#Jaguars LT Branden Albert is retiring.

Farsendor1

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I love jags fans. You guys have no chill. This is sig worthy btw xD

It was bad.

Fowler beat him bad with a swim move and Albert had virtually no lateral movement on the step. He then pointed out Fowler and said he wanted him again, actually letting the defense reset in order to get Fowler over there. Fowler proceeded to knock Albert off his feet with a bull rush.

Not even mad. Didn't give up much for him. He never really seem that interested in playing and getting whooped by Fowler was the last straw I guess. 

Saves us about $18 million the next two years and Cam Robinson will be the LT. Probably would have won the LT job anyway.

Not a big loss. 

54 minutes ago, iPwn said:
1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I love jags fans. You guys have no chill. This is sig worthy btw xD

It was bad.

Fowler beat him bad with a swim move and Albert had virtually no lateral movement on the step. He then pointed out Fowler and said he wanted him again, actually letting the defense reset in order to get Fowler over there. Fowler proceeded to knock Albert off his feet with a bull rush.

Yep.

Also confused by his statement considering that I was throwing more shade at Fowler than at Albert, lol.

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

Wasn’t even a contract dispute. He sat out because he didn’t want to go to voluntary workouts. Because...well...he wasn’t sure he was coming back.

They’ve said all along that Cam was a LT only and that they had no plans to play him elsewhere. He’s only gotten reps at LT too. 

Fair enough. Still, a rookie LT in a division with the likes of Clowney, Mercilius, Watt, Orakpo and Morgan is tough sledding.

Then again, if Albert is losing to Fowler on consecutive snaps... maybe it's for the best. 

Whatever happened to Joekel? He even on the roster anymore? I knew a bunch of A&M alums who swore that Joekel was destined to be a star.

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Whatever happened to Joekel? He even on the roster anymore? I knew a bunch of A&M alums who swore that Joekel was destined to be a star.

In Seattle now. We didn’t even extend him an offer. 

1 hour ago, Bednarik60 said:

Nice to see they get there pick back. So its not that bad of a loss. 

I think they'd rather have a solid LT than a 2018 7th round pick.

33 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Brandon Albert will have to pay back his signing bonus if he retires...so i don't think he's actually going to retire.

inb4 posters critize a billionaire owner for trying to recoup a few million

Archived