DJ Moore - Possible 1st round target?

paraven

DJ Moore now up to number 23 on NFL Draft Scout's board-

"–23. D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland (6-0, 210, 4.42, #1)
Moore was taller and faster than expected at the Combine, and his game film shows legitimate Steve Smith vibes in terms of speed, physical presence and instincts downfield."

"Moore has very strong tape, which is why he debuted at No. 30 on my first draft board. At the Combine, he was faster (4.42 seconds in 40 yards compared to an expected 4.52) and taller (6-feet compared to an expected 5-10), moving him up to No. 23. Moore remains the No. 2 wide receiver, behind only Alabama’s Calvin Ridley."

http://nfldraftscout.com/2018/03/08/brugler-big-board-20-marylands-moore-boise-states-vander-esch-rising/

The top-5 finishes in the 40 and the shuttle (speed/agility), top-end finishes in the vertical and broad jump (explosion) and his performance last season all combine to make me think he may be worth it at 16.  Ideally we would move back a few spots and pick up an additional mid-rounder, but you gotta get your guy.

FWIW, I love him as a prospect, but I felt much more strongly about Diggs.  That's the one draft opinion I will continue to hang my hat on (at the time I repeatedly stated how I was higher on him relative to consensus than any Terp at any time).

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, paraven said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922149/article/fiveround-mock-draft-buffalo-bills-trade-up-for-baker-mayfield

chad reuter has DJ Moore going to the skins at 13 and is the first WR taken... Highest ive seen him mocked so far

Chad Reuter also has us taking an edge rusher at 16 because:

Davenport has the potential to become an excellent pass rusher for the Ravens, who will need help when Terrell Suggs retires or moves on to another team.

Which to me tells me this guy is a goddamn idiot who can't do 5 seconds of research on a team.

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Chad Reuter also has us taking an edge rusher at 16 because:

Which to me tells me this guy is a goddamn idiot who can't do 5 seconds of research on a team.

Yea, that's definitely a "let me use one thing I know about this team off the top of my head" justification.

1 hour ago, paraven said:

dang, DJ just said on path to the draft that hes called around league offices and there a lot on buzz ok DJ Moore. Said dont be surprised if he is first wr off board...

That doesn’t surprise me. I’ve been saying for quite some time now that I think DJ Moore should go ahead of Calvin Ridley. Or rather that I would take him ahead of Ridley.

Ridley is the most advanced receiver in this class, but he’s 2-2 1/2 years older than Moore and Kirk and a year older than Sutton, Washington, and Gallup.

Ridley’s advanced stage shouldn’t be held against him especially when compared to the second group of players, but when compared to Moore and Kirk? I think I have to factor that in. They have better frames, offer more YAC ability, are both very fast and explosive as well.

Granted, when Ridley was a freshman at their age, he was probably still better than those guys are now. But given their frame, they have the potential to have higher ceilings.

I could easily see a scenario where the receivers go: Moore, Kirk, Ridley.

2 hours ago, paraven said:

dang, DJ just said on path to the draft that hes called around league offices and there a lot on buzz ok DJ Moore. Said dont be surprised if he is first wr off board...

I like DJ Moore but I think this would definitely be overthinking it... y’all remember the Kevin white amari Cooper debate... and how white closed the gap in pre draft... White has been injured and cooper has regressed but I think the pre draft process can cause people to overthink it... my issue with this receiver Class is there really isnt that much separating the top 5 -7 prospects... they all have different strengths that a team may prefer but outside of Sutton none of them are overly imposing or overly athletic... good athletes yes but nothing extremely special... and even Sutton has his question marks beyond shear size which u can’t teach or coach... I’d gladly take Ridley Sutton or Moore at 16... I can’t lie I like Sutton the most because although he may be the worst of the three now his potential is by far the greatest to me... but like I always say at 16 we need a pro bowl talent.. and I honestly don’t care which position they play as long as they have a immediate impact and challenge for playin time from the door 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the combine drills as far as the routes Ridley is just on another level... u can tell he is going to get open... His routes are so explosive... if we decide to sign decker and picc Ridley and a TE and a lineman in the 2nd and 3rd... I’m anxious to see what this offense can look like... if it falls to us like this and Flacco doesn’t have a career year... He should be cut next year and QB should be our main focus for next years draft 

Archived