Le'Veon Bell

Money

Bell is to be tagged today with the non-exclusive franchise tag variety. My question to the Lions board is how much MONEY are you going to pay this guy? Rarely it is wise to sign someone to an offer sheet but given where the Lions are as a team and where they draft it might not be a bad idea to invest the 20th pick and 2019 1st into Le'Veon Bell.

I think something like 5 years, $85m will get the deal done. Something like $40m over the first two years. The Steelers might still match that, but would you give Bell that much money? Do you think he's worth two first round picks?

You get a running game and check down city for Matt Stafford. He's still young - 26 turned 26 last week. He might be the missing piece the Lions need to take them over the top and then you could tag Ziggy Ansah and use your other picks on your other needs like EDGE, OL, LB, and even a WR

3 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

No. I Iove me some Bell but IMO 2 first round picks PLUS a bunch of cash wouldn’t be worth it. 

I concur with this.  I think he makes 13 mil a year max.  Maybe half guaranteed.  That's still 4.5 mil more than any other RB.  I would give him that, but not with the picks it would take to get him. If they want to part with him for a second I would be fine with it.

15 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I concur with this.  I think he makes 13 mil a year max.  Maybe half guaranteed.  That's still 4.5 mil more than any other RB.  I would give him that, but not with the picks it would take to get him. If they want to part with him for a second I would be fine with it.

I’d be fine with that too. It’s still somewhat risky because RBs shelf life are typically short but he is a talent. I’d be happy to give up a 2nd and take on that cash cow.

Bell is a great player but he has a history of high workload. It’s not if he breaks down but when. A front loaded contract would be okay but not giving up multiple firsts.

Pittsburgh is going to tag him each year so they can simply say goodbye when he declines. They’ve got it figured out.

I’d gladly overpay Bell in a heartbeat and load the front of his contract. There’s no question in that.

But, two firsts? I’d rather our scouts Identify the closest thing to a can’t miss prospect in their eyes and go up and get him rather than dropping those picks on Bell. Although I’m not sure I’d really want to do that, either. 

Bell is a stud, he worth 5 1st round picks! Every player drafted is a prospect player period that's why there are bust in the draft. I rather take a Stud like Bell then draft a player I am not sure of yeah the money sucks and losing draft picks suck but having that explosive player perhaps the best  back in the NFL on our team.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:51 AM, LION KING said:

Bell is a stud, he worth 5 1st round picks! Every player drafted is a prospect player period that's why there are bust in the draft. I rather take a Stud like Bell then draft a player I am not sure of yeah the money sucks and losing draft picks suck but having that explosive player perhaps the best  back in the NFL on our team.

What would u give up for Adrian Peterson?

22 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

What would u give up for Adrian Peterson?

Back at the draft I would of gave up 3 Calvin Johnson for him his rookie year! Period the man was a beast.  Great QB make wr great even when they're below average you see it on every team but Backs like Bell, Peterson even Barry Sanders and Billy Sims once in a life time you don't pass them up for a WIDEOUT!

There is a reason that Pittsburgh, which is arguably a more complete team with a smaller window (due to Roethlisbergers pending retirement) would be willing to let him go. Bell is a great player and clearly one of the best at his position when he's on the field. However, he has had multiple suspensions and issues along the way. If you're going to go all in on a top level RB, I would prefer to go all in on Saquon. I'm not suggesting that we try and trade up from #20 to #1 or #4 to get him. I'm merely saying that I would rather go after a top level prospect who has shown to be clean on and off the field if we were to go all in.

2 hours ago, LION KING said:

Back at the draft I would of gave up 3 Calvin Johnson for him his rookie year! Period the man was a beast.  Great QB make wr great even when they're below average you see it on every team but Backs like Bell, Peterson even Barry Sanders and Billy Sims once in a life time you don't pass them up for a WIDEOUT!

No I mean now LK

Archived