• Lamar Jackson [ QB ] Louisville
    • Josh Allen [ QB ] Wyoming
    • Josh Jackson [ CB ] Iowa
    • Isaiah Wynn [ G/T ] Georgia
    • James Daniels [ C ] Iowa
    • Rashaan Evans [ ILB ] Alabama
    • Taven Bryan [ DT ] Florida

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/2018 at 10:15 PM

PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR VOTING:

• Each poll will last 24 hours 
  • There are two polls, one to cast your first choice, one to cast your second preference
  • The player with the most votes from BOTH polls, will be declared the pick
  • There will be no run-offs
  • If you vote for the same player in both polls, your vote(s) will be disqualified

Before complaining about poll options, refer to this thread:-

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/7055-consensus-mock-rules-and-feedback-thread/

Bengals Needs from https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-nfl-team-needs-041500466--spt.html

Offensive Line: Aside from LG Clint Boling, it’s pick a spot, any spot for Bengals offensive line areas in need of upgrading. Letting go of LT Andrew Whitworth and RG Kevin Zeitler in 2017 free agency was an all-too-predictable disaster, as Cincinnati’s colossal downturn in offensive line play effectively torpedoed both the run and pass offenses. 

Quarterback: Andy Dalton has continued to show he is only as good as the personnel around him, and Dalton too often recently has dragged them down. In salary cap terms, the Bengals could easily cut Dalton in any of the next three years. The Bengals have given no indications they view A.J. McCarron as the future, even agreeing to an ultimately failed trade to send McCarron to the division-rival Browns last Halloween. 

Defensive Front Seven: One more need comes to mind: Tight end with Tyler Eifert’s contract up. There are multiple front-seven areas worth upgrading on the interior defensive line and both linebacker positions alongside WLB Vontaze Burfict, who he himself has missed 28 games over the past four years due to injuries and suspensions.

Results:-

1.Cleveland - Sam Darnold [QB] USC

2.NY Giants - Josh Rosen [QB] UCLA

3.Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb [DE] NC State

4.Cleveland(From Houston) - Saquon Barkley [RB] Penn St.

5.Denver - Quenton Nelson [OG] Notre Dame

6.NY Jets - Baker Mayfield [ QB ] Oklahoma

7.Tampa Bay - Minkah Fitzpatrick [ FS ] Alabama

8.Chicago - Denzel Ward [ CB ] Ohio St.

9.San Francisco - Tremaine Edmunds [ ILB ] Va. Tech

10.Oakland - Roquan Smith [ ILB ] Georgia

11.Miami - Marcus Davenport [ DE ] UTSA

12.Cincinnati

13.Washington

14.Green Bay

15.Arizona

16.Baltimore

17.LA Chargers

18.Seattle

19.Dallas

20.Detroit

21.Buffalo

22.Buffalo

23.LA Rams

24.Carolina

25.Tennessee

26.Atlanta

27.New Orleans

28.Pittsburgh

29.Jacksonville

30.Minnesota

31.New England

32.Philadelphia

For the Bengals I went Derwin James as my first option as Conner Williams as my second. Orlando Brown and Vita Vea would be my other options. 

I think James would instantly upgrade the back end and I don’t view the offensive tackles as worthy of the number 12 pick. But if I had to pick it would be Williams. 

My first choice would actually be to trade down 

56 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

For the Bengals I went Derwin James as my first option as Conner Williams as my second. Orlando Brown and Vita Vea would be my other options. 

I think James would instantly upgrade the back end and I don’t view the offensive tackles as worthy of the number 12 pick. But if I had to pick it would be Williams. 

My first choice would actually be to trade down 

Hah. That was my exact thought process. Good stuff.

One of the tackles Williams/Brown would make a ton of sense there.

It'd also be an interesting spot to take a flyer on Josh Allen though.  A situation where he'd actually be afforded the opportunity he needs to sit and prepare.  Andy Dalton is amazing in his ability to walk that fine line of QB purgatory, where you can't just replace him without getting worse and he's often good enough with the right surrounding cast...but he's also often frustrating and not good enough.  A guy like Josh Allen could be their ticket out of there if he can eventually put things together in the right situation.  Could see them taking a road very similar to the KC Chiefs in drafting a project to sit for a year, then moving their mediocre veteran starter for some extra picks the next season.

Hate to be the guy to ask why player X was left off, but I came into this thread thinking McGlinchey would be the answer. Tackle makes the most sense for the Bengals and they may go with the safest one, given their recent big misses at the spot. 

Not that I really have strong insight/opinions about the difference between the tackles anyway, so I voted the two on the list. Definitely seems like one of the most obvious team-position matches in the draft. 

Archived