Worst cases of cap management?

Elky

Albert Haynesworth.

JaMarcus Russell.

IIRC, the Titans had a terrible cap situation in like 2004ish and had to cut a ton of players on their team that were close to their prime. I remember Samari Rolle and a bevy of other talented players being jettisoned due to a hilariously bad cap situation.

The Eagles in 2009ish? Signed every top level free agent available and formed the "dream team." Ended up being more like a dream where you're peeing in a toilet and then you wake up and realize you've peed on yourself instead. Turribul.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Jaguars in the late-90s and early-2000s. The Texans had to save them in the Expansion Draft because the Jaguars completely mismanaged their cap.

The Texans filled their roster with former Jaguars, Jets and Ravens who were all in cap hell. 3 Jaguars ($16.7M cap relief) and Jets ($14M) and 2 Ravens ($7 M) 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

The saints were pretty brutal more recently. 

That had a lot to do with all of the players they signed being terrible once they got here. That and they would cut players with money left on their deals.

I agree though, the Saints were a recent example of poor cap management.

22 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Albert Haynesworth.

JaMarcus Russell.

IIRC, the Titans had a terrible cap situation in like 2004ish and had to cut a ton of players on their team that were close to their prime. I remember Samari Rolle and a bevy of other talented players being jettisoned due to a hilariously bad cap situation.

The Eagles in 2009ish? Signed every top level free agent available and formed the "dream team." Ended up being more like a dream where you're peeing in a toilet and then you wake up and realize you've peed on yourself instead. Turribul.

(note to @BleedTheClock- you've done this?)

Ahhhhh, The "Dream Team"! Those sexy Eagles of 2011, and Vince Young's terminal case of Foot-In-Mouth Disease!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2621230-the-dream-team-that-wasnt-a-cautionary-tale-for-free-agency

-Love how VY makes sure to list himself as one of the components of that Dream:

Young, the former third overall pick in the 2006 draft and a two-time Pro Bowler, does not pause to think. "Aww, Dream Team, heh, heh, heh, heh. From Nnamdi [Asomugha] to [Dominique Rodgers-]Cromartie, to Jason [Babin] to myself, you know they are going to do some more things. It's just beautiful to see where we're trying to go."

Dream Team.

"Awww, I 'uz just messin' witchoo, Man!"

Image result for philadelphia eagles dream team 2011

The "Dream Team" ended up to be A Nightmare on Broad Street

Image result for Nightmare on Elm Street

Archived