Total Control GM Mock- Bears War Room

winitall

Finally getting this thread up, better late than never.  For those that do not know, TCMD is a GM mock draft hosted on the forum.  

I am always looking for feedback from other people on how I am doing, even if it is that I need to stick to my day job because I've taken the team 12 steps back.  So please give me feedback on what you think the needs are, who you would trade, etc.  However, I would like to note that I am running this as captain of the ship.  I will listen to all input given but ultimately will go with what I think is best.  I have gotten some basic info on the team from @Madmike90 which has been a huge help in getting started.  I will pretty this up as I go but I thought I would open it up for discussion right now as the first round of free agency starts today.  I have made two trades so far.

TRADES:

Bears get: Michael Crabtree

Raiders get: Pernell McPhee

Bears get: Terrance Williams, Pick 118

Cowboys get: Pick 107

@ny92jefferis (Just tagging you so you have a link to the thread)

To add, I would explore what CLE wants for Gordon. I'd offer a 2018 4th and conditional 2019 pick going up to a 2nd if he signed long-term and finished the season without legal woes. I'd start lower but work up.

Talib is worth the pick 118 if they really want to clear up cap space. I don't like him personally, but seeing him and Amukamara on the outside and Fuller at NB would be a sight to see. Amukamara would be the number 3, but Fuller is simply more versatile IMO.

And like how DEN unloaded Osweiler to CLE and gave a pick to CLE to take on his contract, if JAX is hellbent on Cousins I would be willing to take on Bortle's deal if we received a draft pick. Glennon being cut opens up quite a bit.  Bortles would undoubtedly be our #2, and I think it is unlikely, but I'm willing to eat the cap to get another pick. If they are also determined to open up cap for Allen Robinson, I might drop the required round we'd get down one if they threw in Hurns (who is likely a fresh cut anyway for them to open cap space). So we would get Hurns, take on Bortles's cap hit for 2018, and get a draft pick, they get to hunt Cousins and can afford to franchise Robinson if need be.   Puts them at approx $42.5 mil cap space. Still can cut Lewis and a few others to pinch pennies if need be.

If BUF wants to move up to 8 for a QB, I would want 1(21) and 1(22) and a third (2019) to do it. They would receive 1(8) and whichever 4th.

22 minutes ago, winitall said:

Just thought I would update after the first round of free agency, Kyle Fuller got 30 million a year from the Texans. Will have more in the morning but wow. 

$30 million per YEAR?!?! LMAO. Is Gaine or McNair the methhead? lol

Honestly Fuller should at minimum have been franchised by most of the opinions here. No way in hell would we want to go into FA needing two starting CBs.

Offense
Position Number 1 Number 2 Number 3 Number 4 Number 5
WR 1313 - Michael Crabtree - WR 3879 - Jordan Matthews - WR 1119 - Kevin White - WR    
TE 0025 - Adam Shaheen - TE 0601 - Dion Sims - TE 0149 - Ben Braunecker - TE 0389 - Colin Thompson - TE  
LT 0323 - Charles Leno, Jr. - LT        
LG 0377 - Cody Whitehair - LG 0981 - Jordan Morgan - LG 0280 - Cameron Lee - LG    
C 0670 - Eric Kush - RG 0757 - Hroniss Grasu - C 1703 - Travis Averill - C    
RG 0206 - Brandon Scherff - RG 0196 - Brandon Greene - RG      
RT 0169 - Bobby Massie - RT        
WR 1661 - Terrance Williams - WR 8466 - Quincy Enunwa - WR 1243 - Markus Wheaton - WR    
QB 1342 - Mitchell Trubisky - QB        
FB 1312 - Michael Burton - FB        
HB 0975 - Jordan Howard - RB 1640 - Tarik Cohen - RB 5001 - Benny Cunningham - RB 1638 - Taquan MIzzell - RB  

Defense
LDE 0039 - Akiem Hicks - 34DE 0964 - Jonathan Bullard - 34DE      
NT 0644 - Eddie Goldman - 34DT        
RDE 4033 - Mitch Unrein - 34DE 1448 - Rashaad Coward - 34DE      
LOLB 1181 - Leonard Floyd - 34OLB 1795 - Willie Young - 34OLB      
LILB 0906 - Jerrell Freeman - ILB 1377 - Nick Kwiatkoski - ILB      
RILB 0460 - Danny Trevathan - ILB 0963 - Jonathan Anderson - ILB      
ROLB 7003 - Chris McCain - 34OLB 0755 - Howard Jones - 34OLB      
CB 6552 - Aaron Colvin - CB 1222 - Marcus Cooper - CB 0970 - Jonathon Mincy - CB    
SS 0030 - Adrian Amos - S 1439 - Quintin Demps - S      
FS 0645 - Eddie Jackson - S 0551 - Deon Bush - S      
CB 0691 - Fabian Moreau - CB 6882 - Bryce Callahan - CB 0621 - Doran Grant - CB    

Special Teams
K          
P          
H          
PR          
KR          
LS          

That's the current depth chart after 3 rounds of free agency and a couple of trades.  I can post some trade info later if anyone wants to see it. 

Current draft picks are: 8, 44, 117, 118, 165, 184, 224

Future Draft Picks: All except for 2019 5th.

25 minutes ago, G08 said:

@winitall looks good so far, I'd try to bring Cameron Meredith back on a cheap deal if he's still floating around out there.

What happened to Kyle Long?

He was a part of the move to acquire Brandon Scherff.  Here's the full trade below.  Meredith got scooped up on a large RFA offer sheet.  I didn't know he would be so popular or I would have put a 2nd round tag on him rather than ROFR.  

Washington Receives

0421 Cre'von Leblanc - CB

1015 Josh Sitton - LG

1138 Kye Long - RG

2nd round pick 39

2019 5th round Pick

Chicago Receives

0691 Fabian Moreau - CB

0206 Brandon Scherff - RG

2nd round pick 44

More power to you, have fun and all that, but I don't like the "total control" GM games.  Already all kinds of unrealistic things happening.

Trading McPhee is like trading Glennon or Demps, guys who are for sure going to be released.  30 million/year for Fuller?  No one is going to do that.  It just gets silly.   

I like the GM games where its straight drafting and only trading other draft picks.  I'd do some speed rounds if anyone wants to, but drafting over weeks or months is just too long.

Archived