Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Holding him back from what?

He's not as fast as expected, doesn't routinely get separation, doesn't get yac as expected and has the same inconsistent hands he had at Baylor. Hasn't played slot and he's clearly not a 1 or 2 outside WR. And that's on top of the hand injuries.

When have we ever seen young guys like a rookie or a 2nd year player make a meaning impact after they miss 6weeks or more from an injury in the middle of the season?

His first two games his rookie year he look good and then bam out for around 2months.  This year, he was looking good his first two games and bam out for around 2months ago. 

We truly have no idea how good he could be. It be nice to see him carry his preseason fall camp work into the season and then not have a major set back. 

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Choosing 3 picks over 3 years is in no way what we were talking about. I was referrring to 3 consecutive picks in the same year.

But yes, I agree, keep the picks or trade back.

I know. But I was curious of how Dorsey has done in the 2nd round, where those picks are. It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out for sure. 

54 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

We would never get a 2nd round pick for Kindred. And we have the Eagles 2nd round pick already.

Said that a while back, him and Peppers are the same player. A 4th seems fair, a 3rd and im excited, a 2nd I would faint, but would rather go player for player at this point.

25 minutes ago, bruceb said:

At some point soon we need better than Tretter.

Eh, center is least of our worries, the second half of the season we didn't hear anything from Tretter. We really shouldn't be addressing OC before we address OT. If we are really hard up to take a guy, take him in the 4th.

29 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Eh, center is least of our worries, the second half of the season we didn't hear anything from Tretter. We really shouldn't be addressing OC before we address OT. If we are really hard up to take a guy, take him in the 4th.

Yeah you can find centers any time. We could sign a veteran C every off-season from now until the end of time and never need one.

Spending a 1st round pick on Billy Price (that's where he's going to be drafted) would be insanity.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

If tretter can stay healthy I agree with you as he’s pretty good. This was the first year he’s been relatively healthy so if we can upgrade I’d do it. 

49 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah you can find centers any time. We could sign a veteran C every off-season from now until the end of time and never need one.

Spending a 1st round pick on Billy Price (that's where he's going to be drafted) would be insanity.

A stud center that can give you ten years is definitely worth a late first. 

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

you could sign a vet every off season or you draft one of the best centers to come out prolly since alex mack and be set for 10-15yearsa.  Potentially have one of the best centers and smartest centers would make the job a lot easier for the QB because the center could set the protections and the QB doesnt. QB will only have to worry about adjusting to a blitzer pre-snap and making an adjustment to that. 

Drafting a center top5-10 would be insanity, drafting a center 15 or lower wouldnt, especially when it is one as good as price. Especially he could play guard if needed

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

you could sign a vet every off season or you draft one of the best centers to come out prolly since alex mack and be set for 10-15yearsa.  Potentially have one of the best centers and smartest centers would make the job a lot easier for the QB because the center could set the protections and the QB doesnt. QB will only have to worry about adjusting to a blitzer pre-snap and making an adjustment to that. 

Drafting a center top5-10 would be insanity, drafting a center 15 or lower wouldnt, especially when it is one as good as price. Especially he could play guard if needed

Preach

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

We would never get a 2nd round pick for Kindred. And we have the Eagles 2nd round pick already.

To replace or improve Kindred we would need a 2nd round pick.
He has our played his draft position. 

He is great in the box poor man coverage and average zone.

2018 will be his best year IMO. 

11 hours ago, buno67 said:

For this team? It's idiotic. Center is like our 14th most pressing need. And Billy Price is a good center prospect, but he's not Alex Mack good. Not nearly as powerful in the run game. I think he's going to struggle against nose tackles. Of course centers can help our team. So can fullbacks. It makes the RB's job easier with a fullback and gives the QB a great checkdown in the flats. But it wouldn't be a good idea to draft one, especially if we already had a solid starting FB.

Billy Price in the 1st round would make me vomit. I have a hard time believing you'd be on board with the pick either.

Archived