Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

My above comment wasn't a criticism at all toward BTC, just that I know how much he loves James.

On a semi-related note though, I believe that with the announcement of Peppers as the box nickel/SS guy (WAY overdue), that probably removes Fitz and probably James from the discussion altogether in the first, unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I believe that with the announcement of Peppers as the box nickel/SS guy (WAY overdue), that probably removes Fitz and probably James from the discussion altogether in the first, unfortunately.

Not necessarily, but the FO and coaches would have to be all in on Fitz or James being able to excel at FS.

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

This draft is going to be ALOT BETTER  than what people are making it out to seem 

there are going to be guys taken in the 6th round that can BALL

Meaning this will be a draft that gets a lot of scouts and FO office people fired lol for not evaluating talent and missing on picks when others would of been great picks

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Meaning this will be a draft that gets a lot of scouts and FO office people fired lol for not evaluating talent and missing on picks when others would of been great picks

Can't wait to read articles with "Cleveland passed on this franchise player in the third round" which ignores that every team in the NFL passed on said player multiple times.

14 hours ago, bruceb said:

Not necessarily, but the FO and coaches would have to be all in on Fitz or James being able to excel at FS.

I agree with Bruce. It's not so much that it rules them, but it does mean the FO would have to be confident projecting the guy they take to FS/CB. There are reasons to think both could do it (Saban's endorsement for Minkah, crazy athleticism for James), but no proof for either.

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Starting to hear rumblings Minkah can absolutely move to safety and flourish. Stay tuned gents. Peppers Fitzpatrick duo sounds good to me. 

Subject as always to how Williams uses them.

I am sick and tired already of him and his effing angel.

I want a ballhawk and I do not care if he is a frickin devil.

a few quick comps Ive thought about today.

Nick Chubb - Frank Gore/Rudi Johnson

Ronald Jones - Priest Holmes(before he developed his pass catching skills)

Sony Michelle - Clinton Portis

Derrius Guice - Corey Dillon

Tremain Edmunds - Karlos Dansby

Denzel Ward - Antoine Winfield

Kalen Ballage - Michael Bush(before the devestating leg injury that forever alterred his ability)

Ive seen this one from others, but I agree: Saquan Barkley - Ladanian Tomlinson

11 hours ago, bruceb said:

Subject as always to how Williams uses them.

I am sick and tired already of him and his effing angel.

I want a ballhawk and I do not care if he is a frickin devil.

What Williams did with the defense still baffles me. I just have to wonder if things will change the more talent we add. He may have felt forced to do what he thought necessary. Bottom line is our defense did improve. I’m really looking forward to see if that was the case. 

Tho Peppers being off the all 22 still pisses me off. 

42 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hearing the Giants are praying the Browns pass on Darnold. 

There are TONS of articles coming out right now saying "Giants are bullish on eli, looking at trades for #2" and "Giants think Eli can play several more years", and "Giants looking for the best player at #2"....

Translation...

Giants trying to convince everyone they wont take a QB in hopes the browns feel confident their QB will be there at #4? :-P

Take Darnold #1 and don't look back....

9 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

There are TONS of articles coming out right now saying "Giants are bullish on eli, looking at trades for #2" and "Giants think Eli can play several more years", and "Giants looking for the best player at #2"....

Translation...

Giants trying to convince everyone they wont take a QB in hopes the browns feel confident their QB will be there at #4? :-P

Take Darnold #1 and don't look back....

Even if they do, they aren’t passing on a QB from this class at two when Eli is 37.

Archived