AAA's Mock Offseason

AnAngryAmerican

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I guess so. Big deal. 

I'm still not totally sure how Gesicki profiles in the NFL. He's got some talent, but he's definitely not a blocker. I suppose he could be used like Evan Engram, but Engram is a unique player in his own right. I think of guys like Trey Burton and Tyler Higbee when I think of Gesicki. He could definitely be a good player but I think he has a very specific use case in the NFL

33 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I'm still not totally sure how Gesicki profiles in the NFL. He's got some talent, but he's definitely not a blocker. I suppose he could be used like Evan Engram, but Engram is a unique player in his own right. I think of guys like Trey Burton and Tyler Higbee when I think of Gesicki. He could definitely be a good player but I think he has a very specific use case in the NFL

What about Mark Andrews from what,I saw only was top 5 in the 40. He is a red zone weapon. Is that Conklin guy Jacks brother from Tennessee?

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

What about Mark Andrews from what,I saw only was top 5 in the 40. He is a red zone weapon. Is that Conklin guy Jacks brother from Tennessee?

I like Mark Andrews. I think he's got a big time NFL future. I'm less excited about Hayden Hurst- I think he's basically Hunter Henry (very alliterative names) and doesn't wow me much. He's also 25 years old by the time the season starts. Meh. Dallas Goedert would be my primary TE target. I think on the right team he's a gamer, but I have no idea what round he goes in. Probably Round 2.

I wouldn't be surprised if Andrews is there at our 3rd, but he'll probably go mid-late 2nd.

Will Goedert be able to work out on a pro day at another college?   If not it’s very possible Gesicki and either Hurst / Andrews could get drafted ahead of him.   He’s my favorite but if he’s the top TE of this class he’s going early 2nd.  If he can sneak to 3rd/4th TE because of his small school background and lack of workouts to objectively judge his athleticism Rd 3 would be sweet for us.  2.7 would be a little early given he will need a developmental year (like most TE).

Archived