The Josh Rosen Hype / Rumor Train to Buffalo

The BILLievers

On 3/14/2018 at 9:36 PM, gobills123 said:

Josh Allen is Kyle Boller 2.0

Both have cannon arms. Both are pretty tall. Both completeted less than 56 percent of throws in college. 

Who has a better comparison for Josh Allen?

Stumbled across this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2761942-wyoming-oc-brent-vigen-qa-is-josh-allen-the-next-carson-wentz

Is Vigen a good salesman or is this an honest assessment? I have no idea!

On 3/15/2018 at 12:36 AM, gobills123 said:

Josh Allen is Kyle Boller 2.0

Both have cannon arms. Both are pretty tall. Both completeted less than 56 percent of throws in college. 

Who has a better comparison for Josh Allen?

Not better, but I think another comparison I had in my head was a better Ryan Mallett. Big guy, rocket arm, though Mallett completed 64.7% of his passes his senior year, for his collegiate career it is sub 60%

On 3/15/2018 at 10:41 AM, soflbillsfan said:

Both teams have new coaches so they are in no rush to make a decision on a qb this fast in to their Gm and HC career. You have 2 capable franchise qbs on your rosters so why spend the pick on new qbs with limited time figuring out your current roster and coaching staff on top of critiquing the coming in qbs. You can think doomsday by saying they both take qbs but realistically they are looking to build a team. Eli may be 37 years old and can be there for 3 years. Most coaching staffs who fail are out in 3 years so drafting a future qb may not be in their best interest. We will see on luck by next week when he is in Indy.

One thing I do know is Beane knows what he is doing he wouldnt have the  move up to 12 if he didnt have an idea of having the opportunity to move up again. Drafting Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph in the 1st rd would be a complete disaster for Beane. You dont settle on your cheap bridge qb if you have a guy like those 2 in the waiting. 

Well, Indy settled their question, no doubt the doctors gave a thumbs up on Luck and so they traded out to the Jets who will draft a QB, that leaves either the Giants or Cleveland at #4 to trade with. Both may take their position picks over a QB at 2 or 4, or they both may be willing to trade with us, but with Denver and Arizona in the picture, a trade might not get done till draft day, as teams allow a bidding war to proceed. 

I have full confidence in Beane, so we will just have to wait to see the outcome and hope all ends well for Buffalo!!!

10 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

Not better, but I think another comparison I had in my head was a better Ryan Mallett. Big guy, rocket arm, though Mallett completed 64.7% of his passes his senior year, for his collegiate career it is sub 60%

I see a lot of EJ in him to be honest. Big, strong armed QB with horrible field vision and inaccuracy on short and intermediate throws. Both somewhat mobile. Allen obviously has a better arm but a lot of the same red flags keep popping up for me when I see Allen. 

16 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I see a lot of EJ in him to be honest. Big, strong armed QB with horrible field vision and inaccuracy on short and intermediate throws. Both somewhat mobile. Allen obviously has a better arm but a lot of the same red flags keep popping up for me when I see Allen. 

Don't really see that at all. Manuel had a much smaller arm, Manuel was more accurate and safe with the football. I think Allen is more like Osweiler than anyone.

5 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Don't really see that at all. Manuel had a much smaller arm, Manuel was more accurate and safe with the football. I think Allen is more like Osweiler than anyone.

Everyone comparing him to QB's they disliked because they dislike him. I'm hearing less mobile Cam Newton and even Ben Rothlisberger comps from pundits who make their living analyzing prospects. He's basically the consensus #2 QB prospect according to all the draft pundits and he had a great combine.

I don't want him because we're punting this season if we take him, but let's pump the breaks on comparing him to his absolute floor.

Beane spoke to Peter King this morning and said the following information when asked if you will trade up again with all the ammo you have?:

"The truth? Most of these quarterbacks I've only spent 15 minutes with. [At the combine, each team can meet with prospects for a maximum of 15 minutes per player.] I haven't spent enough time to have an opinion about any of them yet, honestly. I actually sent a little note to our [scouts] yesterday. We got six weeks to get our board together. I am not there yet, knowing if we can or will move up again. I want [head coach] Sean [McDermott] to get to know all of them. We're just keeping an open mind. Where we're at, we've got the picks, we've got the draft capital. I'm not ready to pull the trigger."

So I am not sure if the story about Browns is true. Keep in mind its all about rumors and leverage. Bills have been tight lipped about everything when it comes to players and I expect it to be the same. This could be a ploy on browns part to drum up interest for other teams to bid more picks. They can essentially continue to add more picks and build a brand new roster by trading the #1 overall pick if they are comfortable of getting their qb at 4.

51 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Beane spoke to Peter King this morning and said the following information when asked if you will trade up again with all the ammo you have?:

"The truth? Most of these quarterbacks I've only spent 15 minutes with. [At the combine, each team can meet with prospects for a maximum of 15 minutes per player.] I haven't spent enough time to have an opinion about any of them yet, honestly. I actually sent a little note to our [scouts] yesterday. We got six weeks to get our board together. I am not there yet, knowing if we can or will move up again. I want [head coach] Sean [McDermott] to get to know all of them. We're just keeping an open mind. Where we're at, we've got the picks, we've got the draft capital. I'm not ready to pull the trigger."

So I am not sure if the story about Browns is true. Keep in mind its all about rumors and leverage. Bills have been tight lipped about everything when it comes to players and I expect it to be the same. This could be a ploy on browns part to drum up interest for other teams to bid more picks. They can essentially continue to add more picks and build a brand new roster by trading the #1 overall pick if they are comfortable of getting their qb at 4.

'Tis the season of smokes screens.

I don't believe Beane at all. Think about how much time we spend speculating and talking to other fans. This guys entire career is based on whether or not he makes the right decision on a QB. To say he hasn't spent more than 15 minutes with them individually is probably true, but I don't believe for one bit that he hasn't thought to move up for one of them. 

Archived