What are your true feelings?

thebestever6

Do you think John Elway can pick a talented qb?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think John Elway can pick a talented qb?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but we don't have the coaching
    • No bc we don't have the oline for the guy to reach is potential

Before chosing in the poll please read accurate sample size needed.

The purpose of this argument is to guage our thoughts as a fan base.

There's the part of the fanbase that thinks Cousins is the guy. He can lead this team to tremendous heights. 

There's also part of the fan base that thinks Cousins is the only choice. It's kinda of saying it without dumping on Elway.  Make no mistake about it there's tremendous talent at qb in this class. I firmly believe that if saints had a chance to pick Mayfield they'd already let Brees walk. Sean Peyton believes in him.

So either you think elway can make a quality selection at qb and we have the coaching and get the oline to maximize chance for success or you don't.  

More QB talk? What is this, The Fan? :D

I guess I play along and say what I have already said a few hundred times since November, Cousins is the way to go. There are four QB prospects in the draft, at least two of whom figure to available to us at No. 5 overall but all carry significant risk and the three not named Josh Rosen figure to need time to develop. We have a short window left with this defense, we have an impatient fan base and the team needs to get back in the playoff hunt for financial reasons. Throwing a raw rookie with red flags to the wolves next year is not optimal.

So, do I think Elway can pick a talented QB, yes I do and his name is Kirk Cousins. Can he draft a talented QB, I have my doubts. Furthermore, with Goofy somehow keeping his job as Head Coach (thanks, Joe Ellis) I'm not sure he can manage developing a young QB, he sure fouled it up last year. 

23 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

More QB talk? What is this, The Fan? :D

I guess I play along and say what I have already said a few hundred times since November, Cousins is the way to go. There are four QB prospects in the draft, at least two of whom figure to available to us at No. 5 overall but all carry significant risk and the three not named Josh Rosen figure to need time to develop. We have a short window left with this defense, we have an impatient fan base and the team needs to get back in the playoff hunt for financial reasons. Throwing a raw rookie with red flags to the wolves next year is not optimal.

So, do I think Elway can pick a talented QB, yes I do and his name is Kirk Cousins. Can he draft a talented QB, I have my doubts. Furthermore, with Goofy somehow keeping his job as Head Coach (thanks, Joe Ellis) I'm not sure he can manage developing a young QB, he sure fouled it up last year. 

You don't buy Musgrave being instrumental to Derek Carrs success?

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Not alone does Goofy still have a job - Boozer does as well.

34 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

There's going to be a lot of upset and disappointed fans when Cousins doesn't come here.....

I really don’t think so.  I haven’t seen anyone that’s all on board with signing Cousins.  Most seem to share my opinion. Cousins is a good player who immediately improves the team, but the price tag for his services will be ridiculous.

Just now, germ-x said:

I really don’t think so.  I haven’t seen anyone that’s all on board with signing Cousins.  Most seem to share my opinion. Cousins is a good player who immediately improves the team, but the price tag for his services will be ridiculous.

I don't think you've been on social media, reddit, or the other forums......

10 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I'm in the pro-Cousins camp as I think he's the best option for improving the team at the area it needs the most improvement. He makes us a playoff contender. The cost will be extraordinary but that's why we have to start hitting on our draft picks to get good players on rookie contracts. 

All of that being said, it's not like I'm going to throw a fit or jump off the royal gorge bridge if we don't get Cousins. 

8 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I don't think you've been on social media, reddit, or the other forums......

If Elway can't break the QB failure cycle, then I expect whatever option we choose to be one of continued ineptitude...and in retrospect will be obvious to most if not all.

Not being a football guru myself, I tend to be late to the party on such matters and often find it difficult to balance the extremes that occur on this forum. Our HC and QBOTF are perfect examples. Wait and see mode. 

Archived