DJ Moore - Possible 1st round target?

paraven

11 minutes ago, EastsideEZ said:

Watching the tape I don’t see the speed y’all see with Moore 

That’s fair.

But I’d be willing to guarantee Moore runs in between a 4.35 and a 4.45 official. I just see a guy who consistently gears down to acommodate poor armed QBs and not being in a groove with his options.

I guarantee he puts up a 6.85 three-cone or less as well. He’s one of the hardest working talents to come out of a program that’s been known for producing athletic freaks in the past.

But hey, I understand that Kirk has the media backing as the guy... and also has talent. So I can’t hate on his ability.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

That’s fair.

But I’d be willing to guarantee Moore runs in between a 4.35 and a 4.45 official. I just see a guy who consistently gears down to acommodate poor armed QBs and not being in a groove with his options.

I guarantee he puts up a 6.85 three-cone or less as well. He’s one of the hardest working talents to come out of a program that’s been known for producing athletic freaks in the past.

But hey, I understand that Kirk has the media backing as the guy... and also has talent. So I can’t hate on his ability.

Where did you read about the bolded part? I haven't read anything negative about him, but it is always a plus if he has the blue collar mentality.

I just watched the videos posted a couple of pages back. The first game in the rain/snow, Michigan? that was actually bad. He caught the ball but led it get into his body, and the pass thrown high - if that is his leaping ability, it is not impressive.

The other games look a little better, and there are some good things which seem natural to him, like the hand fighting with cornerbacks down the field, he can run the in/out route of 5-7 yards pretty well and he has a gear when he sees daylight. Obviously a screen type of receiver, but I still don't see the explosiveness you guys talk about. Moreso than steve Smith, I would say Jarvis Landry type of receiver - and that is not bad in my book - but also not a 1. round talent.

I don't care if he runs 4.35 or 4.55, I think we have a pretty solid idea about what type he is, and the question is how much he can build on.

"Moore, who left Maryland after his junior season, was highly regarded by the Maryland coaching staff for a “contagious” attitude and work ethic. "

http://draftscout.tsxfiles.com/2018/02/11/maryland-wr-moore-a-rising-prospect-in-nfl-draft/

I don't know where specifically DB saw that, but it comes up in some shape or form in nearly every article I've read on him.

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

That’s fair.

But that’s the thing I really don’t think either are a bonafide top 15 talent which is essentially where we are picking given the fact that multiple qbs are projected to go prior to our pick... I just think kirks combine numbers are going to catapult his draft stock similar to say a John Ross or a Tavon Young before him... I think his game translates to a golden Tate type in the nfl like someone also stated his return ability is something we may also covet because we already possess the best kicking units a potential elite returner would take our return unit over the top as well... I don’t really want it to be but I’m thinking this is the pick... I also think we may take another receiver in the second like say for instance a guy like Courtland Sutton falls to our second I could see us drafting him too especially if we miss out on Landry.... I’ve also heard a lot of rumors about jimmy graham possibly being a target I’d love that because our division sucks at defending TEs lol

4 hours ago, EastsideEZ said:

But that’s the thing I really don’t think either are a bonafide top 15 talent which is essentially where we are picking given the fact that multiple qbs are projected to go prior to our pick... I just think kirks combine numbers are going to catapult his draft stock similar to say a John Ross or a Tavon Young before him... I think his game translates to a golden Tate type in the nfl like someone also stated his return ability is something we may also covet because we already possess the best kicking units a potential elite returner would take our return unit over the top as well... I don’t really want it to be but I’m thinking this is the pick... I also think we may take another receiver in the second like say for instance a guy like Courtland Sutton falls to our second I could see us drafting him too especially if we miss out on Landry.... I’ve also heard a lot of rumors about jimmy graham possibly being a target I’d love that because our division sucks at defending TEs lol

Neither are top 15 talents. But of the two, DJ Moore has more upside. He also has return ability on his resume. Just not to the degree of Kirk. That said, from a receiver standpoint, he’s stronger, has better vision after the catch, and does a better job with using his hands to create separation as a receiver.

That said, Moore projects IMO to be a 1000 yd receiver in the Derrick Mason mold. With how our franchise struggles to draft and develop receivers, I’d easily take Derrick Mason with a 16th pick.

8 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

The more I see of this kid, the more I see him going in the first round. If he has a stellar combine, he could go in the top 25. Was hoping he'd be around in the 2nd for us. Time will tell I suppose. 

I think his ceiling is Philly at #32 and his floor is obviously us at pick #52. Don't lose hope, it can still happen. 

Philly has Alshon, Torrey and Agholar who had a coming out this season. I can't see them going WR unless they cut Torrey. 

DJ Moore could be a big addition for the team. I wouldn't be opposed to kicking the tires on Tavon Austin once he's released. He's a Baltimore guy and could be a geat tool for Flacco. 

Archived