2 spots, I get:

*A 2019 first rounder

*Still one of the guys I would have taken at #4 anyway, and a legitimate "blue chipper"

The Haul is intriguing, but I'm never a "show me what's behind door #3" person, because I don't know who I'm getting THIS YEAR OR NEXT YEAR. I'd rather have 1 blue chipper THIS YEAR AND a #1 next year than 2 other low level 1st rounders AND a 1 next year.

Throw in Denver/the Jets could still suck badly ala what we'd be hoping with the Bills and we have no way of knowing which pick will be more valuable.

Imagine going

1. Darnold

2. Barkley

3. Chubb

*Trade with the Jets to jump Denver, get there #1 next year*

4. Mayfield

5. Allen

*Trade to Buffalo for 21,22,3rd,1st next year*

6. Rosen

End up with

1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,4 and Three 1's next year

Lose the blue chip prospect but we can add some serious talent in the next two years...

22 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I would choose 2.

Get a stud, get a 2019 first, pop champagne.

Id be shocked to get that kind of value though

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I would choose 2.

Get a stud, get a 2019 first, pop champagne.

Id be shocked to get that kind of value though

You never know with QB desperation these days.

Especially if it’s a supreme physical specimen like Josh Allen. A team can really fall in love with that type of QB and move heaven and earth to make sure they don’t miss out on him.

We’re in a potentially prime position to leverage that.

#1 to use on our own QB.

Two teams directly below us in dire need of QBs in an intriguing QB class.

48 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Imagine going

1. Darnold

2. Barkley

3. Chubb

4. Mayfield

5. Allen

6. Rosen

End up with

Lose the blue chip prospect but we can add some serious talent in the next two years...

It's a little to John Madden on XBox to be plausible, but I'd be all for that!

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

It's a little to John Madden on XBox to be plausible, but I'd be all for that!

Sashi would do it 

but we can’t keep picking this many players 

I’d cool with the small trade back. I actually think it’s ideal 

I’d go as far back as 11 

and either Ward Minkah or Derwin will be there 

if not I’d trade up slightly to assure one 

Conversation starter/hot take that I totally believe:

John Kelly should be firmly in the 2nd tier of RB's this year with Michel, RoJo, and Guice, and might even be the 2nd best of that bunch. He has a special elusiveness/physicality combo that allows him to both juke guys out of their shoes and just plain run over smaller players. 

Discuss.

7 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Conversation starter/hot take that I totally believe:

John Kelly should be firmly in the 2nd tier of RB's this year with Michel, RoJo, and Guice, and might even be the 2nd best of that bunch. He has a special elusiveness/physicality combo that allows him to both juke guys out of their shoes and just plain run over smaller players. 

Discuss.

He's great at running laterally, and at 5'9 (almost 5'10) 215 I like his build for a shorter guy. He definitely moves piles in the college level. I don't think that he's overly explosive/fast, and his acceleration is just OK. Not running the 40 to me is an indicator that he believes he wouldn't have tested well in terms of speed. I think that he's an average athlete, but maybe he's better than expected.

If he's there in Round 4, I'd take a flier on him, but I'm not banging down the door to draft him either. Citation for marijuana and the 1 game suspension with other injury issues in 2017 are also part of this.

4 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

Imagine going

1. Darnold

2. Barkley

3. Chubb

4. Mayfield

5. Allen

6. Rosen

End up with

You can get a lot of good players with those picks. I might turn a few of those picks into trade ups if this happened. Circle talent we want and use the 21, 22, 33, and 35 plus a few mid level picks and maybe 2019 3rd day picks to move up.

Yeah I'm playing Madden now right along with you. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He's great at running laterally, and at 5'9 (almost 5'10) 215 I like his build for a shorter guy. He definitely moves piles in the college level. I don't think that he's overly explosive/fast, and his acceleration is just OK. Not running the 40 to me is an indicator that he believes he wouldn't have tested well in terms of speed. I think that he's an average athlete, but maybe he's better than expected.

If he's there in Round 4, I'd take a flier on him, but I'm not banging down the door to draft him either. Citation for marijuana and the 1 game suspension with other injury issues in 2017 are also part of this.

We have had our fill of players never seeing the field because of weed. I'd stay away because of that. There are too many other RBs we could pick instead. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived